iPockets add storage to back of iPod | iLounge News

iPockets add storage to back of iPod

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Thursday, July 14, 2005
News Categories: iPod Accessories

imageiPockets are stick-on plastic sleeves for the iPod designed to let you store items such as credit cards, money, drivers license or house key. They’re available in clear, pink, blue, green, orange, and red for the iPod ($3.99) and iPod mini ($2.99).

“iPockets are an inexpensive but valuable asset for your iPod,” explains the company behind the product. “They are a super thin and ultra light weight storage system that attaches easily to your iPod. Use them to store items you need to take with you while you’re on the go.”

« Newer Technology offers iPod photo replacement battery

Apple ships 6.1 million iPods, tops analyst expectations [updated] »

Comments

So when your ipod gets stolen, so does your identity…

But still a cool idea.  good for grocery lists or driving directions or something.

Posted by Ellie on July 14, 2005 at 7:13 AM (PDT)

Am I the only one but this is the dumbest idea for a product I have ever heard of.  I can’t believe it has already hit the market.

Posted by Tchocky in The O.C. on July 14, 2005 at 7:24 AM (PDT)

I thought you were supposed to hide your valuables in something nondescript, not on a multiple-hundred-dollar thief magnet like an iPod.

Posted by PushButtonAction in Atlanta, GA on July 14, 2005 at 7:28 AM (PDT)

This is especially ridiculous consider there are alot of PDA style cases that offer a small pocker just like this one in the flap.  Therefore they add the same funcionality, as well as style and protection.

Posted by LilAlienD in Maryland on July 14, 2005 at 7:29 AM (PDT)

This is the most useful item ive ever needed for my ipod. When i go jogging in the morning i hide my key under a rock outside always scared somebodys watching, now my key never leaves my side. works for me

Posted by Steve Thomas on July 14, 2005 at 8:14 AM (PDT)

Brilliant….....i would rather have my valuables strapped to my arm, gym card (credit card for starbucks around the corner) while I work out then to have them sitting in some gym locker that im not watching.

Posted by stacy klien on July 14, 2005 at 8:23 AM (PDT)

You can get these kind of stick-on pockets from every office-supply, *probably* more than one for 3,99.

Posted by Bad Beaver on July 14, 2005 at 8:26 AM (PDT)

ha ha!

Posted by psxp on July 14, 2005 at 10:35 AM (PDT)

Steve Thomas:

consider a pair of running shorts (you can get them supercheap @ Ross or Marshalls when they have them).

1.  They wick sweat like you wouldn’t believe.  As a fellow jogger/runner I can tell you… night and day difference

2.  They typically have a key pocket inside

Oh yeah… they also usually have a built-in-wicking underwear…. so make sure you don’t do like THIS dumbass and wear underwear the first time out… LOL… I’ll spare descriptions but let’s just say that wearing underwear under running shorts does not improve temperature comfort tongue laugh

Posted by whitemiata on July 14, 2005 at 11:32 AM (PDT)

My mom is finaly off my back, she emailed me she bought me one of these for my I.d. I work out on the beach and she is always screaming if somthing happens they wont know who I am, whatever, shes happy now

Steve try working out in your bathing suit, its better then any shorts….lol

Marcy

Posted by Marcy Gray on July 14, 2005 at 1:11 PM (PDT)

so it’s basically a baggy with some adhesive that has the word “iPocket” on it…and being sold for 3 or 4 dollars?

Ahem.

Posted by blah on July 14, 2005 at 1:55 PM (PDT)

I wish I thought of it. It does seem basic and cheap to make, but still a great idea. Didnt find one at office store and for a couple of bucks wish I didnt waste my time.

Posted by paul prince on July 14, 2005 at 2:09 PM (PDT)

I hate taking my keys to the gym and sometimes i would forget to take my damm card with me, Now i just leave my gym card in my ipocket and it allways there
Best $3 buck investment. Love it

TOT

Posted by Tim O,tool on July 14, 2005 at 5:15 PM (PDT)

Is it the iDouche Bag?

Posted by Apocalyptk on July 14, 2005 at 11:03 PM (PDT)