iPod classic poll ends, iPhone/iPod touch screen poll begins
With more than 3,300 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll — “Should Apple update the iPod classic?” has ended. Readers were given three “Yes” responses, with either new features, more capacity, or a combination thereof as additions, and four “No” responses, highlighting the reader’s interest in the iPod nano, iPod touch, iPhone, or disinterest in hard drive-based players.
A majority of readers—56%—wanted to see Apple continue the iPod classic in one form or another. More than one-third of readers—34%—said they would be interested in an updated iPod classic, but only with a combination of new features and a capacity bump, while nearly as many readers—33%—said they were more interested in an iPod touch (20%) or iPhone (13%). 14% of readers said they would be interested in an updated iPod classic if it offers new features, 9% said they weren’t interested in hard drive-based players at all, and 8% said they would be interested in a new model if it offered more capacity. Finally, only 3% said they would be more interested in an updated iPod nano, highlighting the different markets for these two iPod models. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the glass screens of the iPhone and iPod touch. We’d like to know if you’ve had any problems with yours. Have you noticed scratching, peeling, or other issues, or has your unit been problem free? Or do you not own an iPhone or iPod touch? Our new poll, “Have you noticed any problems with your iPhone or iPod touch screen?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the far left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge launches CES 2015 Special Edition site
- Happy New Year 2015 from iLounge!
- Happy Holidays from iLounge!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Report: Apple Watch battery life expected to be about 19 hours
- Apple outlines limited HomeKit support for non-HomeKit accessories
- Report: Apple agrees to accept product inspections from Chinese government
- IK Multimedia announces iRig Mic Studio
- NimbleBit announces Apple Watch support for Letterpad
- Apple acquires music analytics firm Semetric
- Apple terminates Crimean developer agreements due to U.S. sanctions
- Apple commemorates Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio Case for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air 2
- Twelve South BookBook for iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12