iPod classic poll ends, iPhone/iPod touch screen poll begins
With more than 3,300 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll — “Should Apple update the iPod classic?” has ended. Readers were given three “Yes” responses, with either new features, more capacity, or a combination thereof as additions, and four “No” responses, highlighting the reader’s interest in the iPod nano, iPod touch, iPhone, or disinterest in hard drive-based players.
A majority of readers—56%—wanted to see Apple continue the iPod classic in one form or another. More than one-third of readers—34%—said they would be interested in an updated iPod classic, but only with a combination of new features and a capacity bump, while nearly as many readers—33%—said they were more interested in an iPod touch (20%) or iPhone (13%). 14% of readers said they would be interested in an updated iPod classic if it offers new features, 9% said they weren’t interested in hard drive-based players at all, and 8% said they would be interested in a new model if it offered more capacity. Finally, only 3% said they would be more interested in an updated iPod nano, highlighting the different markets for these two iPod models. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the glass screens of the iPhone and iPod touch. We’d like to know if you’ve had any problems with yours. Have you noticed scratching, peeling, or other issues, or has your unit been problem free? Or do you not own an iPhone or iPod touch? Our new poll, “Have you noticed any problems with your iPhone or iPod touch screen?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the far left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Thanksgiving 2014 from iLounge!
- Don’t miss our Best of the Year Awards 2014
- iLounge announces its Best of the Year Awards for 2014
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Cook ‘deeply offended’ by BBC allegations
- BBC investigative report claims Apple fails to protect Chinese workers
- Apple releases iOS 8.2 beta 3 to developers
- Tim Cook announces $20M raised for (PRODUCT)RED in internal e-mail
- Apple announces 64-bit and iOS 8 requirements for app updates
- Apple ordered to turn over records in Canadian iPhone antitrust probe
- Apple halts online sales in Russia
- Apple found not guilty in iPod, iTunes Store lock-in suit
- Apple Pay cards represent 90 percent of US credit purchase volume; Samsung readying rival service
- Apps of the Week: Microsoft’s MSN apps
- STM Dux for iPhone 6
- Kenu Stance Compact Tripod for iPhone
- SwitchEasy Boombox for iPhone 6
- STM Skinny Pro for iPad Air 2
- SwitchEasy Rave for iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Wrap for iPhone 6 Plus
- Dog & Bone Wetsuit for iPhone 6
- Belkin Qode Ultimate + Ultimate Pro Keyboard Cases for iPad Air 2
- Evollve Ozobot
- Skech Crystal for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, Hard Rubber + Ice for iPhone 6
- Uniq Transforma for iPad Air 2
- Last-Minute Holiday Gift Guide for 2014
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0