iPod 10GB clearance $249/$219 with Educational Discount | iLounge News

iPod 10GB clearance $249/$219 with Educational Discount

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Thursday, January 8, 2004
News Categories: Deals

I went to my local Apple store to get some info on the 15GB iPod.  While there (the 15GB’s were not) I asked if they still had any 10GB’s left.  They did, and are clearing them out at $249.  I asked if they had a Educational Discount on top of the clearance and they did. I bought my 10GB iPod for $219 + tax out the door. I just wanted to pass this on.  Now that I have an iPod, I’ll be back to visit a lot more.

« SmartProtec Annnounces New Security Feature for iPod

‘Raise Your iPod’ photos posted »

Comments

how does it feel to relatively the same price for a 10 gig ipod as a 4 gig miniPod?

pretty nice i bet.

Posted by dave on January 8, 2004 at 6:57 PM (PDT)

wow, great deal. too bad i got my 10 gig back in june for 287. im starting to run out of space too :(

Posted by bb_dg on January 8, 2004 at 8:30 PM (PDT)

So buy your 10GB iPods for $219… or your 4GB iPods for $249.

Tough call.

Posted by Jeremy on January 8, 2004 at 8:41 PM (PDT)

Yeah, and buy your 15 gig iPods for $299….or a 30 gig Zen xtra for $260.

Posted by dave2 on January 9, 2004 at 6:48 AM (PDT)

Or a Dell DJ for what $129? - after various inventory clearing discounts and stackable coupons.

Or you can probably find some generic 64MB flash mp3 player for about $20 somewhere.

So what.

Posted by Atomic Bomb in Mid-Atlantic on January 9, 2004 at 6:57 AM (PDT)

what is meant by “educational discount?”

Posted by rob on January 9, 2004 at 11:07 AM (PDT)

rob - Go to http://www.apple.com/education/ to learn more about Apple’s education discounts. If you are a teacher, student, or faculty member, you can purchase directly from Apple for a discount. For example, you can save at least $200 off any PowerBook. There are some great deals. And Apple trusts you. You don’t have to jump through a series of hoops to prove who you are.

Posted by Atomic Bomb in Mid-Atlantic on January 9, 2004 at 11:11 AM (PDT)

Keith was Absoultely right!! i just followed his advice and bought my first ipod for $219 from the Apple store in Tigard, Oregon. A big thankyou to Keith. Cheers mate.

Posted by Stuart on January 9, 2004 at 10:48 PM (PDT)

thanks for the tips. i live about a half hour away from tigard and will drive out there if i can get an ipod for 219. but how can i be sure i’ll get the educational discount? im a highschool student… does that qualify? thanks again, i appreciate the help.

Posted by rob on January 10, 2004 at 9:59 PM (PDT)