‘iPod + iTunes Quick Tips’ eBook released | iLounge News

‘iPod + iTunes Quick Tips’ eBook released

By LC Angell

Contributing Editor
Published: Tuesday, December 21, 2004
News Categories: iPod

pic Digimi Publishing today released “iPod + iTunes Quick Tips,” a new $5 eBook packed with “easy, concise and all-around cool tips meant to make your experience with Apple’s digital music duo more fun and more efficient.” The 59-page eBook has 100 tips (95 screenshots) and was written by Larry Angell (MacMinute Editor-in-Chief and iLounge News Editor) and Charles Starrett. The eBook was “written from a Mac-centric point of view, but Windows users should find more than enough tips to make purchasing worthwhile,” according to Digimi. iPod + iTunes Quick Tips shows you how to: receive Podcasts; save music videos and movie trailers from the iTMS; get the most out of your iPod’s battery; make normal AAC files bookmarkable and speed adjustable; be a better DJ with Party Shuffle; use the Firefox web browser to control iTunes; master Playlists and Smart Playlists; copy music from your iPod to your Mac; recover your lost iPod’s serial number; and much more.

« Speck debuts SkinTight iPod Skins for iPod photo

Shuga Buds crystal decorated earphones debut »

Comments

Is it worth the money?

Posted by pctuk in UK on December 21, 2004 at 12:32 PM (PDT)

Yes. I actually learned a few new tips from the book. Good value for the dollar.

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on December 21, 2004 at 3:25 PM (PDT)

I was at MicroCenter today and I think I saw this book there.. maybe I was dreaming.

Posted by kainjow on December 21, 2004 at 3:50 PM (PDT)

Is it Windows friendly?  Or does it just have Mac tips?

Posted by ECJ in New Orleans on December 21, 2004 at 9:39 PM (PDT)

kainjow, you must’ve been dreaming.
for only in dreams do ebooks exist on store shelves…

; )

Posted by mvague on December 22, 2004 at 9:42 AM (PDT)

The tips are useful across both the Mac and Windows versions of iTunes. I think that the “Mac-centric” comment was “just to be safe.”

Posted by Jeremy Horwitz in East Amherst, NY, USA on December 22, 2004 at 10:02 AM (PDT)

I bought this as soon as it was released.  Yes, I think it’s well worth the $5 I shelled out for it.

I’ve had iPods since the very first 5G one and I STILL learned a thing or two.  For someone just getting started with the iPod, this would be very valuable, especially given the low cost and immediate delivery.  Production values on this eBook are comparable to the iPodlounge Buyers Guide—i.e. it includes nice color photos where appropriate and the entire book is pleasing to the eyes.

Go for it! I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

RE: Windows friendliness, I’m not sure what you are looking for… iTunes is feature-identical across both platforms (or at least I think it is) and the iPod is platform agnostic.

The screen shots are clearly OSX.  Like it says in the About section “These tips are mostly written from a Mac-centric point of view, but if you’re a Windows user you’ll still be able to take advantage of many of them.

Posted by mpet on December 24, 2004 at 8:16 AM (PDT)