iPod 30GB for $250, 15GB for $200 | iLounge News

iPod 30GB for $250, 15GB for $200

Dealmac: CompUSA.com has the factory-refurbished Apple 30GB iPod (third-generation with docking cradle) for $249.99, as a reader found. That tops the lowest price we’ve seen elsewhere by well over $100. Add one penny for shipping. Update: CompUSA.com also has the 15GB iPod for $199.99. Both are valid for online orders only and not available in CompUSA retail stores.

« Washington Post: The RIAA and the Music Piracy Debate

Stereophile: Copy protected CDs don’t play nice with iPods »

Comments

When I clicked on the link from dealmac.com, it ent me to a generic search page at compusa’s site. I searched for ipod 15 and 30 and found nothing (other sizes were available).

The date on the deal is from Oct. 17th, and these usually expire quick—maybe the deal is already over? Compusa sold out?

Anyone else find it OK?

Posted by Andrew Borstein on October 20, 2003 at 5:57 AM (PDT)

Yes, I couldn’t find them, either

Posted by Jacko on October 20, 2003 at 5:59 AM (PDT)

Not there.  Compusa likes to call refurbished refurb.  Lots of refurb items no iPods.

Posted by gilatrout on October 20, 2003 at 6:23 AM (PDT)

Yea deal was valid friday… most likely over now, hope everyone got in on it.

Posted by Andrew on October 20, 2003 at 6:59 AM (PDT)

ugh why would they post a deal today that expired on friday.  :(

Posted by Frank on October 20, 2003 at 7:13 AM (PDT)

I apologize, guys… I submitted this to iPodlounger early this morning.  It WAS working then… I tried both links.

What a shame, though… great deals.

Posted by azdude_15gb on October 20, 2003 at 7:35 AM (PDT)

Even though I missed getting here in time, thanks for submitting it, azdude!  Gives me hope that if I hold out a while they might have more refurbs around that price and I can finally snatch one up…

Posted by Ella on October 20, 2003 at 7:48 AM (PDT)

Aaaaaaaaaagh!  I thought I was going to finally get one.  I am sooooo pissed.  Oh well maybe next time. No wait I am still really pissed. Damn it.

Thanks for trying.

Posted by Phil Reynolds on October 20, 2003 at 9:26 AM (PDT)

Were both available this morning?  I was able to view the products last night, but not order.  They were OOS.  I am gonna kill myself if this deal doesn’t come back.

Posted by iMrbojangle on October 20, 2003 at 10:18 AM (PDT)

Don’t fret my fellow iPod lovers, given time Compusa will SURELY have more refurbs in time for Christmas. I would know, I work there! My manager said they will be getting a whole new shipment in time for the holidays. Apparently, Apple holds refurbs and gives them to retailers whenever they feel is the right time

Posted by Bobby Sakaki on October 20, 2003 at 4:21 PM (PDT)

I got the email stating they have ipod on clearance! I recieved the email on the 19th at 1:31AM. I checked it out 5mins later! and it said it was all sold out!

I had no idea that the deal started on the 17th.
I got my 15gb 3G off Ebay for $310. I think it isn’t so bad.

Posted by Nelson W. on October 20, 2003 at 6:17 PM (PDT)

310 for a 15gb 3g isnt too bad. But not good considering you can get the 30gb 3g from dell for like 399, and usually like ~370 (after coupon).

Posted by Frank on October 20, 2003 at 8:21 PM (PDT)

What exactly does it mean to be refurbished?

Posted by Drew K. on October 21, 2003 at 4:50 AM (PDT)

refurbished means some1 has previously used it and returned it for some reason (usually a defect).  Then apple takes it and fixes whatever problem it was returned for and sells as refurb.  However they only fix the problem it was returned for, so its possible that it has other problems they dont fix.

Posted by Johnathan on October 21, 2003 at 6:11 AM (PDT)

Well, not all refurbished item are defective in some way. I sometime return an item due the the fact that it don’t perform to what I expected or wasn’t as what I expected of it. So I was not satisfied with the product, then I return it for a refund. More often than not it will definitely have some comestic wear on refurbished item. You can notice a few scratch on the item, but it won’t hinder it from doing its function. So it is still good.

Posted by Nelson W. on October 21, 2003 at 6:36 AM (PDT)

Factory Refurbished items are simply products that were returned directly to Apple either from Retailers or Authorized Service Providers.  These products are tested for defects and then repaired, many times with more than 65% new parts.  The units are then given new cases and tested through the QC department just as new product.  The refurbished product is given a new serial number and has the same 1 year Apple Limited Warranty that accompanies all new Apple products at a fraction of the price to you the customer.

Posted by Apple Tech on October 21, 2003 at 8:45 AM (PDT)

Shipped today, will arrive Thursday; will update.

Posted by Andrew on October 21, 2003 at 8:56 PM (PDT)

do they offer warranty with the auction?

Posted by emoglitterati on October 22, 2003 at 9:04 PM (PDT)