iPod Halloween costumes | iLounge News

iPod Halloween costumes

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Sunday, October 31, 2004
News Categories: Humor

iPod fan Jared Winick loves the portable music player so much that he created a fully functional iPod Halloween costume with working display and audio.

“I didn’t just want to be walking around in a box, so I made it a fully functional costume,” writes Winick. “I finally found a good use for a tablet PC, and used that for the display. A rewired USB mouse served as the ‘Forward,’ ‘Reverse,’ ‘Play/Pause’ buttons, and a bit of Java code played and displayed the MP3s. Some battery powered speakers provided the sound. It all worked out well, and I even won the costume contest.”

We’ve also come across a slightly better looking iPod costume (minus the audio capabilities) as well as a very original trio that dressed up as characters from Apple’s “Silhouette” iPod+iTunes TV and print ads.

« iTunes 4.7 disables iPodDownload

iPod Photo manifests audio defect »

Comments

Awesome, I am glad to see that people are taking the holiday and making it better with an ipod.

Posted by M Bargo in Chicago, IL on October 31, 2004 at 6:17 PM (PDT)

Wow. That is amazing.

I would call it sad, but I’m too impressed. Somebody has a creative mind.

Posted by Amazed on October 31, 2004 at 8:49 PM (PDT)

hey, he went as an ipod.

i got laid.

Posted by schiano on October 31, 2004 at 9:21 PM (PDT)

I agree with Amazed. It’s pretty damn nerdy, but quite awesome. The display is great, and the Java code is awesome too.

Posted by Awesome-O on October 31, 2004 at 9:29 PM (PDT)

umm when i click on the link to his site, it doesn;t work? has anyone else experienced this?

Posted by Nuke666 in Melbourne, Austalia on November 1, 2004 at 12:17 AM (PDT)

This one is from last year, but I still think it’s the best looking iPod costume ever:

There’s even a slot inside for a soda! (Check out the other pictures.)

Posted by Häakon in California on November 1, 2004 at 2:11 AM (PDT)

Nuke666:  Try this link:

Posted by AndyH in Berwyn, PA on November 1, 2004 at 12:57 PM (PDT)