iPod First Aid UK - iPod battery replacement service debuts
Plugstore.net (UK) has launched iPod First Aid, an iPod replacement battery service. iPod First Aid (£75) includes battery replacement by Plugstore.net typically within 24 hours of first receipt, a 90-day new battery warranty, and return to the owner by registered post.
Plugstore.net announces UK’s most affordable iPod battery replacement service
May 27, 2004—-FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The new iPod First Aid service (www.ipodfirstaid.com, from Plugstore.net) elegantly solves the growing problem of worn-out rechargeable batteries in Apple’s first and second generation iPod players.
At £75, iPod First Aid is now the best service deal of its kind in the UK (see note 1). The price includes swift, professional battery replacement by Plugstore.net (see note 2), a 90-day new battery warranty, and return to the owner by registered post.
It is an inevitable performance characteristic of lithium-ion rechargeable cells—-as used in the iPod—-that they can only be charged and recharged a finite number of times (due to inescapable restrictions of their chemical composition). With extended use and repeated recharging, many users have reported that the iPod’s playing time can decrease to an impractical level, sometimes only 18 months after purchase.
The only cure is to install a new battery—-not a trivial task, since batteries are sealed within the iPod’s case. Plugstore.net solves the problem with its innovative and reasonably-priced iPod First Aid service.
Notes for Editors
(1) AppleCare iPod Battery Service, Out-Of-Warranty Pricing, costs £86.29. Source: www.info.apple.com/support/applecare_products-eu/service/ipod_service.html (25 May 2004).
(2) Units sent for repair will be despatched to owners typically within 24 hours of first receipt. Terms and conditions apply. Full details of the service are online at www.plugstore.net/ipod/ipod_11.html
- Lightning developer leaves Apple, redesigns Square Reader
- Apple patent reveals ‘smart dock’ for Siri use
- Mophie debuts Powerstation XL battery pack
- Kicker intros Amphitheater K3 Speaker, Vapor headphones
- Apple and Danish company collaborate on hearing aid
- Acoustic Research debuts AR for Her speakers
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- U.S. carriers to make unlocking phones easier
- New iPad models poll ends, Screen Protector poll begins
- Apple says factory conditions unrelated to worker’s death
- Apps: Angry Birds Go, GTA: San Andreas, The Room 2 + Sonic 2 3.0
- Samsung denied Apple ban in S. Korea
- Apple TV adds ABC, Bloomberg, Crackle, KORTV
- AT&T CEO: Bye, device subsidies, hello financing
- Apple hires radio exec for iTunes Radio
- Apps: 12 Days of Gifts, The Animal Alphabet Singers, Drawing Together + FIFA
- China Labor Watch seeks investigation of Pegatron deaths
- Spigen SGP Tough Armor for iPad mini
- Audio-Technica ATH-CKX9iS SonicFuel In-Ear Headphones
- Kanex Foldable iDevice Stand
- Olloclip Macro 3-in-1 Photo Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- Belkin APEX360 Advanced Protection Case for iPad mini
- STM Grip 2 for iPad Air
- CM4 Slite Card Case for iPhone 5c
- Newer Technology NuGuard KX for iPad Air + iPad mini
- The Joy Factory aXtion Bold for iPad Air
- OtterBox Defender Series Case for iPad Air + iPad mini with Retina display
- Syncing multiple iCloud data with a family Mac
- iMessages come in from email address instead of phone number
- Whether to include specific apps in iCloud backups
- Passcode entry field not appearing on iPhone
- Custom ringtones assignments don’t sync to iCloud
- Resuming incomplete iCloud backups
- Adding multiple photos to a Shared Photo Stream
- Quality of videos sent via Messages
- Text messages being delivered to wrong iPhone
- Problems logging in to iTunes Store