iPod accessory makers take action on product issues
In order to keep our readers aware of a number of recently “fixed” or removed-from-market iPod products, iLounge has compiled this list of accessories that have recently been fixed or removed from the market entirely. We commend the companies listed below for responding to the issues that have been identified with their accessories.
Digital Lifestyle Outfitters (DLO) recently informed iLounge that the battery leak issue identified in its iBoom boombox has now been fixed in shipping models. iBoom boxes marked as iPod photo compatible include the battery fix.
Incase has released a new version of its Incase Charger that addresses audio problems that uncovered in our review of the product. As noted in our updated review, we found the audio output of the new version to be “dramatically improved from its predecessor, and overall more than satisfactory.”
Gadget Accessories has confirmed to iLounge that its 3-in-1 Charger exhibits iPod-damaging potential and has been withdrawn from the market temporarily. “We are working with Apple directly at this time for our connectors to be Apple authorized connectors,” the company said. “In the meantime in light of the comments posted on your site we have removed the 3-in-1 Charger for now from our site until we get the OK from Apple.”
Macally has responded to iLounge reader concerns about issues with the first run of the company’s PodWave accessory. Macally said it has fixed the problems and created a more powerful, cleaner version, which is discussed as Version 2 in iLounge’s updated review.
JBL has confirmed that “a very few customers (currently fewer than 1%)” have experienced a volume control problem with the JBL On Stage. The company states on its website: “We are offering to replace your JBL On Stage at no cost to you except for the shipping cost to our warehouse (we will pay return shipping), should you have a JBL On Stage with a defective chip.”
XtremeMac said it has remedied sound quality issues found in certain of the initial production run of its AirPlay FM transmitter. The company acknowledged that a small number of the accessories had defects. In the comments of our review, XtremeMac CEO Gary Bart explained the problem in detail and said his company “will gladly replace any unit that is found to be defective, at our expense.”
- Blue Raven offers “Service in a Box” iPod, iPhone repair
- Fastmac expands iPod repair program to include iPod classic, nano 3G
- Fastmac expands iPod rehab program for 2G iPod nano
- Fastmac expands iPod LCD service for iPod minis
- Fastmac expands iPod LCD repair service
- iPodJuice offers replacement batteries for 5G iPods
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014