iPod First Aid UK - iPod battery replacement service debuts
Plugstore.net (UK) has launched iPod First Aid, an iPod replacement battery service. iPod First Aid (£75) includes battery replacement by Plugstore.net typically within 24 hours of first receipt, a 90-day new battery warranty, and return to the owner by registered post.
Plugstore.net announces UK’s most affordable iPod battery replacement service
May 27, 2004—-FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The new iPod First Aid service (www.ipodfirstaid.com, from Plugstore.net) elegantly solves the growing problem of worn-out rechargeable batteries in Apple’s first and second generation iPod players.
At £75, iPod First Aid is now the best service deal of its kind in the UK (see note 1). The price includes swift, professional battery replacement by Plugstore.net (see note 2), a 90-day new battery warranty, and return to the owner by registered post.
It is an inevitable performance characteristic of lithium-ion rechargeable cells—-as used in the iPod—-that they can only be charged and recharged a finite number of times (due to inescapable restrictions of their chemical composition). With extended use and repeated recharging, many users have reported that the iPod’s playing time can decrease to an impractical level, sometimes only 18 months after purchase.
The only cure is to install a new battery—-not a trivial task, since batteries are sealed within the iPod’s case. Plugstore.net solves the problem with its innovative and reasonably-priced iPod First Aid service.
Notes for Editors
(1) AppleCare iPod Battery Service, Out-Of-Warranty Pricing, costs £86.29. Source: www.info.apple.com/support/applecare_products-eu/service/ipod_service.html (25 May 2004).
(2) Units sent for repair will be despatched to owners typically within 24 hours of first receipt. Terms and conditions apply. Full details of the service are online at www.plugstore.net/ipod/ipod_11.html
- Nest Protect alarm returning to stores with lower price
- Samsonite acquires Speck Products for $85 million
- Beats introduces new Solo2 headphones
- Apple confirms Beats Electronics acquisition for $3 billion
- Blog spotlights risks in cheap, counterfeit iPad chargers
- Gibson buys Philips’ Apple accessory brand, Woox Innovations
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: Apple Stores to support carrier early iPhone upgrade programs
- Report: Apple buying talk radio app Swell
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Modern Combat 5: Blackout
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks