iPod highlights from Apple’s Q2 financial conference call
MacMinute has listed highlights from Apple’s second quarter financial conference call with analysts and the press. Here is a list of highlights related to the iPod.
- iPod gross margin was 23%
- iPod mini gross margin 20%
- Direct sales of iPods was 42% of total sales
- 12,000 channels offering iPod
- Best Buy continues to be strong player for iPod sales
- Number of iPod mini complaints “extremely small”
- 3G iPod is in reasonable supply/demand
- iPod mini is not in supply/demand balance
- iPod mini demand is “far exceeding supply that we had planned”
- “We will reach a supply/demand balance by fiscal Q4”
- “We will do whatever it takes” to get iPod mini in balance
- Component constraint with iPod mini shortage—not production constraint
- “Very minimal” iPod mini canibalization on iPod sales
- “Vast majority” of iTMS albums are still $9.99
- Recent higher pricing result of labels
- “We are charged a bit more on some albums by the labels”
- HP has already shipped 300,00 desktops with iTunes pre-installed
- “Small profit” from iTunes Music Store
- “Very happy” with Pepsi promo; Expect news closer to 1 year anniversary
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- FoneFox posts Apple Watch waterproof testing video
- iFixit posts Apple Watch teardown
- Apple posts Apple Watch User Guide
- Apple planning to release new iPod touch later this year?
- Nokia shopping around its Maps division, courting Apple
- Apple Watch pre-orders arriving tomorrow, Apple posts more Guided Tours
- Security flaw opens iOS devices to attack using fake WiFi hotspots
- Security flaw leaves about 1,500 iOS apps vulnerable to attack
- Zagg Pocket Keyboard
- Adonit Jot Script 2
- Rokform Rokfolio Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Parrot Bebop Drone
- Soen Audio Transit XS Wireless Speaker
- Divoom Voombox-party Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Scosche MagicMount XL Dash/Window
- Theo Power Jump + Power Jump Wireless for iPhone 6
- VERT Wearable Fitness Monitor
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?