iPhone exclusivity poll ends, DVR vs. iTunes poll begins
With nearly 2,900 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Should Apple abandon iPhone carrier exclusivity in your country?” has ended. Readers could say “yes” in two different ways, one indicating that they would like to use the iPhone on a competing GSM carrier, and the other saying they would like to use it on a competing non-GSM carrier. They could also say no, indicating that they felt Apple’s choice of carrier(s) was fine. Other responses were available for readers who live in a country where the iPhone isn’t exclusive, or where the iPhone isn’t available, and for those who aren’t interested in the iPhone no matter which carrier offers it.
Of all responding readers, a plurality of 45% said they thought Apple should abandon carrier exclusivity in their country so they could use the phone on a competing GSM carrier, while another 19% said that Apple should abandon exclusivity, but their preferred carrier is non-GSM and would require Apple to make a different version of the iPhone. Meanwhile, 24% of responding readers said they were fine with Apple’s choice of carrier, while 5% said the iPhone wasn’t exclusive in their country, another 5% said they weren’t interested in the iPhone regardless of which carrier offers it, and, finally, only 1% said the iPhone wasn’t available in their country at all. Thanks for all your responses!
Our new poll focuses on the choice between the iTunes Store and DVR-based TV show recordings. We’d like to know: would you rather buy your shows from the iTunes Store, or would you rather transfer them from a DVR? Or would you like to purchase your shows from iTunes, but can’t wait until the next day for the content to appear, or do you not watch TV or are otherwise uninterested in adding TV content to your library? Our new poll, “Would you rather buy TV shows from the iTunes Store or record them on an iPod/iPhone-friendly DVR?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Apple Watch coming to Best Buy on August 7
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?