iPhone, iPod touch screen poll ends, accessory poll begins
With over 2,900 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Have you noticed any problems with your iPhone or iPod touch screen?” has ended. Readers could choose between noticeable scratches, oleophobic coating wear, other issues, no noticeable problems, or say they don’t own either device.
An overwhelming majority of respondents—81% of iPhone and iPod touch owners and 69% overall—said they hadn’t noticed any problems with their iPhone or iPod touch screens, followed by 14% who said they didn’t own an iPhone or iPod touch. Among remaining owners of the devices, 9% said they had noticed scratches, 7% said they had noticed other issues, and 3% said they had seen their iPhone 3GS’ oleophobic coating already begin to wear down or peel. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll covers iPod and iPhone accessories. We’d like to know what type of accessory you most need for your iPod or iPhone. Do you need a new case or protective film, or perhaps speakers, or new earphones? Or do you need a new in-car accessory, or Bluetooth wireless headset, or a battery pack? Maybe you need a computer dock, or an in-home charger, or some other accessory? Or do you not need a new accessory? Our new poll, “What type of accessory do you most need for your iPod or iPhone?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the far left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2016 earnings call
- Apple Q3 results: $42.4B revenue, 40M iPhones, 10M iPads sold
- Researchers expose security flaw in Osram smart bulbs
- Cops bust ‘criminal enterprise’ using stolen credit cards at Chicago-area Apple stores
- Update in iOS 10 allows for autoplay of silent videos in Safari
- WSJ: Apple brings in trusted executive Mansfield to head Apple Car project
- CarPlay to be available in all 2017 Ford models
- Rumors claim new iPhone will be released Sept. 16, could have ‘iPhone 6 SE’ name
- Photos claim to show alleged ‘iPad Pro 2’
- Apple to sell limited-edition Olympic Apple Watch bands exclusively in Brazil
- Moe Bull Stand for iPad Air 2 + 9.7” iPad Pro
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Invoxia Voice Bridge
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app