iPod First Aid UK - iPod battery replacement service debuts
Plugstore.net (UK) has launched iPod First Aid, an iPod replacement battery service. iPod First Aid (£75) includes battery replacement by Plugstore.net typically within 24 hours of first receipt, a 90-day new battery warranty, and return to the owner by registered post.
Plugstore.net announces UK’s most affordable iPod battery replacement service
May 27, 2004—-FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The new iPod First Aid service (www.ipodfirstaid.com, from Plugstore.net) elegantly solves the growing problem of worn-out rechargeable batteries in Apple’s first and second generation iPod players.
At £75, iPod First Aid is now the best service deal of its kind in the UK (see note 1). The price includes swift, professional battery replacement by Plugstore.net (see note 2), a 90-day new battery warranty, and return to the owner by registered post.
It is an inevitable performance characteristic of lithium-ion rechargeable cells—-as used in the iPod—-that they can only be charged and recharged a finite number of times (due to inescapable restrictions of their chemical composition). With extended use and repeated recharging, many users have reported that the iPod’s playing time can decrease to an impractical level, sometimes only 18 months after purchase.
The only cure is to install a new battery—-not a trivial task, since batteries are sealed within the iPod’s case. Plugstore.net solves the problem with its innovative and reasonably-priced iPod First Aid service.
Notes for Editors
(1) AppleCare iPod Battery Service, Out-Of-Warranty Pricing, costs £86.29. Source: www.info.apple.com/support/applecare_products-eu/service/ipod_service.html (25 May 2004).
(2) Units sent for repair will be despatched to owners typically within 24 hours of first receipt. Terms and conditions apply. Full details of the service are online at www.plugstore.net/ipod/ipod_11.html
- ReSound Linx MFi hearing aid launches
- Mad Catz unveils C.T.R.L.i iOS controller
- Fitbit pulls, recalls Force fitness tracker
- Bose debuts SoundLink Bluetooth speaker III
- Scosche releases MagicMount system for iOS devices
- Apogee intros JAM 96k guitar interface, MiC 96k
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Doggins
- Apps: Findery, Gmail 3.0, Real Racing 3 2.1 + Star Wars: KOTOR 1.2
- Apple ‘scrambling’ to meet FTC deadline on in-app purchases
- Report: Mercedes working on aftermarket CarPlay installations
- Suit alleges Apple stores discriminate against visually impaired
- Popular app developer ComiXology reports security breach
- Report: Apple moved $8.9B in profits to tax haven
- Azoi introduces Wello health monitoring iPhone case
- Report: Apple bringing full-screen video ads to iOS
- Report: Apple working to expand Siri functionality for iWatch
- TwelveSouth SurfacePad for iPad mini
- Neptor NP056K Dual Port Portable Battery Charger
- RooCase Dual-View 360 for iPad Air
- Mophie Space Pack for iPhone 5/5s
- SnowLizard Products SLXtreme 5 for iPhone 5/5s
- Lepow Moonstone 9000mAh Power Bank
- Thought Out PED4 Planet IPA10 for iPad Air
- Plantronics Voyager Edge Bluetooth Headset
- Anker TC930 Bluetooth Keyboard Cover for iPad Air
- iBattz Mojo Battstation Optimus
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks
- Splitting purchased content between two iPads
- iLounge’s 2014 CES Best of Show Awards: iPad, iPhone, iPod + Mac
- Preview: 7 Big Apple Trends To Expect At The 2014 CES
- Non-Bluetooth Lightning dock speakers
- Shared Apple ID and switching away from iPhone
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone