iPod accessory makers merge as mStation acquires mophie
Mophie, makers of iPod accessories such as the Bevy keychain case for iPod shuffle, has announced that mStation has acquired the mophie brand name and product line. According to mophie, mStation will continue to manufacture the mophie line of products under the mophie brand, and future mophie products will be designed with the input of the original mophie team. “mStation has the culture and experience to grow the mophie brand. Consolidating the manufacturing and distribution of the two companies is a win-win,” says Ben Kaufman, founder of mophie. “The speed and responsive nature of mophie in this quickly changing market is what attracted us to the company. We are thrilled to bring the two brands together and put the mophie energy to work,” says Ross Howe, Director of Sales and Product Development for mStation.
With the mophie brand owned by mStation, Kaufman and the mophie team will focus full-time on the community-based Illuminator decision making process, which has produced several iPod accessory designs in the past. “Why limit this extraordinary process to iPod accessories when it can be adopted by any organization for virtually every decision making activity?” Kaufman said. “The Illuminator is everything that current social networks lack, harnessing all their pent-up power to actually get things done.”
The acquisition is not the first overlap for the two companies, as mStation’s Creative/Marketing Director, Wm. Marc Salsberry, was one of three winners in Mophie’s Illuminator contest back in January. Salsberry designed a protective iPod or iPhone case that attaches to a bag’s shoulder strap.
- Apple adds ‘Beats by Dr. Dre’ section to online store
- Magellan intros Echo Fit sports smart watch
- Apple posts official Beats welcome announcement
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Mercedes, Volvo delay CarPlay support until 2015
- iOS 8 beta suggests 1472x828 resolution, more icons for iPhone 6 Home Screen?
- Report: Apple releases iOS 8 beta 6 to testing partners
- Sprint announces Family Share Pack data plans
- Report: 5.5” iPhone 6 to use 2915 mAh battery
- Apple to debut reversible USB Lightning cable?
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Pako — Car Chase Simulator
- FLA cites Quanta for further Apple labor problems
- Apple adds more vice presidents to executive webpage
- Apple shareholder files class action over anti-poaching agreement
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- Go Design TravelCard Charger
- OtterBox Agility Tablet System for iPad Air
- SwitchEasy B’Spoke for iPad Air
- Kero Products Nomad Cable Lightning
- Juno Labs Juno Power Junojumpr
- Zagg Rugged Folio for iPad Air
- Lepow Pie X-Series Magnetic Power Bank and Case Combo
- Tylt Energi 2K Smart Travel Charger
- Plantronics BackBeat Fit Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today