iPod accessory makers merge as mStation acquires mophie
Mophie, makers of iPod accessories such as the Bevy keychain case for iPod shuffle, has announced that mStation has acquired the mophie brand name and product line. According to mophie, mStation will continue to manufacture the mophie line of products under the mophie brand, and future mophie products will be designed with the input of the original mophie team. “mStation has the culture and experience to grow the mophie brand. Consolidating the manufacturing and distribution of the two companies is a win-win,” says Ben Kaufman, founder of mophie. “The speed and responsive nature of mophie in this quickly changing market is what attracted us to the company. We are thrilled to bring the two brands together and put the mophie energy to work,” says Ross Howe, Director of Sales and Product Development for mStation.
With the mophie brand owned by mStation, Kaufman and the mophie team will focus full-time on the community-based Illuminator decision making process, which has produced several iPod accessory designs in the past. “Why limit this extraordinary process to iPod accessories when it can be adopted by any organization for virtually every decision making activity?” Kaufman said. “The Illuminator is everything that current social networks lack, harnessing all their pent-up power to actually get things done.”
The acquisition is not the first overlap for the two companies, as mStation’s Creative/Marketing Director, Wm. Marc Salsberry, was one of three winners in Mophie’s Illuminator contest back in January. Salsberry designed a protective iPod or iPhone case that attaches to a bag’s shoulder strap.
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- iPod touch 6G: Unboxing + comparison photos
- Apple debuts ‘Apple Tested Cases’ web page
- Nest debuts Nest Cam, updates Nest Protect and Learning Thermostat
- Monster: Apple booted us from MFi program over Beats lawsuit
- Report: Apple killed Beats home audio project after acquisition
- Report: Apple in talks to launch virtual network service
- Dr. Dre’s new album coming to iTunes, Apple Music on Friday
- Nokia’s HERE Maps sold to automakers in $3.1B deal
- Report: Apple plans to use Siri to transcribe voicemails
- Leaked photos suggest thicker, Force Touch-equipped iPhones
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?