iPhone OS upgrade poll ends, AT&T poll begins
With over 3,600 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Will you upgrade your current iPhone OS device to OS 4 if there’s a charge?”—has ended. Users of second- and third-generation iPod touches, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS units, and iPads were given options to say they will or won’t upgrade, with a separate option for those who either don’t own an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, or whose device isn’t compatible with OS 4.
While a majority of users in each device category said they would upgrade, the numbers varied by device, perhaps due to the limited number of new features available to iPhone 3G and second-generation iPod touch users, as well as the age of the devices. Among second-generation iPod touch users, 71% said they would upgrade if there’s a charge, while 29% said they would not. iPhone 3G users were similarly split, with 68% who said they would upgrade and 32% who said they would not. Third-generation iPod touch users were slightly more likely to upgrade if there’s a charge; 73% said they would upgrade and 27% said they would not. 77% of iPhone 3GS users—the largest user base in the survey—said they would upgrade, while 23% said they would decline. Finally, 87% of iPad users said they would upgrade if there were a charge to do so—something Apple has specifically indicated won’t be the case—while only 13% said they would not. Overall, 7% of readers said either their device wasn’t OS 4 compatible or they didn’t own an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on AT&T’s new data plans and rates for the iPhone and iPad. We’d like to know how and whether the plans will affect you. Whether you own an iPhone, iPad, or are simply considering a purchase of one of Apple’s AT&T-tied devices, we want to hear your opinion. Our new poll, “How will AT&T’s new iPhone + iPad data plans affect you?” lets you voice that opinion. As always, you can find the iLounge poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Apple Store app update allows purchases from Apple Watch
- Apple releases fifth beta of iOS 10.2 to developers
- Apple reveals cause of unexpected iPhone 6s shutdowns
- Report: 99 percent of fake Apple chargers found to be unsafe
- Apple offering battery replacements for iPhone 6s models with ‘unexpected shutdown issues’ (Updated)
- Report: Fitbit to acquire Pebble
- Apple releases statement on iCloud Calendar spam
- Apple sending out drones to improve Maps data, adding interior building maps
- Tim Cook allegedly tells customer AirPods to ship in ‘next few weeks’
- Apple Pay reportedly launching in Spain tomorrow
- iHome iZBT10 Zenergy Bedside Sleep Therapy Speaker
- Twelve South HiRise Duet for Apple Watch and iPhone
- IK Multimedia iLoud Micro Monitor
- JBL Under Armour Sport Wireless Heart Rate Headphones
- Edifier e235 Luna E Speaker System
- Clamcase ClamCase+ for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Scosche BoomBottle H2O+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Thermos Connected Hydration Bottle with Smart Lid
- Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphones
- Creative iRoar Go Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10