iPhone update adds features, fixes battery error | iLounge News

iPhone update adds features, fixes battery error

According to discussions on Apple’s support site and several reader reports, it appears iPhone Software 1.0.1 includes a few new features, along with the known bug fixes and security patches. There is now a BCC: option in the phone’s Mail Settings to send yourself a copy — this was previously only a CC: option. Passcode Lock timing options have been expanded up to “After 1 Hour,” and it has also been reported that the 1.0.1 update fixes a previously reported battery issue in which the iPhone’s display would not indicate a full charge.

« Timex Ironman iControl works with iPod

Mix: Zeppelin, O2, Battery, Translator »

Comments

if i’m not mistaken, there’s another enhancement in the mail settings: the mail preview can now show up to 5 lines. (wasn’t the limit 3 lines before?)

Posted by soundsgoodtome on August 1, 2007 at 5:49 PM (PDT)

Sounds Good,

Funny.  I thought I found 3 or 4 new features only to find they were there all along.

iPhone mail has always supported up to 5 lines.  I’ve been using 4 lines since the 3rd day I had my phone.

grin

Jim

Posted by Jim Pollock on August 1, 2007 at 5:57 PM (PDT)

Sorry but the Always BCC myself has always been there.  There is still NO BCC: option when sending a new message.

Posted by jan Garcia on August 1, 2007 at 6:42 PM (PDT)

Another minor fix - if you watch a YouTube video which you’ve already bookmarked, at the end of the video it’ll only give you the option to share the video, not bookmark or share it. Before the update, it used to show both options but “Bookmark” was grayed out. Unfortunately, against the background of the screen the grey wasn’t always easily visible, which led to people often trying to bookmark a video they’d already bookmarked previously.

Posted by PK on August 1, 2007 at 8:20 PM (PDT)

Always BCC was not always there. Always CC was.

Posted by SmartAlx on August 2, 2007 at 8:07 AM (PDT)

Another fix: Neither of my dock-connector-based car adapters for my iPod worked with the iPhone running the 1.00 firmware.

After flashing to the 1.01 firmware, I noticed that the Kensington FM transmitter now works.  I don’t have my Belkin unit with me, so I can’t test that right now, but hope that it may now work, as well.

Posted by James Van Booven on August 2, 2007 at 10:40 AM (PDT)

The nunber of contacts in favorites has been increased from the original (silly) 20. I don’t know what the new limit is, but I’m up to 25, so far.

Posted by soundsgoodtome on August 2, 2007 at 4:56 PM (PDT)

@James:

After reading your comment I ran to see if my iPhone now worked with my PocketDock. Unfortunately, it still doesn’t. I guess SendStation will have to modify their hardware to make the PocketDock work with the iPhone, not Apple modify their software.

Posted by PK on August 2, 2007 at 5:34 PM (PDT)

always bcc was there.
restore your phone back to v1 if you want to see for yourself.

also it didn’t fix the battery bug.

Posted by AA on August 2, 2007 at 11:18 PM (PDT)

Does anyone know if the mail setting; Remove deleted messages after… has been fixed and now actually works?

And did they pump up the voLUME on the ear piece?

Posted by Dawg on August 3, 2007 at 11:24 AM (PDT)

I noticed today that Mail now supports nested IMAP folders. Yay! My work has the main Inbox folder and all other folders must be created under that—no additional root folders could be created. The poor iPhone could only show the Inbox, but now, all my folders have appeared.

Posted by Greg on August 3, 2007 at 4:54 PM (PDT)