iPod classic poll ends, iPhone/iPod touch screen poll begins
With more than 3,300 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll — “Should Apple update the iPod classic?” has ended. Readers were given three “Yes” responses, with either new features, more capacity, or a combination thereof as additions, and four “No” responses, highlighting the reader’s interest in the iPod nano, iPod touch, iPhone, or disinterest in hard drive-based players.
A majority of readers—56%—wanted to see Apple continue the iPod classic in one form or another. More than one-third of readers—34%—said they would be interested in an updated iPod classic, but only with a combination of new features and a capacity bump, while nearly as many readers—33%—said they were more interested in an iPod touch (20%) or iPhone (13%). 14% of readers said they would be interested in an updated iPod classic if it offers new features, 9% said they weren’t interested in hard drive-based players at all, and 8% said they would be interested in a new model if it offered more capacity. Finally, only 3% said they would be more interested in an updated iPod nano, highlighting the different markets for these two iPod models. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the glass screens of the iPhone and iPod touch. We’d like to know if you’ve had any problems with yours. Have you noticed scratching, peeling, or other issues, or has your unit been problem free? Or do you not own an iPhone or iPod touch? Our new poll, “Have you noticed any problems with your iPhone or iPod touch screen?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the far left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Video Review: Otterbox Agility Tablet System
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, July giveaway reminder
- Happy Independence Day from iLounge!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Video First Look: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus support 2.1A charging, ship with 1A adapters
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus unboxing and comparison gallery posted
- iFixit posts teardowns of iPhone 6, 6 Plus
- Apps of the Week: Epic Zen Garden, OmniFocus, Evernote, Pocket + more
- Apple and U2 working on ‘secret project’ to boost music sales
- Apple launches new privacy webpage
- Apple HealthKit not ready for prime time? (Update: Yes)
- First-party Apple apps updated en masse for iOS 8
- Logitech debuts Harmony Living Home line
- Spigen F70Q 7000mAh Dual Portable Quick Charger
- Apple Inc. iOS 8
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad mini
- Zoom iQ6 XY Stereo Microphone for iPhone + iPad
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 headphones
- Logitech Bluetooth Multi-Device Keyboard K480
- Cambridge Audio Bluetone 100 Bluetooth Speaker
- Cambridge Audio Go V2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels