iPhone exclusivity poll ends, DVR vs. iTunes poll begins
With nearly 2,900 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Should Apple abandon iPhone carrier exclusivity in your country?” has ended. Readers could say “yes” in two different ways, one indicating that they would like to use the iPhone on a competing GSM carrier, and the other saying they would like to use it on a competing non-GSM carrier. They could also say no, indicating that they felt Apple’s choice of carrier(s) was fine. Other responses were available for readers who live in a country where the iPhone isn’t exclusive, or where the iPhone isn’t available, and for those who aren’t interested in the iPhone no matter which carrier offers it.
Of all responding readers, a plurality of 45% said they thought Apple should abandon carrier exclusivity in their country so they could use the phone on a competing GSM carrier, while another 19% said that Apple should abandon exclusivity, but their preferred carrier is non-GSM and would require Apple to make a different version of the iPhone. Meanwhile, 24% of responding readers said they were fine with Apple’s choice of carrier, while 5% said the iPhone wasn’t exclusive in their country, another 5% said they weren’t interested in the iPhone regardless of which carrier offers it, and, finally, only 1% said the iPhone wasn’t available in their country at all. Thanks for all your responses!
Our new poll focuses on the choice between the iTunes Store and DVR-based TV show recordings. We’d like to know: would you rather buy your shows from the iTunes Store, or would you rather transfer them from a DVR? Or would you like to purchase your shows from iTunes, but can’t wait until the next day for the content to appear, or do you not watch TV or are otherwise uninterested in adding TV content to your library? Our new poll, “Would you rather buy TV shows from the iTunes Store or record them on an iPod/iPhone-friendly DVR?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for giveaways
- Happy Thanksgiving 2013 from iLounge!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, giveaway update
- iPad Air poll ends, New iPad models poll begins
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway reminder
- iLounge’s Retina iPad mini review details color issue, battery boost
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Razer iOS controller leaked
- U.S. Apple Stores now using iBeacon
- Apps: Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Doctor Who: Legacy, Double Dragon Trilogy + Foursquare 7.0
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Bluetooth 4.1 announced as free update for 4.0 devices
- Apple and China Mobile make iPhone deal?
- Startup uses iBeacon to allow Newsstand publication access
- Honda announces iPhone-powered car touchscreen
- Report: Apple may launch two 12.9-inch iPads
- Apps: Jetpack Joyride 1.6, The Lonely Beast 123, LoryStripes + Shazam 7.2
- Wren V5BT Bluetooth Wireless Speaker
- Incipio offGRID Pro Battery Case for iPhone 5
- Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- STM Studio for iPad Air
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Air
- Belkin LEGO Builder Case for iPad mini
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- Incipio Atlas ID for iPhone 5s
- JBL Spark Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speaker
- IK Multimedia iRig KEYS PRO
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store
- Receiving FaceTime calls on multiple devices
- iOS 7: Incorrect display of Company-only contacts