iPod mini autopsy photos | iLounge News

iPod mini autopsy photos

Update: Taking apart the iPod mini report and iPod mini autopsy photos posted.

iLounger Greg K., an industrial designer, has sent us photos of his iPod mini autopsy. Greg will also be describing how he took it apart with information regarding the parts that make up the mini. Stay tuned for his report.

Here’s what Greg had to say about taking apart the mini:

“I do have lots of close up pictures and can take more as the Pod mini looks like it’s not going back together. I am an industrial designer who is use to professionally disassembling things like this and I have never been unable to get something back together. I screwed up on the iPod mini though; big time… twice!  It’s really tightly packaged and very very delicate.”

pic
Click photo for larger version

iPod mini autopsy. Clockwise from top - Hitachi 4GB Microdrive, Li-Ion battery pack, top plastic cap, two tiny screws, LCD display on circuit board (PortalPlayer chip under white label), anodized aluminum shell (Silver) and bottom plastic cap.

View iPod mini autopsy photos

« Thieves target iPod

iPod Art & Concepts galleries launched »

Comments

can you? can you? very important because I’m trying to choose between the iRiver 20GB, the Rio Karma 20GB, the Creative Jukebox Zen NX Extra 60GB and the iPod 20GB… anyone got any ideas?

Posted by jay on April 12, 2004 at 3:56 AM (CDT)

Yes, it can be used as a removable HD.

No, it cannot play WMA files.

Posted by Dennis Lloyd in Irvine, CA on April 12, 2004 at 10:59 AM (CDT)

Thanks Tim!!  Question to Jay….please tell me your not working over here as well from the UK?

Posted by FoxyUKLady on April 13, 2004 at 4:00 PM (CDT)

Hi there, thought this post may come in handy for Jay although you all know this the New iTunes 4.5 now converts Windows Media Audio Files to iTunes compatibility, therefore Jay can convert all his music to be compatible with an iPod.  So, short answer, get the new iTunes and buy an IPOD yayyyy

Posted by Morgan on May 1, 2004 at 1:25 PM (CDT)

Who made the Ipod mini, it wasn’t Jonathon Ive

Posted by Theo on May 12, 2004 at 6:14 PM (CDT)

Posted by TonyD on May 13, 2004 at 11:43 AM (CDT)

“The new version of itunes can convert WMA files to formats that will play on the ipod.”

Great. About time Apple caught up!

You have been able to do this with WinAmp, VirtualLAN, and Media Center for the past year or more.

Posted by About Time on May 13, 2004 at 12:00 PM (CDT)

I Just got my i pod mini, and it looked as if i couldn’t import songs i already had on the computer to the ipod mini exept CD’s. so i tried to update it and download existing music i have on real player for the ipod which realplayer said coul update, now all i see besides the apple and the do not unplug is an folder with an exclamation mark. i dont know what to do

Posted by vonfab on May 15, 2004 at 12:44 AM (CDT)

I have a problem. I just got my ipod over the past weekend. This morning, when I woke up, I went to turn it on and nothing happened. It does not respond to anything. When I plug it into the adapter to be charged, nothing appears on the screen. The same goes for when I plug it into the usb cable for updating.

Posted by Tyler on May 17, 2004 at 4:03 PM (CDT)

I assume that it is a mini you got. That happened to me once. I just pressed the center button along with the menu button. Held it until the apple logo appeared and mini started back up again.

Posted by rustyboy on May 19, 2004 at 2:00 PM (CDT)

i just got the ipod, can’t wait to start downloading.
:-)

Posted by chamia on May 21, 2004 at 11:39 AM (CDT)

does the mini ipod have a the same colur backlight as the normal ipod

Posted by rude boi on August 29, 2004 at 5:42 AM (CDT)

MINI LCD needed

I’ve got a mini in pieces and I need a new LCD - any chance someone can guide to a seller of a screen - i.e. one that doesn’t charge more for the LCD than the mini cost new.

Posted by markkee on July 8, 2005 at 11:21 AM (CDT)

Hello,

How do I reconnect the white plastic socket that I broke off the board: the clickwheel plugs into it.

Can you help?

Adrian in cold London

Posted by Adrian on January 31, 2006 at 1:28 PM (CST)

u are all fucking little gay fucking cunts,
hoo r fucking little fucking nerds get a fuckinglife u fucking dick licker

Posted by u fucking suck cock on March 15, 2006 at 6:24 AM (CST)

u are all gay fuckingcunts hoo are the biggest fuckingq nerdse ever u can shove ur dick in the fuckiing hard drives and cum on the fucking5 screen u fuckin nerds ill fucking kill you if i find out ho u fuckingare u fuckingd fagets ecsepcially u GREG K ill rip your Fuckingg dick off

Posted by nerd hater on March 15, 2006 at 6:30 AM (CST)

Page 3 of 3 pages  < 1 2 3

Please enter the word you see in the image below: