iPod highlights from Apple’s Q2 financial conference call
MacMinute has listed highlights from Apple’s second quarter financial conference call with analysts and the press. Here is a list of highlights related to the iPod.
- iPod gross margin was 23%
- iPod mini gross margin 20%
- Direct sales of iPods was 42% of total sales
- 12,000 channels offering iPod
- Best Buy continues to be strong player for iPod sales
- Number of iPod mini complaints “extremely small”
- 3G iPod is in reasonable supply/demand
- iPod mini is not in supply/demand balance
- iPod mini demand is “far exceeding supply that we had planned”
- “We will reach a supply/demand balance by fiscal Q4”
- “We will do whatever it takes” to get iPod mini in balance
- Component constraint with iPod mini shortage—not production constraint
- “Very minimal” iPod mini canibalization on iPod sales
- “Vast majority” of iTMS albums are still $9.99
- Recent higher pricing result of labels
- “We are charged a bit more on some albums by the labels”
- HP has already shipped 300,00 desktops with iTunes pre-installed
- “Small profit” from iTunes Music Store
- “Very happy” with Pepsi promo; Expect news closer to 1 year anniversary
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?