iPhone upgrade poll ends, Game Controller poll begins
With over 2,400 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll – “Do you plan to purchase one of the new iPhone models this year?” – has now ended. With the release of not one, but two new iPhone models this month, we asked our readers to let us know whether they were planning on upgrading their current mobile phone to either of the new models, and which one they would be upgrading from.
The overall majority of responses—fifty-eight percent—indicated that they were planning to purchase an iPhone 5s specifically, with thirty-three percent of respondents indicating that they would be upgrading from a pre-iPhone 5 model, and twenty-one percent upgrading from the iPhone 5. Four percent of respondents indicated that they would be purchasing an iPhone 5s as their very first iPhone. Only five percent of readers showed an interest in the iPhone 5c, with four percent buying one to replace an older iPhone model and 1% picking it up as their first iPhone. Surprisingly, 14 people indicated that they were planning to purchase an iPhone 5c to replace their iPhone 5.
The majority of the remaining responses came from twenty-one percent of readers who were happy with their current iPhone and not planning to upgrade at all, nine percent who indicated that they wanted to upgrade, but are stuck on an existing contract, while four percent have no interest in owning an iPhone at all and the remaining three percent noted they’d be replacing their iPhone with something else.
With iOS 7 adding official support for iPhone and iPod game controllers, this week we’re wondering what you, our readers, would consider to be a fair price for such an accessory. Assuming such a controller only worked with the iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, and fifth-generation iPod touch, are you interested in purchasing one at all, and if so, what’s the maximum price you would be willing to pay? Our latest poll “What’s the maximum price you’d pay for an iPhone 5/5s/iPod touch 5G-only game controller?” lets you have your say. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- Apple TV poll ends, iWatch poll begins
- Happy Presidents’ Day!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway update
- Screen protector poll ends, Apple TV poll begins
- Tuesday at CES: Over 30 new reports
- Monday at CES: 25 new previews
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Suit alleges Apple stores discriminate against visually impaired
- Popular app developer ComiXology reports security breach
- Report: Apple moved $8.9B in profits to tax haven
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Report: Apple bringing full-screen video ads to iOS
- Report: Apple working to expand Siri functionality for iWatch
- Sanction-seeking Apple publicly disclosed Nokia terms
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset
- Anker TC930 Bluetooth Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iBattz Mojo Battstation Optimus
- Fonesalesman iQi Mobile Wireless Charging Receiver
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone