iPod becomes a fashion icon, Fendi debuts $1,500 iPod bag | iLounge News

iPod becomes a fashion icon, Fendi debuts $1,500 iPod bag

“Forget the $200 iPod bag from Gucci; it’s for cheapskates.

The ultimate iPod accessory is Fendi’s Juke Box, a $1,500 carrying case for transporting multiple iPods.

The bag, unveiled by the Italian fashion house at a catwalk show in Milan, is a rectangular gilded purse about the size of a bread bin. It is lined with multicolored cloth and incorporates a pocket for holding up to a dozen iPods

‘It’s a hot gadget right now, and these designers don’t want to miss the boat,’ said Janet Ozzard, executive editor of Style.com, the online home of Vogue and W.”

« UK buyers find auctions to buy minis

Lajo releases xrap iPod mini protector »

Comments

Let me be the first to say…...Now Ive seen it all.

Posted by Torres on May 12, 2004 at 9:51 AM (CDT)

Thats INSANE

-Boaguy

Posted by Guest on May 12, 2004 at 10:32 AM (CDT)

I am sorry if I offend anyone, but that is the ugliest iPod case I’ve ever seen. Ok, I’ve gotten that off my chest . . . :)

Posted by Trancedog73 in Knoxville, TN on May 12, 2004 at 10:35 AM (CDT)

Karl is nuts.

Posted by Wired on May 12, 2004 at 10:54 AM (CDT)

The worst thing of all is that it offers no protection because of the way the ipods are stacked on each other.

Posted by Tripledeuce on May 12, 2004 at 11:04 AM (CDT)

I think they are fabulous one of my girlfriends had ordered the guchi case and I just emailed this to her, she says she wants that too. She only has 3 ipods though.

Posted by Dailee on May 12, 2004 at 11:34 AM (CDT)

Looks like they just got a random bag and said it’s designed specifically for ipods.  HAHAH

Posted by tetro on May 12, 2004 at 12:37 PM (CDT)

uh, this april fools joke seems to be a month late…...

Posted by vanillacoke on May 12, 2004 at 12:59 PM (CDT)

Blech!

A thief would take the iPods and throw away the bag!

Posted by stylescraper on May 12, 2004 at 1:13 PM (CDT)

He stole my idea!  Now I think I’ll switch to plan B: gut a whole cow and make a case for my 40 laptops.  Think GUCCI will want in?

Posted by Matt on May 12, 2004 at 1:49 PM (CDT)

uh if im not mistaken, i dont think most people have more than 2 ipods, and to me the “ipod compartment’ just looks like a pocket. i think most bags have that.

Posted by burn piano island on May 12, 2004 at 2:12 PM (CDT)

hey, pssst…***opens bag***

wanna buy an iPod?  cheap?

WTH would ANYBODY need to transport up to a dozen iPods?

I have a beter idea.  You send ME the $1500 and I’ll send you my slightly used Contour Showcase.  Trust me, it’s a better deal. And we’ll both be happy!

Posted by fergie on May 12, 2004 at 3:51 PM (CDT)

Its just a regular designer bag with a dozen iPods stuffed in an elastic pocket.

it doesnt even have individual pockets for each iPod!

how can he say it was designed for iPods? this is so stupid.

Posted by Ariza on May 12, 2004 at 5:47 PM (CDT)

Ha! Remember an earlier thread about Lagerfeld? He stated that he had 40 iPods, and all the ipodlounge readers deduced that “40 ipods” was mistranslated from “40 gig” iPod. Well, he does have 40 iPods! Ha! What an idiot. 40 ipods! Why?

Posted by Questioner on May 12, 2004 at 10:05 PM (CDT)

it’s a nice case.. my single ipod mini would rest comfortably in the net… i could put all 40 of my rolex watches to fill up the empty space around the mini… uhm..i hope i don’t get spotted and jacked for my loot.. or what the heck, i’ll just go out and buy however many ipods i need to fill the case up right, cheers lagerfeld!

-XOXOXOX

Posted by dietrite (if i was rich, hehe) on May 12, 2004 at 11:53 PM (CDT)

That’s INSANE. The guy owns 40 iPods?!
That’s flirting with sloth…

Posted by mongoos150 on May 13, 2004 at 12:20 AM (CDT)

OH PUHLEEEEZE!!!

Are these people retarded or what?!?

Give us all a break.

I don’t care how much money you have - I mean, I thought the $200 Gucci case was stupid and a waste of money, which of course, it was, but if you’re spending $1500 on a CASE, you are the stupidest person on the planet.

Oh, and uh, to anybody who buys that case, after you’re done buying it, come over here, my sister found a rare hair from Conan O’Brien’s butt in the halls of NBC that I had matted and framed - it’s only $800!

Posted by Z on May 13, 2004 at 3:25 AM (CDT)

So I see that Karl actually does own 40 Ipods.  LOL, unbelievable.  40 Ipods, eh?  Why would ANYBODY need 40 Ipods?!?  Why would anybody need 10???  Just rip and encode everything you have and then replace the music you’re tired of with the new stuff.  But how quickly could someone bore of 10,000 songs?  It would take you forever to listen to even a quarter of that.

He has 60,000 CD’s.  Good grief.  That is so stupid.  No human would live long enough to listen to it all.  Don’t believe me?  Well let’s see… 60,000 CD’s multiplied by an average of 10 songs per CD is 600,000 songs.  If he listened to ten NEW songs/one NEW album each day of the year, without ever taking a day off from it (which would never happen) it would take him just over 164 years to listen to it all.

Dumb?  Yes.

Talk about greed taken to a nauseating level.  And no, I’m not jealous, I’m disgusted.

Posted by Z on May 13, 2004 at 4:02 AM (CDT)

I want to urinate on that loser.

Posted by bababooey on May 13, 2004 at 4:26 AM (CDT)

This case is just plain ugly. It’s not worth $1,500, nor is his name worth that much money.  What can the Fendi do with 40 iPods?

Posted by iPodite on May 13, 2004 at 5:40 AM (CDT)

Page 1 of 2 pages  1 2 >