iPod causing rifts in marriages | iLounge News

iPod causing rifts in marriages

“The iPod is being blamed for causing rifts in relationships with a new breed of “iPod Widows” emerging. [...]

The report includes two case studies from the recently ‘widowed’. One describes how: ‘Every evening he gets the iPod out straight after supper and starts fannying around with it. It

Comments

I say enjoy the music heavily, but when it comes to love, drop the thing quick! hell, even if your making love, include the music!

Posted by Fiddytree on January 26, 2004 at 4:02 PM (CST)

^^ Good reason to have a pair of InMotion speakers handy.

Posted by Jerrod H. in TX on January 26, 2004 at 4:24 PM (CST)

She’s just jealous because he’s “fannying around” with the i-pod and not her ;)

Posted by Lisa on January 26, 2004 at 4:27 PM (CST)

American people tend to overreact :P this is some ironic stuff :D

Posted by Robert on January 26, 2004 at 4:51 PM (CST)

Heh, I bought the iPod so my wife could use it while I obsessed on video games. ;)

Posted by GraphicJack on January 26, 2004 at 5:51 PM (CST)

I think that iPod blog is just as crappy as this.

Posted by Stasyna on January 26, 2004 at 6:03 PM (CST)

My wife thinks I spent too much time on the iPodlounge, not my iPod!

Posted by renderboy on January 26, 2004 at 7:43 PM (CST)

if they made that damn headphone jack bigger, I wouldn’t need a girlfriend. ;)

Posted by dave on January 26, 2004 at 8:02 PM (CST)

You need help.

Posted by Sam on January 26, 2004 at 8:33 PM (CST)

My husband was smart, he bought me an ipod shortly after I bought him one ;-)

Posted by Jess on January 26, 2004 at 8:40 PM (CST)

LMAO

Posted by mongoos150 on January 26, 2004 at 8:49 PM (CST)

Mark how with my neglect I
do dispense:
You are so strongly in my purpose bred
That all the world besides
methinks are dead.

Posted by langdonauger on January 26, 2004 at 9:47 PM (CST)

if i can just get the 6000 more songs on i’ll be fnished…..

Posted by Daddo on January 26, 2004 at 9:56 PM (CST)

is he yelling “oh iPod!” in the sack?

Posted by Marc on January 26, 2004 at 10:04 PM (CST)

i promise you, when my ipod mini finally comes… so will i :D

besides it’s smaller than the other battery-operated toy i use now :p

Posted by Mac Beth on January 26, 2004 at 11:00 PM (CST)

so…......any more sexual innuendos for a little white, smooth battery operated box with a hole in it that we need to take care of or are we sure we got them all? :)  I know it’s so white and shiny and SMOOTH

Posted by Q on January 26, 2004 at 11:18 PM (CST)

Again, this is recockulous. If I were to make some sort of retarded blog about how my iPod wiped my arse, would it end up as “news” on the I-Pod lounge? Sheesh.
-A

Posted by angry_black_man on January 27, 2004 at 12:13 AM (CST)

this one time, at band camp… there was this girl who put her ipod somewhere…....can we write an article about that?

Posted by oblio on January 27, 2004 at 7:01 AM (CST)

Maybe I am the only one, but I think that there is some truth to this story, and knowledge to be taken away.  Everyone goes through an episode when they first get a new whatever, car, cd player, iPod, computer, TV - whatever - where they are interested in what it does and can tend to neglect their partners.  This, I believe is a real problem, and one that will become more prominent as technologies continues to grow and fall into the hands of consumers.

Digital jukeboxes and computers; tech gadgets, if you will, are something relatively new to mainstream society (within the past 10ish years).  It may be something that will go along with playing sports too much, watching too much TV or ignoring a spouse, but it is certainly not something to overlook.  I think that once people find themselves in this sort of situation they will realize that it can be a real problem and it is not just something to brush off and laugh about.  So, ::end rant:: but I had to put in a word for the other side.

Posted by jay on January 27, 2004 at 10:52 AM (CST)

What’s next, iDildo?

Posted by Eriamjh on January 27, 2004 at 11:57 AM (CST)

Page 2 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3 >