iPod/iPhone battery poll ends, App rejection poll begins
With more than 3,000 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll — “How would you describe your primary iPod’s or iPhone’s battery life?” has ended. Readers could choose from Click Wheel iPods, iPod touch, and iPhone, with descriptors including “excellent,” “sufficient,” and “too weak,” with an extra option for readers who don’t own any of those models.
iPhone owners were the most vocal out of the readers who voted, comprising 56% of the overall responses. More than half—53%, and 30% of the overall total—described their battery life as too weak. 42% of iPhone owners, or 24% overall, said their iPhone’s battery life was sufficient, while just 5%, or 2% overall, described their iPhone’s battery life as excellent. Among iPod touch owners, nearly half—49%, and 11% of the overall total—said their battery life was sufficient, followed by 34%, or 8% of the overall total, that said their battery was too weak, and 17%, or 4% overall, who said their iPod touch’s battery life was excellent. Click Wheel iPod owners were much happier with their battery life, with 85%—or 17% of the overall total—saying their battery life was either excellent or at least sufficient. Only 15%, or 3% overall, described their Click Wheel iPod’s battery life as too weak. Finally, 2% of respondents said they didn’t own any of those models. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s increasingly confusing string of App Store rejections. We’d like to know if these decisions have affected your opinion of the company. Have they earned your respect, either a lot or a little, or have they caused you to lose respect for the company, either on a small or large scale? Or do you not have an opinion? Our new poll, “Has Apple’s handling of App Store rejections impacted your respect for the company?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Vote today!
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Happy Easter weekend from iLounge!
- Follow our live coverage of today’s Apple event
- Happy Presidents’ Day from iLounge
- Happy New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day from iLounge!
- Cool tips for that new iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Apple TV you found under the tree
- New iPhone pre-orders to start Sept. 9?
- Apple has sold one billion iPhones
- Parkopedia to provide detailed parking information for Apple Maps [Updated]
- Microsoft releases Pix camera app for iPhone
- Adobe launches new Lightroom viewer for Apple TV
- Australian banks team up to push for other mobile payment apps on iPhone
- Report: iPhone 7 may feature 3D Touch home button
- Apple turning ‘Carpool Karaoke’ into an Apple Music exclusive
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2016 earnings call
- Apple Q3 results: $42.4B revenue, 40M iPhones, 10M iPads sold
- Moe Bull Stand for iPad Air 2 + 9.7” iPad Pro
- Netatmo Tags for Welcome Smart Home Camera
- iDevices Socket HomeKit-enabled Light Adapter
- Koogeek Wi-Fi SmartPlug for Apple HomeKit
- Marbotic Smart Letters for iPad
- Ecoxgear Sol Jam Bluetooth Speaker
- Gumdrop Cases DropTech Case + Hand Strap for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Braven BRV-1M Bluetooth Speaker
- Braven BRV-Blade Bluetooth Speaker
- Invoxia Voice Bridge
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app