iPhone stability poll ends, App coverage poll begins
With over 3,000 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll, “Which crashes more often, your computer or your iPhone/iPod touch?” has ended. Readers could say their pocket device was more or less stable than their Windows PC or Mac, with options given for each platform, as well as an option for those who don’t own an iPhone or iPod touch.
Of the respondents, 53% (64% of the total) said they owned Windows PCs, and 30% of the respondents (36% of the total) said they owned Macs. Roughly half of the Windows PC users said that their iPhones or iPod touches crashed more often than their PCs, while roughly three-quarters of the Mac users said that their iPhones or iPod touches crashed more often than their Macs. While far from scientific, the results suggest that iPhone/iPod touch software is more crash-prone than Mac software—comparable to the instabilities PC users deal with. Finally, 17% of respondents said they didn’t own an iPhone or iPod touch. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll deals with the growing number of farting and bikini apps on the App Store. We want to know whether you think we should cover them or not. Should we cover everything, even if it’s in questionable taste? Steer clear of all but the most notable ones? Ignore them all? Or do you simply not care, or don’t have an iPhone or iPod touch? Our new poll, “Are you interested in seeing iLounge cover fart and bikini iPhone apps, or should we ignore them?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly comes out Monday, subscribe now
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Revamped Apple music service not coming until WWDC; new Apple TV later this year?
- Larger iPad production delayed until later this year, USB 3.0 ports to be added?
- Apple, others likely to reach $415M settlement in poaching lawsuit [Update: settlement approved]
- Apple and HBO in talks for ‘HBO Now’ service launch
- Report: Next-gen ‘iPhone 6s’ to feature 2GB RAM, Apple SIM
- Apple looking to settle with electric car battery company
- Apple pushing out fix next week for ‘FREAK’ security flaw
- Report: Apple Watch retail strategy aims to push iPhone sales
- Apple back on top in phone sales for first time since 2011
- Phishing scam targets iCloud credentials of iOS device theft victims
- Gumdrop Cases Drop Tech Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Uniq Aircraft+ for iPhone 6
- Speck MightyShell + Faceplate for iPhone 6 Plus
- Mobile Home Siri remote
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Lens, Telephoto + CPL Lens for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- ExoLens Professional Photography System for iPhone 6
- Incipio offGRID Shine for iPhone 6
- Seidio Obex for iPhone 6
- RooCase GlacialTough for iPhone 6 Plus, VersaTough for iPhone 6 + 6 Plus
- CM4 Q Card Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?
- How do I consolidate iTunes purchases into a single account?
- How can I more easily Handoff a web page from my Mac to my iPhone?