iPod accessory makers take action on product issues
In order to keep our readers aware of a number of recently “fixed” or removed-from-market iPod products, iLounge has compiled this list of accessories that have recently been fixed or removed from the market entirely. We commend the companies listed below for responding to the issues that have been identified with their accessories.
Digital Lifestyle Outfitters (DLO) recently informed iLounge that the battery leak issue identified in its iBoom boombox has now been fixed in shipping models. iBoom boxes marked as iPod photo compatible include the battery fix.
Incase has released a new version of its Incase Charger that addresses audio problems that uncovered in our review of the product. As noted in our updated review, we found the audio output of the new version to be “dramatically improved from its predecessor, and overall more than satisfactory.”
Gadget Accessories has confirmed to iLounge that its 3-in-1 Charger exhibits iPod-damaging potential and has been withdrawn from the market temporarily. “We are working with Apple directly at this time for our connectors to be Apple authorized connectors,” the company said. “In the meantime in light of the comments posted on your site we have removed the 3-in-1 Charger for now from our site until we get the OK from Apple.”
Macally has responded to iLounge reader concerns about issues with the first run of the company’s PodWave accessory. Macally said it has fixed the problems and created a more powerful, cleaner version, which is discussed as Version 2 in iLounge’s updated review.
JBL has confirmed that “a very few customers (currently fewer than 1%)” have experienced a volume control problem with the JBL On Stage. The company states on its website: “We are offering to replace your JBL On Stage at no cost to you except for the shipping cost to our warehouse (we will pay return shipping), should you have a JBL On Stage with a defective chip.”
XtremeMac said it has remedied sound quality issues found in certain of the initial production run of its AirPlay FM transmitter. The company acknowledged that a small number of the accessories had defects. In the comments of our review, XtremeMac CEO Gary Bart explained the problem in detail and said his company “will gladly replace any unit that is found to be defective, at our expense.”
- Blue Raven offers “Service in a Box” iPod, iPhone repair
- Fastmac expands iPod repair program to include iPod classic, nano 3G
- Fastmac expands iPod rehab program for 2G iPod nano
- Fastmac expands iPod LCD service for iPod minis
- Fastmac expands iPod LCD repair service
- iPodJuice offers replacement batteries for 5G iPods
- Report: Apple to debut ‘iPad Pro’ on Sept. 9
- iPhone 6S to use 7000 series aluminum from Apple Watch Sport
- CBS Sports to stream Super Bowl 50, select NFL games on Apple TV
- Report: New Apple TV gets A8 chip, but not 4K support
- Report: New Apple TV will feature universal search, cost $149
- Retrial for damages in Apple patent case set for March or April
- Google omits HealthKit support from Android Wear iOS app
- Apple eyed Bill Simmons for exclusive podcast deal
- Amazon Video app update lets Prime users download movies, TV shows for offline viewing
- Report: Apple considering move into original programming
- IK Multimedia iKlip Case for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Odoyo KickStand Charging Dock for Apple Watch
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?