iPod classic poll ends, iPhone/iPod touch screen poll begins
With more than 3,300 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll — “Should Apple update the iPod classic?” has ended. Readers were given three “Yes” responses, with either new features, more capacity, or a combination thereof as additions, and four “No” responses, highlighting the reader’s interest in the iPod nano, iPod touch, iPhone, or disinterest in hard drive-based players.
A majority of readers—56%—wanted to see Apple continue the iPod classic in one form or another. More than one-third of readers—34%—said they would be interested in an updated iPod classic, but only with a combination of new features and a capacity bump, while nearly as many readers—33%—said they were more interested in an iPod touch (20%) or iPhone (13%). 14% of readers said they would be interested in an updated iPod classic if it offers new features, 9% said they weren’t interested in hard drive-based players at all, and 8% said they would be interested in a new model if it offered more capacity. Finally, only 3% said they would be more interested in an updated iPod nano, highlighting the different markets for these two iPod models. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on the glass screens of the iPhone and iPod touch. We’d like to know if you’ve had any problems with yours. Have you noticed scratching, peeling, or other issues, or has your unit been problem free? Or do you not own an iPhone or iPod touch? Our new poll, “Have you noticed any problems with your iPhone or iPod touch screen?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the far left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Cast your vote today!
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy Holidays from iLounge
- Happy Thanksgiving 2016 from iLounge!
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- Apple Store down again ahead of new iPad, Product(RED) iPhone launch
- Apple acquires automation app Workflow
- Nintendo updates Super Mario Run, makes more courses available for free play
- Apple confirms iCloud and Apple ID systems have not been breached in response to hacker threat
- Hackers claim to have access to millions of iCloud accounts, demand ransom from Apple
- Apple’s Siri in the running to voice control room functions at Marriott’s Aloft hotels
- Apple releases iTunes 12.6 with new cross-device movie rental feature
- Apple introduces Clips video app
- Apple reveals(RED) iPhone 7, 7 Plus models, doubles storage of iPhone SE
- Apple drops 32GB iPad mini 4, reduces price of 128GB model and discontinues iPad mini 2
- ExoLens PRO with Optics by ZEISS Wide-Angle Lens Kit
- Blue Sadie Headphones
- Circle with Disney Parental Control and Internet Filtering System
- Pioneer Rayz Plus Lightning Connector Earphones
- BEEM United BeMe D200 Lightning Connector Earphones
- Jam Audio JAM Xterior Max Rugged Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- HiFiMAN Edition S Headphones
- Divoom Timebox Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- iClever BoostSound BTS-09 Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundcast VG1 Bluetooth Speaker
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10