iPhone OS upgrade poll ends, AT&T poll begins
With over 3,600 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Will you upgrade your current iPhone OS device to OS 4 if there’s a charge?”—has ended. Users of second- and third-generation iPod touches, iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS units, and iPads were given options to say they will or won’t upgrade, with a separate option for those who either don’t own an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, or whose device isn’t compatible with OS 4.
While a majority of users in each device category said they would upgrade, the numbers varied by device, perhaps due to the limited number of new features available to iPhone 3G and second-generation iPod touch users, as well as the age of the devices. Among second-generation iPod touch users, 71% said they would upgrade if there’s a charge, while 29% said they would not. iPhone 3G users were similarly split, with 68% who said they would upgrade and 32% who said they would not. Third-generation iPod touch users were slightly more likely to upgrade if there’s a charge; 73% said they would upgrade and 27% said they would not. 77% of iPhone 3GS users—the largest user base in the survey—said they would upgrade, while 23% said they would decline. Finally, 87% of iPad users said they would upgrade if there were a charge to do so—something Apple has specifically indicated won’t be the case—while only 13% said they would not. Overall, 7% of readers said either their device wasn’t OS 4 compatible or they didn’t own an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on AT&T’s new data plans and rates for the iPhone and iPad. We’d like to know how and whether the plans will affect you. Whether you own an iPhone, iPad, or are simply considering a purchase of one of Apple’s AT&T-tied devices, we want to hear your opinion. Our new poll, “How will AT&T’s new iPhone + iPad data plans affect you?” lets you voice that opinion. As always, you can find the iLounge poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy Holidays from iLounge
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- Report confirms legitimacy of at least some of the stolen iCloud credentials being held for ransom
- New (PRODUCT)RED iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone SE, and 9.7” iPad now available to order
- Apple Store down again ahead of new iPad, Product(RED) iPhone launch
- Apple acquires automation app Workflow
- Nintendo updates Super Mario Run, makes more courses available for free play
- Apple confirms iCloud and Apple ID systems have not been breached in response to hacker threat
- Hackers claim to have access to millions of iCloud accounts, demand ransom from Apple
- Apple’s Siri in the running to voice control room functions at Marriott’s Aloft hotels
- Apple releases iTunes 12.6 with new cross-device movie rental feature
- Apple introduces Clips video app
- ExoLens PRO with Optics by ZEISS Wide-Angle Lens Kit
- Blue Sadie Headphones
- Circle with Disney Parental Control and Internet Filtering System
- Pioneer Rayz Plus Lightning Connector Earphones
- BEEM United BeMe D200 Lightning Connector Earphones
- Jam Audio JAM Xterior Max Rugged Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- HiFiMAN Edition S Headphones
- Divoom Timebox Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- iClever BoostSound BTS-09 Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundcast VG1 Bluetooth Speaker
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10