iPod continues to be dominant player among teens
Apple’s iPod continues to dominate market share and mindshare among teenagers. According to Piper Jaffray’s semi-annual digital music teen survey, 77% of students who own an MP3 player have an iPod, up from 74% last Fall. For online music services, 71% of teens said they use iTunes, up from 64% last Fall. “While it is not at all surprising to see that Apple still has leading market share in digital audio players and online music, we are surprised that Apple has actually grown its market share in both digital audio players and music download services since the Fall-05 PJC teen survey was completed,” Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster wrote in a report given to iLounge.
“Based on the Spring-06 Piper Jaffray teen survey, it appears that Apple’s market share among this demographic has not yet hit a plateau, but is expanding,” Munster said. “We believe the teen market is a critical demographic in digital music. Apple appears to be winning mindshare at an early age, which we expect will pay off as high school students become more significant consumers over the next decade.”
- Report: Apple releases iOS 8 beta 6 to testing partners
- Apple releases iOS beta 5
- Tips app debuts in iOS 8 beta 4
- Forensic scientist notes iOS ‘back doors’
- iOS 8 beta 3 released to developers
- Apple releases iOS 7.1.2
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple: Celeb photo hack ‘very targeted attack’ on accounts
- Apple investigating “iCloud” celebrity photo hack
- Elgato debuts Eve home sensor product line
- Happy Labor Day from iLounge
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, last chance for August giveaway
- Apple to add 3X Retina Display support to iPhone 6?
- iPhone 6 logic board leak shows NFC, A8 chips
- Massive report reveals Apple’s PR strategies
- iWatch not shipping until 2015?
- Report: Dutch chipmaker NXP to provide iPhone 6 NFC chips
- Cambridge Audio Go v2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Soundfreaq Double Spot SFQ-09 Wireless Speaker
- iHome iBN6 Waterproof Bluetooth Speaker
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today