iPod 15GB for $230 | iLounge News

iPod 15GB for $230

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Saturday, May 1, 2004
News Categories: Deals

CompUSA is offering the iPod 15GB for $229.88, for pick-up at a retail store only.

« You can still redeem your Pepsi/iTunes code

Small music stores hard hit by music downloads »

Comments

CRAP!!!!!

I just bought the 15 gig at Comp USA on April 5th for $299!  I wonder if I can get a refund?

Posted by Bill on May 1, 2004 at 2:36 PM (PDT)

Try to see if CompUSA has a price match thing where if the item goes onsale up to 15 or 30 days after you bought it, they will give you back 115% of the price difference.  That is a nice price though, they are probably compensating because of the iPod Mini shortage.  I would rather have the 15 GB for the same price!

Posted by iPod101 on May 1, 2004 at 2:39 PM (PDT)

I used to work at CompUSA, and we would always give customers back the difference in that situation.  The paperwork said 30 days, but I don’t remember ever turning anyone down for it being past that.

And that price is way low..  I wonder how much money the retailers make on each one if they can raise them this low and still be turning profit?

Posted by dethbrakr in Tacoma, WA on May 1, 2004 at 2:48 PM (PDT)

Try and price match CompUSA’s price at Circuit city.  Circuit city price matches CompUSA’s price… then BEATS IT BY 10%.

You’ll get the 15gb ipod for $207.

GREAT DEAL!

Posted by xlyrikalx on May 1, 2004 at 2:48 PM (PDT)

Well I guess I am out of luck.  I just called Comp USA and I can not get a refund because it has been more than 15 days.  Thats a $70 refund down the crapper!  Oh well.

Posted by Bill on May 1, 2004 at 3:17 PM (PDT)

this could be a sign of the 4g’s coming out soon

Posted by Crunked on May 1, 2004 at 3:59 PM (PDT)

Seriously, call the manager.  Complain to them about bad business practices—that you will forever be afraid to buy something at CompUSA because you fear it will go on sale just two weeks later; how other stores offer a 30-day policy.  I’m sure you can get that money.

Posted by dethbrakr in Tacoma, WA on May 1, 2004 at 4:00 PM (PDT)

CompUSA is selling M8946LL/A which is an old model. The new 15GB iPod is M9460LL/A.

Posted by Karim on May 1, 2004 at 4:06 PM (PDT)

$70 dollars cheaper than normal price?  Whats the catch?  Seriously insane, 11 more gigs than iPod mini, for 20 dollars less!

Posted by Bobby on May 1, 2004 at 4:20 PM (PDT)

This is the model with the dock and the carrying case!

Posted by superjunk66 on May 1, 2004 at 4:55 PM (PDT)

wait, as the old model, are there any disadvantages? If not, I’m off to buy an ipod. :p

Posted by ALbi on May 1, 2004 at 5:12 PM (PDT)

Yes but what stores have them? I tried several zip codes (mine, friends, family) and they are all out of stock.

Posted by ellen on May 1, 2004 at 5:15 PM (PDT)

The old model is better because it has the dock, case, and remote.

Posted by wickerbill on May 1, 2004 at 6:48 PM (PDT)

I was extremely angry, until I realized there isn’t a CompUSA within 150 miles of where I live.  So I guess the 270 I paid at the university bookstore a couple weeks ago isn’t all that bad.

Except of course that they are carrying the new model, with no dock/remote/case.

So I still got cornholed.

Regardless, still love my iPod!

Posted by Carl on May 1, 2004 at 6:55 PM (PDT)

Every Zip Code I type in is out of stock…

Posted by Listener on May 1, 2004 at 6:59 PM (PDT)

If you read the fine print at the bottom of the page, it looks like it is refurbished.

Posted by Matt on May 1, 2004 at 7:19 PM (PDT)

that does not look true to me.  I see what you’re talking about, but I don’t see the footnote to indicate a refurbished product.

Posted by Beth on May 1, 2004 at 7:30 PM (PDT)

15g’s are out of stock in all the Massachusetts stores I checked. Apples offer to swap a 15g for a mini for those who have been waiting have made these a bit scarce. Don’t get your hopes up.

Posted by Aceon6 in New England, USA on May 2, 2004 at 3:47 AM (PDT)

so its $230 in the US yet 225 ($398) in the UK (and thats with an educational discount). I am off to cry now…

Posted by ajm on May 2, 2004 at 9:42 AM (PDT)

It looks like all of the stores are out. They’re just getting rid of the older model. If you find one near you, you’re lucky. There’s none within 100 miles of seattle =

Posted by rob on May 2, 2004 at 11:05 AM (PDT)

Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >