iPhone, iPod touch screen poll ends, accessory poll begins
With over 2,900 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Have you noticed any problems with your iPhone or iPod touch screen?” has ended. Readers could choose between noticeable scratches, oleophobic coating wear, other issues, no noticeable problems, or say they don’t own either device.
An overwhelming majority of respondents—81% of iPhone and iPod touch owners and 69% overall—said they hadn’t noticed any problems with their iPhone or iPod touch screens, followed by 14% who said they didn’t own an iPhone or iPod touch. Among remaining owners of the devices, 9% said they had noticed scratches, 7% said they had noticed other issues, and 3% said they had seen their iPhone 3GS’ oleophobic coating already begin to wear down or peel. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll covers iPod and iPhone accessories. We’d like to know what type of accessory you most need for your iPod or iPhone. Do you need a new case or protective film, or perhaps speakers, or new earphones? Or do you need a new in-car accessory, or Bluetooth wireless headset, or a battery pack? Maybe you need a computer dock, or an in-home charger, or some other accessory? Or do you not need a new accessory? Our new poll, “What type of accessory do you most need for your iPod or iPhone?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the far left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Apple releases iOS 9.3.5 ‘security update’
- Report: Apple developing its own Snapchat-style social video editing iOS app
- Apple announces Apple Music Festival lineup including Alicia Keys, Britney Spears + more
- Universal calls an end to exclusives amid criticisms that Apple Music is hurting the industry
- Apple reveals some of its upcoming AI advancements for the iPhone
- Apple Music’s royalty rates complicate Spotify’s contract negotiations
- iFixit highlights ‘Touch Disease’ affecting many iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus models
- Rebranded Nike+ Run Club app adds new tracking abilities
- Apple Music Festival set for Sept. 18-30
- Report: Apple planning three iPhone models for 2017, one with curved OLED display
- Distil Union Stanley Stand
- Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected Bluetooth Toothbrush
- Audeze EL-8 Titanium Over-Ear Headphones
- Defined Corp Dome Stand for Apple Watch and iPhone
- Speck StyleFolio Pencil for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Audeze Sine On-Ear Headphone
- First Alert Onelink Wi-Fi Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Logitech Create 9.7” iPad Pro Keyboard Case
- iDevices Outdoor Switch Power Outlet
- 808 Audio Canz XL Bluetooth Speaker
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app