iPod Camera Connector supports video, audio importing
Two of the new documents reveal further interesting details of the device. According to Apple, you can use the the Camera Connector to not only import photos, but to also transfer videos and audio (with a supported camera) to your iPod photo.
“Though you can’t view movie files on iPod photo, you can view it on your computer after you connect your iPod to your computer and transfer the file,” Apple says in one document. “If you select the file on your iPod, you will see the following message: ‘This media file cannot be viewed or played on iPod. Use QuickTime to open this file on your computer.’” The company says you will get the same message if you try to open an imported audio file.
Apple also says that the Camera Connector can import photos in the RAW image format, but that an iPod photo cannot display them. In addition, iPod photo software 1.1 enables you to use an iPod remote to control an iPod photo slideshow (previously, you could only use the Click Wheel).
The new support documents include:
How to use the iPod Camera Connector
iPod Camera Connector: Using the USB port
iPod Camera Connector: Supported Devices
iPod Camera Connector: Choosing a photo importing protocol on a camera
iPod photo: Understanding Browse Roll icons
iPod photo: Use Delete Roll to delete imported photos
iPod photo: Use your camera’s erase function to erase a media card completely
iPod photo: Update software to use iPod Remote for slideshows
iPod photo may seem to stop responding when importing movies
- Report: Apple releases iOS 8 beta 6 to testing partners
- Apple releases iOS beta 5
- Tips app debuts in iOS 8 beta 4
- Forensic scientist notes iOS ‘back doors’
- iOS 8 beta 3 released to developers
- Apple releases iOS 7.1.2
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple: Celeb photo hack ‘very targeted attack’ on accounts
- Apple investigating “iCloud” celebrity photo hack
- Elgato debuts Eve home sensor product line
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Cambridge Audio Go v2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today