iPhone exclusivity poll ends, DVR vs. iTunes poll begins
With nearly 2,900 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Should Apple abandon iPhone carrier exclusivity in your country?” has ended. Readers could say “yes” in two different ways, one indicating that they would like to use the iPhone on a competing GSM carrier, and the other saying they would like to use it on a competing non-GSM carrier. They could also say no, indicating that they felt Apple’s choice of carrier(s) was fine. Other responses were available for readers who live in a country where the iPhone isn’t exclusive, or where the iPhone isn’t available, and for those who aren’t interested in the iPhone no matter which carrier offers it.
Of all responding readers, a plurality of 45% said they thought Apple should abandon carrier exclusivity in their country so they could use the phone on a competing GSM carrier, while another 19% said that Apple should abandon exclusivity, but their preferred carrier is non-GSM and would require Apple to make a different version of the iPhone. Meanwhile, 24% of responding readers said they were fine with Apple’s choice of carrier, while 5% said the iPhone wasn’t exclusive in their country, another 5% said they weren’t interested in the iPhone regardless of which carrier offers it, and, finally, only 1% said the iPhone wasn’t available in their country at all. Thanks for all your responses!
Our new poll focuses on the choice between the iTunes Store and DVR-based TV show recordings. We’d like to know: would you rather buy your shows from the iTunes Store, or would you rather transfer them from a DVR? Or would you like to purchase your shows from iTunes, but can’t wait until the next day for the content to appear, or do you not watch TV or are otherwise uninterested in adding TV content to your library? Our new poll, “Would you rather buy TV shows from the iTunes Store or record them on an iPod/iPhone-friendly DVR?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Vote today!
- Happy Thanksgiving 2014 from iLounge!
- Don’t miss our Best of the Year Awards 2014
- iLounge announces its Best of the Year Awards for 2014
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0