iPod accessory makers merge as mStation acquires mophie
Mophie, makers of iPod accessories such as the Bevy keychain case for iPod shuffle, has announced that mStation has acquired the mophie brand name and product line. According to mophie, mStation will continue to manufacture the mophie line of products under the mophie brand, and future mophie products will be designed with the input of the original mophie team. “mStation has the culture and experience to grow the mophie brand. Consolidating the manufacturing and distribution of the two companies is a win-win,” says Ben Kaufman, founder of mophie. “The speed and responsive nature of mophie in this quickly changing market is what attracted us to the company. We are thrilled to bring the two brands together and put the mophie energy to work,” says Ross Howe, Director of Sales and Product Development for mStation.
With the mophie brand owned by mStation, Kaufman and the mophie team will focus full-time on the community-based Illuminator decision making process, which has produced several iPod accessory designs in the past. “Why limit this extraordinary process to iPod accessories when it can be adopted by any organization for virtually every decision making activity?” Kaufman said. “The Illuminator is everything that current social networks lack, harnessing all their pent-up power to actually get things done.”
The acquisition is not the first overlap for the two companies, as mStation’s Creative/Marketing Director, Wm. Marc Salsberry, was one of three winners in Mophie’s Illuminator contest back in January. Salsberry designed a protective iPod or iPhone case that attaches to a bag’s shoulder strap.
- Philips announces Hue Go connected lamp
- Apple threatens action against accessory makers using leaked device specs
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- Report: Apple outlines more stringent requirements for MFi case makers
- Report: Bose products returning to Apple Stores?
- Beats introduces Solo2 Wireless Headphones
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?