iPod, iPhone feature poll ends, App Store content poll begins
With over 2,600 votes from iLounge readers, our latest poll—“Phone calling aside, what’s the most important feature of your iPod or iPhone that you could not live without?”—has ended. Readers could choose between audio or video playback, games, e-mail and web access, other non-game apps, or the camera.
Perhaps signaling a shift in usage patterns for Apple’s portable devices, 45% of readers said e-mail and web access was the most important feature of their iPod or iPhone, followed by audio playback with 36% of the vote. Other non-game apps came in third with 8% of the vote, followed by games with 5%, video playback with 4%, and camera functionality with only 2%. Thanks for all your votes!
Our new poll focuses on sexual content in the App Store—should Apple be banning such content? Should it remove the content altogether, move it into a dedicated “Adult” area, or leave it where it is? Or do you not have an opinion on the matter? Whatever your feelings, our new poll, “Should Apple remove sexual content from the App Store?” lets you answer that question. You can find the iLounge Poll in the left-hand column of the main iLounge.com home page. Vote today!
- iLounge launches CES 2015 Special Edition site
- Happy New Year 2015 from iLounge!
- Happy Holidays from iLounge!
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1 update, adds Notification Center widget
- Chinese Government may require Apple to build ‘back door’ into iPhones
- Notes from Apple’s Q1 2015 earnings call
- Cook: Apple Watch shipping in April
- Apple Q1 2015: Record $74.6B revenue, 74.5M iPhones, 24.4M iPads
- Apple Pay support coming to more vending machines, kiosks, parking meters
- Apple releases iOS 8.1.3
- Apple TV adds 120 Sports channel
- Report: Bank verification methods leave Apple Pay vulnerable to fraud
- Apple filing reveals executive compensation plans, earnings
- Harman Kardon Soho Wireless Headphones
- Odoyo Power+Shell EX Rechargeable Battery Case for iPhone 6
- Patriot Memory Fuel iON Magnetic Charging Case with Charging Pad for iPhone 6
- Lenmar Maven Battery Case for iPhone 6
- STM Studio for iPad Air 2
- VSN Mobil V.360 Camera
- Booq Booqpad for iPad Air 2
- Incipio offGRID Express for iPhone 6
- Incipio Tuxen for iPad Air 2
- Incipio Trestle for iPhone 6 Plus
- How do I get a phone number on iMessage?
- Can I share in-app subscriptions among family members?
- Can I cancel or ‘unsend’ sent iMessages?
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Apple’s HomeKit
- Reorganizing files in the iTunes Media Folder
- Exchange text messages between two iPhones with no cellular data plan
- The Booths of the iProducts Marketplace at CES 2015
- Hands-on with CarPlay at CES 2015
- iLounge announces its CES 2015 Best of Show Awards
- Five Things to Watch for at CES 2015