iPhone OS 3.0 poll ends, next-gen iPhone poll begins
With over 3,000 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“What’s the feature you’re most excited about in iPhone OS 3.0?” has ended. Readers were given the choice between cut, copy, & paste, stereo Bluetooth, Spotlight search, MMS support, expanded widescreen keyboard support, push notifications, or other improvements, with an option for those who don’t own an iPhone or iPod touch.
After adjusting for the 10% of responding readers who said they didn’t have an iPhone or iPod touch, Cut, Copy, & Paste was the most popular new feature amongst iLounge readers, with 29% of the remaining vote. MMS support and more widescreen keyboards were tied for second with 18% of the vote a piece, followed by stereo Bluetooth with 14%, push notifications with 11%, Spotlight search with 5%, and other features with 4%. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the next-generation iPhone. We’d like to know if you be buying one when it’s released this Summer. Have you been holding out, and will buy one no matter what, or are you an iPhone veteran who looks forward to picking up the next model? Or perhaps you’d consider buying one, but only if it features significant hardware improvements, or is smaller/less expensive than prior models? Or did you just pick up an iPhone 3G, and will be ineligible for subsidy discounting, or perhaps you’re happy with your current phone and/or provider, or just don’t have any interest in owning a cell phone? Our new poll, “Do you think you’ll purchase a new iPhone when it’s released in June or July?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- August adds Motion Detection, Video Recording to Doorbell Cam
- Black hat security firm triples exploit bounty to $1.5m in wake of improved iOS 10 security features
- BMW acknowledges Bluetooth problems with iPhone 7
- Apple announces ‘Game of Thrones: Enhanced Edition’ interactive iBooks
- Apple announces App Store Search Ads
- Apple announces iOS business development partnership with Deloitte
- Apple logs iMessage contact info, could be compelled to offer info to police
- Apple reportedly calls in hackers for meeting on bug bounty program
- Apple creating new London headquarters
- Honeywell debuts Lyric T5 HomeKit-enabled smart thermostat
- IK Multimedia iRig HD 2
- 808 Audio XS Sport Rugged Wireless Speaker
- Mass Fidelity Core Bluetooth Speaker
- Thought Out Simplex Tablet iPad Stand
- SmartX Galaxy ZEGA Starter Kit
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus Leather Case
- Apple Watch Series 2
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Twelve South HiRise 2 for iPhone + iPad
- Nomad Pod Pro for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps