iPod integration kit for Vespa scooters available | iLounge News

iPod integration kit for Vespa scooters available

imageScooterworks is offering a do-it-yourself iPod integration kit for Vespa Stella and P-series scooter models. The stereo kit includes an iPod cradle and adapter, two 4-inch Alpine speakers with amp, and a replacement glovebox door with pre-cut holes for the speakers. The Vespa kit is priced at $300. [via Engadget]

« Study: iTunes created online video ‘Big Bang’

Mix: Top brands, iFish, MyCityMate, Podtees »

Comments

No support for the Shuffle?

Posted by Joel Pan on January 23, 2006 at 12:03 PM (CST)

Kinda cool, but how long with a hard drive version of an iPod last on a Vespa? Not long. Still, other newer models should work fine. However, between the stupid v-twins with their illegal straight pipes and no mufflers, rice racers and their 2000 watt stereo and ground altering bass, Joe Six-Pack and his 4x4 with off-road tires that make as much noise rice racer’s stereo system, and now Vespa’s with stereo systems, we are all headed into a world where noise pollution abounds.

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on January 23, 2006 at 12:40 PM (CST)

Hey fahrenheipod 451 dont hate cause you cant afford a booming system. keep playing your stock stereo with a surround system by Kraco. it takes serious money to build a decent system. i’ll be damn if i spend a couple thousand on my stereo system and am forced to turn it down cause some yuppie finds it offensive to his delicate ear passages. my mute button on my remote is only reserved for nosy cops. other than that your screwed.

Posted by Mr. Obvious on January 23, 2006 at 2:09 PM (CST)

Mr. Obvious,

I am supporting legislation that will affect nimrods, such as yourself that insist on being self-centered in their own little world thinking that their actions are of no consequence to others and that they are entitled. More power to ya if you lose your hearing even quicker than age warrants, but don’t self-impose your nonsense on others or you’ll soon get a taste of your own medicine. Laws are wonderful as they accomplish great things and are foundations of great societies. You can thank those like you and the v-twin crowd for the new laws making their way through the system. If fact, let me thank you in advance. Also, if you’ve been following some of the newer enforcement technologies your mute button will do you little good. Don’t ya just love tech!? Put your money in investments versus wasting it on a sound system that will soon be illegal. Oh…too late…sorry.

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on January 23, 2006 at 2:26 PM (CST)

I think Weezer said it best…
“If it’s too loud, turn it down.”

Come on. Can’t we all just be friends?

Posted by scoopmichael on January 23, 2006 at 5:29 PM (CST)

...I did some similar in my car.

With an iPod shuffle on my keyholder, 4 speakers, “RCA” Amp and a “P2-RCA” cable.

I can listen my iPod’s songs while I drive and after I park the car!

Posted by Luiz Silveira on January 23, 2006 at 6:10 PM (CST)

Mr. Obvious can no longer be oblivious…heh, heh…

Posted by flatline response on January 23, 2006 at 6:29 PM (CST)

that’d sure look sweet on my PX200, except that the Vespa’s 2 stroke engine is incredibly loud, and that, coupled with the helmet laws here, means a set of earbuds inside my helmet is probably a simpler solution

Posted by Lawrence Mikkelsen in New Zealand on January 23, 2006 at 9:52 PM (CST)

Well well it seems we have a debate going on in here. yeah lets tack up those new laws to the laws i already abide by. like not doing 100 mph and not beating on my female friends. ok just kidding on the wife beating. laws are meant to be broken or was that rules. i forgets. anyways. i was breaking that new so called law way before they even thought of writing one up.  if i can say anything i want as far as free speech goes i should be able to blast my system whenever and wherever i go. sucks for you if your sensitive ears cant handle it. as for me going deaf well yeah i guess i never hear it that loud. im crazy but not stupid. looks like you ran out of sticking points farenwhateveryournameispod.

Posted by Mr. Obvious on January 24, 2006 at 3:45 PM (CST)

Mr. Obvious,

“if i can say anything i want as far as free speech goes i should be able to blast my system whenever and wherever i go. sucks for you if your sensitive ears cant handle it.”

Another bloody fool who has no conception of “freedom” as true freedom entails responsibility and accountable or it is not freedom at all…one day you’ll learn that you are not alone on this planet and that your actions affect others, but as they say, “What goes around, comes around.” Hey, but I love good humor and the, “I can say anything I want…free speech…blah, blah, blah…” made my day. Thanks!

Posted by FahrenheiPod 451 on January 24, 2006 at 5:21 PM (CST)

I can remember in the 80’s, when I was a child (the late 80’s;), people used to put speakers on their vespa just like the pic.
to create sound they used an auto-radio (is this the right word).
Time moves on and now, it’s pretty the same, except you use the Ipod.

I’m in Italy, at that time quite all had a vespa…

ciao
Giggi

Posted by giggi on January 25, 2006 at 3:18 AM (CST)