iPod glow leads to lost mushroom picker | iLounge News

iPod glow leads to lost mushroom picker

The iPod nano’s best-of-class battery life definitely paid off for a lost mushroom picker in Oregon last week. Twenty-five year old Pini Nou was spotted in heavy underbrush and rescued after search teams saw the glow of his iPod Friday. “The underbrush was so thick, it took the searchers a full 22 minutes to reach Nou, who, lacking a flashlight, had been trying to use the faint glow of his iPod nano display as a light source,” reports the Corvallis Gazette-Times. “It took several more hours to get him safely out of the woods, and searchers didn’t get back home until around 6 a.m.”

« JukeDock iPod dock announced

Tunewear debuts two new iPod nano cases »

Comments

Before long you will surely see an iPod on every forest survival kit list smile)

Posted by Just me on November 20, 2006 at 8:51 AM (PDT)

Well, duh!
Who goes mushroom-picking without an iPod?
Yeesh.

Posted by SmartyPants on November 20, 2006 at 9:46 AM (PDT)

Got Shrooms?

Posted by A3rdLeg on November 20, 2006 at 9:59 AM (PDT)

Wow, apparently picking mushrooms is a lucrative business.

Posted by rainking187 on November 20, 2006 at 7:21 PM (PDT)

THIS is news?  Please, give me a break….... Now if he had to use his Nano to keep himself from freezing to death, THAT would be a different story…....

Posted by d on November 21, 2006 at 7:10 AM (PDT)

Hey d, if I go mushroom picking I’ll bring my MacBook—it will definitely keep me from freezing, for a couple hours at least smile

Posted by paul on November 21, 2006 at 8:16 AM (PDT)

That’s about the only reason to have your backlight set to “always on”. Any other time I would have considered battery life lol.

Posted by ddsd on November 21, 2006 at 11:24 AM (PDT)

I just think he would have suffered less if he wore my Tordicator!! haha~~~

Posted by Sigrid on November 21, 2006 at 7:50 PM (PDT)