iPhone stability poll ends, App coverage poll begins
With over 3,000 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll, “Which crashes more often, your computer or your iPhone/iPod touch?” has ended. Readers could say their pocket device was more or less stable than their Windows PC or Mac, with options given for each platform, as well as an option for those who don’t own an iPhone or iPod touch.
Of the respondents, 53% (64% of the total) said they owned Windows PCs, and 30% of the respondents (36% of the total) said they owned Macs. Roughly half of the Windows PC users said that their iPhones or iPod touches crashed more often than their PCs, while roughly three-quarters of the Mac users said that their iPhones or iPod touches crashed more often than their Macs. While far from scientific, the results suggest that iPhone/iPod touch software is more crash-prone than Mac software—comparable to the instabilities PC users deal with. Finally, 17% of respondents said they didn’t own an iPhone or iPod touch. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll deals with the growing number of farting and bikini apps on the App Store. We want to know whether you think we should cover them or not. Should we cover everything, even if it’s in questionable taste? Steer clear of all but the most notable ones? Ignore them all? Or do you simply not care, or don’t have an iPhone or iPod touch? Our new poll, “Are you interested in seeing iLounge cover fart and bikini iPhone apps, or should we ignore them?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge poll in the left hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple updates support article confirming Apple Watch tattoo issue
- Apple reportedly hires four more producers from BBC Radio 1
- Limited Apple Watch supplies due to faulty taptic engine?
- Twitter CEO hints at larger Spotlight integration
- Problem with iPad app grounds American Airlines flights
- Apple rejects Apple Watch apps that just tell time, requires independent approval for certain health apps
- Users with arm tattoos report problems with Apple Watch sensors
- China outpaces U.S. in iPhone sales for first time
- Notes from Apple’s Q2 2015 earnings call
- Apple Q2 2015: Record $58B revenue, 61.1M iPhones, 12.6M iPads
- Skech SkechBook for iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Yurbuds Liberty Wireless Earphones
- Apple Watch
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?