iPod/iPhone battery poll ends, App rejection poll begins
With more than 3,000 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll — “How would you describe your primary iPod’s or iPhone’s battery life?” has ended. Readers could choose from Click Wheel iPods, iPod touch, and iPhone, with descriptors including “excellent,” “sufficient,” and “too weak,” with an extra option for readers who don’t own any of those models.
iPhone owners were the most vocal out of the readers who voted, comprising 56% of the overall responses. More than half—53%, and 30% of the overall total—described their battery life as too weak. 42% of iPhone owners, or 24% overall, said their iPhone’s battery life was sufficient, while just 5%, or 2% overall, described their iPhone’s battery life as excellent. Among iPod touch owners, nearly half—49%, and 11% of the overall total—said their battery life was sufficient, followed by 34%, or 8% of the overall total, that said their battery was too weak, and 17%, or 4% overall, who said their iPod touch’s battery life was excellent. Click Wheel iPod owners were much happier with their battery life, with 85%—or 17% of the overall total—saying their battery life was either excellent or at least sufficient. Only 15%, or 3% overall, described their Click Wheel iPod’s battery life as too weak. Finally, 2% of respondents said they didn’t own any of those models. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on Apple’s increasingly confusing string of App Store rejections. We’d like to know if these decisions have affected your opinion of the company. Have they earned your respect, either a lot or a little, or have they caused you to lose respect for the company, either on a small or large scale? Or do you not have an opinion? Our new poll, “Has Apple’s handling of App Store rejections impacted your respect for the company?” lets you answer that question. As always, you can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com homepage. Vote today!
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, sign up now
- Apple Watch unboxing gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives on Monday, subscribe now
- iLounge Weekly coming out Monday, subscribe now
- Gear section, Disqus comments added to iLounge
- Report: iOS 9 will bring new security features, improve legacy device support
- Report: Apple’s push for local content may delay Apple’s TV service
- Adobe dropping Photoshop Touch in favor of more focused apps
- Report: Dual app viewing, multiple logins coming to iPad
- Transit coming to Apple Maps in iOS 9?
- Apple and IBM expand MobileFirst apps to Apple Watch
- Report: Pebble facing financial struggles?
- iOS 9 to include new Home app for HomeKit?
- Report: Apple to bring Apple Watch font to iOS 9
- Leak reveals Flow by Outlook, a Microsoft email messaging app for iPhone
- Apple iPhone Lightning Dock
- Witti Notti and Dotti
- PhoneSuit Elite 6 and Elite 6 Pro Battery Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Wren V5US Speaker
- Skech Base for iPad Air 2
- Anova Culinary Precision Cooker
- Phiaton MS 100 BA Earphones
- Olloclip Ollocase for iPhone 6
- AKG Y50 On-Ear Headphones
- Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 SonicPro Over-Ear Headphones
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?
- Why doesn’t my iPhone reconnect to Wi-Fi after I turn it on?
- Why can’t I see the iPad-style landscape view on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Is there a point to having both iCloud Photo Library and iCloud Photo Stream enabled?
- Why can’t I set a longer passcode timeout on my iPhone 6 Plus?
- Can I turn off Message Read Receipts for only some users?
- How do I share one iCloud Photo Library within a family?