iPod causing rifts in marriages | iLounge News

iPod causing rifts in marriages

By Dennis Lloyd

Publisher, iLounge
Published: Monday, January 26, 2004
News Categories: iPod

“The iPod is being blamed for causing rifts in relationships with a new breed of “iPod Widows” emerging. [...]

The report includes two case studies from the recently ‘widowed’. One describes how: ‘Every evening he gets the iPod out straight after supper and starts fannying around with it. Its taking over our lives.’”

« Win an iShield in the Gear Giveaway - CLOSED

Mac: LyriPod 1.0 Public Beta 2 Released »

Comments

Interesting “human interest” story.  Ancedotal evidence - speaking to two people, is really not evidence at all particularly when the writer doesn’t name names.

Posted by Peter on January 26, 2004 at 9:59 AM (PDT)

I think I see another Reality TV show brewing…

Posted by tctech on January 26, 2004 at 10:00 AM (PDT)

By the wife one and get her off your back. She just wants to play with it….

Posted by Dmo in Montreal on January 26, 2004 at 10:27 AM (PDT)

I meant Buy..

Posted by Dmo in Montreal on January 26, 2004 at 10:27 AM (PDT)

What makes this any different than the men (or women too) who won’t quit watching TV long enough to do anything else?  Reading that story was a waste of time…

Posted by Gene on January 26, 2004 at 10:32 AM (PDT)

if in my lifetime apple creates an ipod robot that can not only carry “all” my tunes, but cook and clean ........... my wife’s out the door!  JOKE !

Posted by jsmoove on January 26, 2004 at 10:54 AM (PDT)

Fortunately, it only takes one hand to work the iPod controls, leaving the other hand to…

Posted by TommyT in Birmingham, AL on January 26, 2004 at 11:30 AM (PDT)

man, that stories a lie!

Posted by e55at on January 26, 2004 at 11:35 AM (PDT)

If a man would rather spend time with his ipod than his wife, that marriage was in trouble long before the ipod came on the scene.

Posted by revmike on January 26, 2004 at 11:50 AM (PDT)

oh yeah, my girlfriend has said on numerous occasions that she wish she never bought it for me last year…especially when I was obsessed with importing my entire CD collection.  She knows better than to make me choose between her and my ipod though…becasue she knows she’d lose…

Posted by me on January 26, 2004 at 11:54 AM (PDT)

next:  “man bites ipod”

Posted by deepfrieddoggie on January 26, 2004 at 11:58 AM (PDT)

man makes love to ipod, and the iPod gives birth to half-human half-ipod children

Posted by ti on January 26, 2004 at 12:11 PM (PDT)

where do they get this crap from? dear lord people are weird.

Posted by Fiddytree on January 26, 2004 at 12:17 PM (PDT)

If your that obesesed with a portable music device, you don’t deserve to be married.

Posted by Adam on January 26, 2004 at 12:27 PM (PDT)

This has to be the stupidest article I’ve seen in ages. News flash: your marrage was already in trouble. The iPod problem is just a symptom of a pre-existing problem.

Posted by Chris on January 26, 2004 at 12:32 PM (PDT)

i would make love to my ipod if i could!

Posted by Tearba on January 26, 2004 at 12:36 PM (PDT)

I’m going to agree with adam here.

Such douches bags dont deserve the love of another human.

Posted by Alan on January 26, 2004 at 12:43 PM (PDT)

Lol… Totally agree, Adam & Alan.

Anyway, I bought my girlfriend a 10GB-er.  She loves it almost as much as I love mine.  :D

Posted by azdude_15gb on January 26, 2004 at 12:52 PM (PDT)

what the h$#l is “..fannying around with it..” and how do you do it with an iPod??

Posted by gemio17 on January 26, 2004 at 12:58 PM (PDT)

I wish my wife would leave me over my iPod…oh well

Posted by lostinlife28 on January 26, 2004 at 1:10 PM (PDT)

Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >