iPhone Software 2.2.1 causing iTunes crashes | iLounge News

iPhone Software 2.2.1 causing iTunes crashes

By Charles Starrett

Contributing Editor
Published: Monday, February 2, 2009
News Categories: iPhone

A large number of iPhone users are reporting on Apple’s discussion boards that iTunes crashes upon trying to sync after installation of Software 2.2.1. Interestingly, the crashes do not appear isolated to the iPhone, as some users have reported that iTunes will crash when trying to sync an iPod as well; others have said that the failed syncs have left them with corrupted audio files on the iPhone. Some users have suggested the problem lies with Apple’s DRM, as they have been able to successfully sync all non-DRM’d content. In addition, at least two iPhone users reported being able to sync after downloading application updates through iTunes, however, it is unknown whether this workaround will work for all affected users.

« Sandlot Games releases Cake Mania 3 for Click Wheel iPods

iLounge announces Vestalife 5&5 Speaker Giveaway »

Comments

Well my first apple product and nothing but frustration. First off I went to the apple store and was the worst service I have had in a long time, I eventually left and bought the product 3rd party. And now itunes is crashing when it trys to sync apps and none of the suggested solutions have worked as of yet. Not a good start for apple vs microsoft to say the least

Posted by Frustrated on May 5, 2009 at 12:14 PM (PDT)

HERE’S THE SOLUTION:

(1) Launch iTunes (with your iPhone unplugged so you won’t crash).
(2) Deauthorize Computer.
(3) Authorize Computer.
(4) Plug in your iPhone and sync. It’s fixed.

Gotta love the Internet when it helps you find answers.

this one works thank you so much…

Posted by DC on September 6, 2009 at 11:45 AM (PDT)

tip #32 worked great for me smile Thanks a tonn !!!!!!!!

itunes needs to fix this damn bug !

Posted by nroy on September 18, 2009 at 1:12 PM (PDT)

I tried to deauthorize and authorize the computer and my IPod still causes Itunes to crash. I updated quick tunes just prior and that is when the problem started.

Posted by Ken on February 6, 2010 at 7:58 PM (PDT)

Thanks Bebert your solution worked for me also. Hallelujah!

Posted by Ken on February 6, 2010 at 8:06 PM (PDT)

since updating iphone 3GS to 2.2.1, everytime I plug the iphone in to the sync adaptor, iTunes crashes (spinning ball) using Windows 7. I have no way to sync! This really sucks.
Also since updating iphone OS, Some playlist wont sync over to iphone even though they show up as being synced in iTunes.
iTunes sucks. Its really way too confusing. Let’s come up with a simple drag and drop format Apple. Please lets get this fixed!

Posted by SG on May 20, 2010 at 5:54 PM (PDT)

no solution works for me yet, my ipod classic when plugged in goes to verify and then crashes!

Posted by Ken Morgan on June 20, 2010 at 1:41 PM (PDT)

Page 3 of 3 pages  <  1 2 3