iPod is a hit in Japan | iLounge News

iPod is a hit in Japan

“The iPod is proving a colossal hit on the Japanese electronics and entertainment giant’s own turf. The tiny white machine is catching on as a fashion statement and turning into a cultural icon in Japan, much the same way it won a fanatic following in the United States.”

« Mac/Windows: PodUtil 2.5 released

Pyrim Technologies announces iTrack iPod Travel Case for 4G iPod »

Comments

of course

Posted by rupert on August 19, 2004 at 10:48 AM (PDT)

yea i think if i lived in japan, i’d get an ipod too… lol

Posted by armless on August 19, 2004 at 11:03 AM (PDT)

I am in Japan and when I went out to buy my ipod, I had a hard time getting one—Yodobashi Camera, an electronics giant in Japan, was completely sold out.  I bought the last iPod (a 40GIGer) at a rival store but I had to travel to get it.  Needless to say, it was worth it!

Posted by hard in Japan on August 19, 2004 at 2:06 PM (PDT)

iPod 40 Gig for $406! It is cheap. I should have asked my friend to buy me one, if I know that this is the price for iPod 40G in Japan. He was there for 2 weeks arrived back home last Friday.

hard, how much did you pay for your 40 Gig iPod? Is $406 for 40G a regular price in J.

Posted by NS on August 19, 2004 at 2:47 PM (PDT)

I paid about 550 for a 40G at Yodobashi in Kawasaki last november or december.

Posted by wayne on August 19, 2004 at 3:28 PM (PDT)

hope that’s not old news.

(you really need broadband to enjoy the above link)

Posted by somas1 on August 19, 2004 at 3:49 PM (PDT)

SWEET JESUS that is a long line!!!!

Posted by armless on August 19, 2004 at 7:20 PM (PDT)

Right now Sony = Furious.

Posted by Jacob on August 20, 2004 at 4:45 PM (PDT)