iPod mini 6GB Box Opening Photo Gallery
iLounge is proud to present the new iPod mini 6GB (“1500 songs”) box opening photo gallery, with shots depicting Apple’s new packaging and the very modest cosmetic changes to the rear of the new hardware. Though it may not be fully apparent in the photography, the iPod mini’s new silver packaging uses predominantly metallic ink to represent the color of the iPod inside; blue, green, and pink boxes are also prominently colored with their own identifying tones.
Amusingly, Apple’s external list of disclosures and disclaimers includes the following line regarding the color of the mini’s anodized aluminum casing: “Like a fine pair of jeans, iPod mini colors may vary and may change over time.” The line is apparently a reference to earlier reports of color variations in 4GB iPod minis, particularly in the “pink” units, and the casing’s potential for gradual lightening when exposed to bright light.
What’s changed on the new iPod minis’ backs? They now feature 4GB or 6GB markings, and additional electrical and interference certification seals that did not appear on iPod minis released early last year. Spacing of the Apple and iPod logos has shifted a tiny bit, and the “small print” text at the case’s bottom regrettably no longer uses easy-to-read bold text for the mini’s serial number. On the front Click Wheel, the icons are now indicated in the same colors as the mini’s casing.
Click “Read more” for preview shots, or view the iPod mini 6GB gallery.
- iLounge reader creates all-wood iPod mini, accessories
- iPod mini still a popular choice
- Apple threatens Korean company over iPod knockoffs
- Report: Samsung woos Apple with cheap flash prices
- HP to sell iPod mini
- iPod mini price cut ‘bad news for the competition’
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Report reveals additional details on Apple and BMW talks
- Report: New Apple TV to debut in September, subscription service to come later
- Apple releases second iOS 8.4.1 beta to developers
- Volkswagen adds CarPlay to 2016 lineup
- AT&T wants $100M data throttling fine thrown out
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX
- Zivix Jamstik+ MIDI Guitar Controller
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?