iPod lost and found - the benefits of registration | iLounge News

iPod lost and found - the benefits of registration

iLounger “vgirla” found an iPod on a flight and decided to use the forums to try and locate the owner. After posting her story and following advice from various members, she contacted Apple and passed them the serial number.

One day later, another iLounge user, “smacryan” claimed ownership of the iPod, and explained that a representative from Apple had called.

“I lost my iPod last Wednesday and I have been trying to trace my steps to figure out where I left it. I called the airline lost & found, the arrival and destination airports, and my hotel. [...] I would not have found it without Apple contacting me today. I did not even think to check any iPod or lost and found sites. I am glad I registered my iPod!!”

The moral of this story: register your iPod with Apple, and if you lose it, check the iLounge forums. This happy ending brought to you by yet another great iLounger - thanks “vgirla.”

« iPod-BMW interface FAQ available

Etymotic announces new 6i Limited Edition Earphones »

Comments

hmm….i have a feeling that is fake…

Posted by cl1o5ud on August 24, 2008 at 3:27 PM (PDT)

I lost my husband’s ipod on a flight October 28, 2008 - from Denver to Houston. If there is anyone out there who cares and might have it, please contact me - or let the airline know so they can contact me. His name is on the back. Thank you!

Posted by lindsayg on November 5, 2008 at 9:18 PM (PDT)

found an ipod on a flight arriving into boise Idaho about 6 months ago from minneapolis. Have been trying to find the owner any info please email me or call at 208-788-3183

Posted by korey adams on November 28, 2008 at 5:25 PM (PDT)

You can register it at Lost-iPod.com.  We did it when we bought my son’s nano 4g from Target.

Posted by Lori on December 17, 2008 at 11:37 PM (PDT)

A ipod found at the Hohenfels High School in Germany around the 5th of Febuary. If you can prove it’s yours write back and I will get it to you ASAP.

Posted by derhund on February 9, 2009 at 1:19 PM (PDT)

Found 2/9/09:
30gb iPod
sn: jo6052jpsz9 (why to they make this so small???)
location: you tell me…hint VA

Posted by Philip on February 9, 2009 at 8:20 PM (PDT)

would anyone that knows how to reach jason kimbourgh ask him to email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
re 8l746zwvymv

Posted by luke rummell on September 21, 2009 at 10:20 AM (PDT)

Does anyone know a way to track a lost ipad? I don’t have mobile me and this was before the software update.
Thanks

Posted by Marc on December 16, 2010 at 4:02 PM (PDT)

Found iPod 0n April 16/11 in Scarborough On in a schoolyard/park in the Birchmount/Kennedy area.Answere with a name.

Posted by Richard on April 23, 2011 at 12:36 PM (PDT)

Page 3 of 3 pages  <  1 2 3