iPod Bluetooth Audio Transmitter Early Next Year | iLounge News

iPod Bluetooth Audio Transmitter Early Next Year

ExtremeTech has revealed that XtremeMac will be releasing a Bluetooth adapter which will allow the iPod to “stream music from the player

« 40GB iPod for $419 today only

New Burton iPod jackets and backpack »

Comments

HAH! I knew it was possible for the iPod to utilize bluetooth. Way to go! iPod is the greatest device ever.

It’s only time until other accessories will be refined. I have hope now for a really advanced wireless remote, wireless data transfer….etc. I’m excited.

Posted by ILoveMusic on October 30, 2003 at 9:56 AM (CST)

Guess what?  A lot of devices can make use of bluetooth with the right adapter.  The title here is misleading because this announcement is about a bluetooth ipod adapter rather than a bluetooth ipod.

Posted by Albert on October 30, 2003 at 11:20 AM (CST)

its just kick ass all around. This is going to be great

Posted by Ed on October 30, 2003 at 3:17 PM (CST)

I just cancelled my Itrip order that I placed in June and still have not received.  I couldn’t justify waiting this long and paying $40 to transmit over FM radio when I can wait a few more months to get bluetooth.  Even if it’s delayed, it should be worth it.  I’ve received 3 emails from Griffin telling me it’s on the way….still nothing.  Just more annoyed with them than anxious about this….O well. Done rambling.

Posted by Gomez on October 30, 2003 at 6:22 PM (CST)

The iTrip sucks anyway.  I’m sending mine back on Saturday, and will wait to buy the bluetooth adapter.

Posted by kevinmoore73 on October 30, 2003 at 6:56 PM (CST)

where are the bluetooth headphones??

Posted by murph on October 30, 2003 at 8:31 PM (CST)

Yeah, I ordered my iTrip in july and they told me it would arrive in three weeks since they announced it has started shipping. 2 months later? Its hasnt arrived. I hope XtremeMac kicks Griffins butt

Posted by hahaa on October 31, 2003 at 4:42 AM (CST)

this isnt saying its enabling the ‘bluetooth’ part of the ipod, as there isnt one. meaning you wont be able to transfer data wirelessly, it says; “iPod to stream music from the player

Posted by silver_haze20 on October 31, 2003 at 4:53 AM (CST)

Murph,
just an FYI if your interested…..When I cancelled, they offered to get it out to me immediately.  I declined, but you may want to give them a call, they will ship it next week if you want.

Posted by Gomez on October 31, 2003 at 10:57 AM (CST)

Thats what i did. And they said they would ship it next week for me. Lol

Posted by hahaa on November 1, 2003 at 12:13 AM (CST)

The toyota Prius has bluetooth technology.  Hopefully this means that cars will automatically, wirelessly play your music?  that would be awesome

Posted by lou on December 7, 2003 at 3:22 PM (CST)

Call Griffin and complain. I did on Monday and had my iTrip in-hand on Friday.

Posted by OmniApple on December 8, 2003 at 6:14 AM (CST)