iPod 5GB for Mac or Windows $149 | iLounge News

iPod 5GB for Mac or Windows $149

Apple Store has factory refurbished, original iPod 5GB for Mac or Windows at $149. Shipping is free and comes with a one-year warranty.

« Apple woos independent labels

New MARWARE SportSuit Convertible available for pre-order »

Comments

Alright….......can someone tell me what they mean by “refurbished”??

Posted by Rish on June 6, 2003 at 5:36 AM (PDT)

I think they mean that someone brings in a broken one and exchanges it.. and they repair it, replace the shell, and sell it as ‘refurbished.’ However, if you had a new one and a refurbished one, the only difference would be the price smile

Posted by Lorcan on June 6, 2003 at 6:08 AM (PDT)

I bought a refurbished 20gig and it’s a spot-on replica of a brand new one. There’s not even a scratch on there. It works perfect and not I or anyone else has ever been able to tell it was refurbished. And it was $100 cheaper than the normal asking price. AND the best part is that it came with a one year warranty from Apple. If the price is right for you, the refurbished iPods are the next best thing to buying it new. Maybe even better.

Posted by Andrew Borstein on June 6, 2003 at 7:56 AM (PDT)

I bought an original 5gig refurbished iPod from Apple.com this past winter for my girlfriend.  She was all nervous about it having been tinkered with, so I gave her mine and took the refurbished one.  In all honesty, there is no difference whatsoever between the refurb and the brand new from a year ago.  I think that the new touch sensative things feel like what i would imagine lizard genitals would feel like, and the scroll wheel is wonderful, so this deal is jaw dropping to me . . .  Grab these while you can, i just got one for my little sister . . .

Posted by Mike on June 6, 2003 at 10:07 AM (PDT)

I purchased a refurb 5GB in December (last time they had it), and to me, you couldn’t tell it was a refurb unit.  Heck, you get the same as new one-year warranty.  I’m happy to say mine’s been working flawlessly since day one. smile

At $199, I thought it was a deal, but at $149, this is really a steal, considering an MD or a CD player runs about the same.  If you don’t need all that extraneous space, definitely get in while you can.

Posted by Jstalilwyrd in California on June 6, 2003 at 9:51 PM (PDT)

Just bought a second hand 5GB iPod and is the greatest buy I’ve made so far. At this price is something you cannot leave behind. If you want extra space, Apple is selling a 20GB iPod refurbished at $299. More info @ http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/72604/wo/4L41qgfGgQ2x3CPe3f3Ngs3zdeH/5.4.0.5.10.11.16.13.0

Posted by DeBilbao on June 9, 2003 at 2:40 AM (PDT)

Just checked the Apple store (1:40 pm Mountain time), they seem to be out of 5 G, but still have the 20 G (for Windoze)

Posted by danvdr on June 9, 2003 at 10:40 AM (PDT)

I called Apple to order one Friday afternoon, they said—sorry-sold out—BUT they were still on the web site, so I took a chance and put my order in late that afternoon….....I am waiting on FED EX, they shipped it—must have some held back for web orders!

Posted by Paul on June 9, 2003 at 3:51 PM (PDT)