iPhone upgrade poll ends, Game Controller poll begins
With over 2,400 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll – “Do you plan to purchase one of the new iPhone models this year?” – has now ended. With the release of not one, but two new iPhone models this month, we asked our readers to let us know whether they were planning on upgrading their current mobile phone to either of the new models, and which one they would be upgrading from.
The overall majority of responses—fifty-eight percent—indicated that they were planning to purchase an iPhone 5s specifically, with thirty-three percent of respondents indicating that they would be upgrading from a pre-iPhone 5 model, and twenty-one percent upgrading from the iPhone 5. Four percent of respondents indicated that they would be purchasing an iPhone 5s as their very first iPhone. Only five percent of readers showed an interest in the iPhone 5c, with four percent buying one to replace an older iPhone model and 1% picking it up as their first iPhone. Surprisingly, 14 people indicated that they were planning to purchase an iPhone 5c to replace their iPhone 5.
The majority of the remaining responses came from twenty-one percent of readers who were happy with their current iPhone and not planning to upgrade at all, nine percent who indicated that they wanted to upgrade, but are stuck on an existing contract, while four percent have no interest in owning an iPhone at all and the remaining three percent noted they’d be replacing their iPhone with something else.
With iOS 7 adding official support for iPhone and iPod game controllers, this week we’re wondering what you, our readers, would consider to be a fair price for such an accessory. Assuming such a controller only worked with the iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, and fifth-generation iPod touch, are you interested in purchasing one at all, and if so, what’s the maximum price you would be willing to pay? Our latest poll “What’s the maximum price you’d pay for an iPhone 5/5s/iPod touch 5G-only game controller?” lets you have your say. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for giveaways
- Happy Thanksgiving 2013 from iLounge!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, giveaway update
- iPad Air poll ends, New iPad models poll begins
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, giveaway reminder
- iLounge’s Retina iPad mini review details color issue, battery boost
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apps: Assassin’s Creed Pirates, Doctor Who: Legacy, Double Dragon Trilogy + Foursquare 7.0
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Bluetooth 4.1 announced as free update for 4.0 devices
- Apple and China Mobile make iPhone deal?
- Startup uses iBeacon to allow Newsstand publication access
- Honda announces iPhone-powered car touchscreen
- Report: Apple may launch two 12.9-inch iPads
- Apps: Jetpack Joyride 1.6, The Lonely Beast 123, LoryStripes + Shazam 7.2
- Mophie debuts Powerstation XL battery pack
- China Mobile subsidiary briefly takes iPhone preorders
- Belkin WeMo Insight Switch
- STM Studio for iPad Air
- Urban Armor Gear Composite Case for iPad Air
- Belkin LEGO Builder Case for iPad mini
- Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- Incipio Atlas ID for iPhone 5s
- JBL Spark Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speaker
- IK Multimedia iRig KEYS PRO
- Nest Labs Nest Protect Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Mobee Technology Magic Juice
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store
- Receiving FaceTime calls on multiple devices
- iOS 7: Incorrect display of Company-only contacts