iPod 15GB for $314 shipped | iLounge News

iPod 15GB for $314 shipped

Dealmac: Today only, Dell Home once again offers the iPod 15GB for $359.10 in its Software and Peripherals store. Apply coupon code “1956684A00F0” and the price falls to $314.10. That’s
still the lowest price we’ve seen for the 15GB iPod. (In fact, it’s only $15 more than what most merchants charge for the 10GB iPod.) Shipping is free.

« Plug an iSight into iPod and record video?

ABC News: Music Labels Threaten to Sue Net Users »

Comments

Just ordered one.  Coupon worked like a charm, let’s see how long to takes to deliver.

Posted by Dave Marcus on June 26, 2003 at 8:04 AM (PDT)

Tremendous deal - I upgraded/downgraded from a 20GB “old” ipod to the 15gb with this deal. Look like delivery will take a couple weeks…

Posted by Jonathan on June 26, 2003 at 8:47 AM (PDT)

Received my confirmation, says the ship date is on or “about” July 8.

Posted by Dave Marcus on June 26, 2003 at 9:47 AM (PDT)

Yeah, that’s the tricky part, Dell always has great deals.

But I see an awful lot of people who ordered a month ago and still have not gotten theirs.  I may have paid more but I have had mine for three weeks.

I have never been a good at waiting.

Posted by Andrew McDonald on June 26, 2003 at 11:22 AM (PDT)

Ordered directly from the Apple website, only to find this hot tip about 45 minutes later.  Once painless call to Apple to cancel the order and 5 minutes to order from Dell saved me $85.  Yes, I will likely have to wait a little longer to get it, but to me it’s money well spent.  Thanks for the fantastik heads-up.

Posted by Jason Triest on June 26, 2003 at 11:36 AM (PDT)

I am receiving my 30 gig from Dell today - so UPS says. Paid for 2 day delivery and am into the third day - 4:55 PM. Ugh.

Ordered it back in May during the special. Wait is frustrating but the shipping is even more so.

I was not notified it had shipped. I just happened to call them to ask how long.

Glad to learn this about Dell because I will think twice before I order from them again - will need to plan a l-o-n-g trip or something before delivery.

Posted by doug on June 26, 2003 at 11:54 AM (PDT)

I just bought a 15giger a day or so ago from Bestbuys.. I am totally going to return it now.. smile

Posted by Jerry on June 26, 2003 at 12:24 PM (PDT)

At this price -  worth the wait, IMHO. Frustating sure, but nearly 100 bucks off! Apparently Dell gives certain discounts if you wait too long. Still, really frustating I am sure.

Posted by Jonathan on June 26, 2003 at 12:37 PM (PDT)

Awesome deal and worked just like it said.  I am a poor college student living at home with the parents for the summer and at first I figured that they arent going to be too happy that I just spent $314 but then I looked on ebay and saw that new 15 gig ipods are selling for $350 so if it doesnt work out with my parents then I can just sell it and even make some money, that makes it worth it to me!

Posted by highfly on June 26, 2003 at 2:37 PM (PDT)

Wonderful deal, I’m forever grateful for the heads up!

Posted by Lissa on June 26, 2003 at 6:39 PM (PDT)

I’ve been checking IpodLounge everyday to keep my eye open for another Dell deal like this, and go figure - the one day that I don’t check it, I miss out.

What I don’t understand is why Dell gives such a small window of time for people to take advantage of these deals.  Why don’t they offer these deals for a week?  One day is ridiculous.  It’s like gambling - you’re lucky if you’re in the right place at the right time.  A week would at least give you a chance.

Guess I’ll have to wait for the next round.

Posted by Z on June 27, 2003 at 12:31 AM (PDT)

on or about july 8th…. well i must have ordered too late, mine said august 8th. I know dell has a buisness model that keeps little or no stock on hand, but 5 weeks seems a bit much.

Posted by andrew on June 27, 2003 at 5:47 AM (PDT)

I ordered a 15 gb from Dell on may 15th..It took 26 days to get it..Was it worth the wait..??..Yes $ 85 saved..

Patience..

wozman

Posted by wozman on June 28, 2003 at 4:40 PM (PDT)