iPod 15GB for $230 | iLounge News

iPod 15GB for $230

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Saturday, May 1, 2004
News Categories: Deals

CompUSA is offering the iPod 15GB for $229.88, for pick-up at a retail store only.

« You can still redeem your Pepsi/iTunes code

Small music stores hard hit by music downloads »

Comments

Just got back from CC with a printout from the webpage. The manager called and said that model was discontinued and was a different model than what was in there store so he could not price match it.

Oh well it was worth a try!!!

Posted by Scott Windmiller on May 4, 2004 at 1:02 PM (PDT)

I got the 15 gb ipod at Compusa and it’s the new version and was sold for $229

The 15gb does not come with a dock, that’s the 20 GB.

I first checked online and they said out of stock, but I called and I took the last one.

“These are actually the old 15 GB iPods and not the current genreation model. “

Not true.  The new model is M9460LL, which is what I picked up.

Posted by Naednek on May 7, 2004 at 6:40 PM (PDT)

I checked all local Chicago locations and got “out of stock” notifications on all.  Was in the local store in Naperville later that day for different reason and noticed a ton of stock.  Manager agreed to match their own price (go figure!), but at checkout a smart-eyed youngster ID’d the different SKU numbers—the store manager matched price anyway and I walked out with a new 3G iPod and extra $$$ in my pocket.

Posted by mdevane on May 8, 2004 at 2:58 AM (PDT)

Hey all,

I got my PRICE MATCH at Best Buy. The first store I went to I had to argue for 30 min with all of them (they never picked up on the SKU, they were just cheap as hell, saying that they couldn’t match because it was no longer in store in Chicago, while it was in store in New York when I checked) (I am in Chicago)

Then the manager suggest she could go half way but to make her feel bad I told her that instead of $70 she is now loosing a customer. Unaffected she turned to the next customer so I walked…

I drove to another nearby Best Buy where the service rep didn’t even take 5 min to refund the $70, no questions asked!! haha :D

I suggest all to just give it a try, you might get lucky. Cheers,
Thom

Posted by Thom on May 9, 2004 at 6:49 AM (PDT)

This is kind of off the subject, but I bought a 10GB ipod about a year ago (the old model) and i was all excited and everything. After about 3 days of messing around with the computer, I finally got it to work, i was thrilled. Then, about 8 months later, I couldn’t get my ipod to work on the computer. When i would plug it into the computer, the ipod would say it was connected and the computer wouldn’t. After finally accepting the fact that i was going to have to live without new songs for a little while, my ipod started freezing up. Sometimes, when i would have just charged it, it would not turn on saying that the battery was way too low. I wanted to see if I could return my ipod or at least get the battery replaced, but I couldn’t find the receipt. Even though I can’t find the receipt, I think I should be able to get something out of this because I have only had my ipod for just over a year and it’s already broke!!!!! I am not sure whether to buy a brand new one (which would burn a hole in my pocket) or to keep looking for the receipt, even though the 1 year warranty just recently expired. I am just worried that if I do find the receipt and they do accept it, will they replace the ipod or just the battery because i think it’s something inside the ipod and not the battery. I am so lost and confused, please help!!!!!

Posted by tOtaLlY_LoSt on June 8, 2004 at 9:56 AM (PDT)

hey, does anny one no where i can get an ipod free????? e-mail me at

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

thanx

Posted by Ben on June 23, 2004 at 9:17 AM (PDT)

Dumbest question evar

Posted by Ken on June 23, 2004 at 1:03 PM (PDT)

please, won’t someone help me???????????????

Posted by tOtaLlY_LoSt on July 8, 2004 at 9:00 AM (PDT)

tOtaLlY_LoSt, get your head together and go back to the store you bought it from, and ask about repairing it.  They probably wouldn’t do the repairs but at least they could point you in the right direction…

Posted by obe1k on July 19, 2004 at 11:11 AM (PDT)

Page 3 of 3 pages  <  1 2 3