iPod mini comes with iPod mini software 1.0 (and other notes)
The iPod mini does not use the same software as the iPod itself. iPod mini uses iPod mini Software 1.0. iPod Software 1.3 cannot be installed on iPod mini. iPod software 2.0 CAN be installed on an iPod mini, but when you turn the iPod mini on, you will receive a screen with a folder and exclamation mark. This can be fixed by using the iPod mini Software 1.0 installer to reinstall the iPod mini Software.
Several other noteworthy items about the iPod mini include, “The transfer speed of the hard drive on iPod mini is slower than that of the iPod (with Dock Connect) model’s hard drive.” Apple says the following about this issue, “iPod mini uses a new, very small hard drive. This new hard drive does not have the same transfer rate as the hard drive used in other iPod models. The slower speed is expected and normal.”
As some of you already know, the iPod mini does not support the Belkin card reader, Belkin Voice Recorder, or Belkin battery pack.
If you plug any of these devices into an iPod mini you will get the following message, “The currently attached accessory is not supported by this iPod.”
Apple informs service providers of the following solution, “iPod mini does not support a card reader or a microphone. If a customer wishes to have these features they need to purchase an iPod (with Dock Connector) model. If the customers push, agents should reiterate that iPod mini is a product focused on music, and not to make further comments about why the product does not support these devices.”
One final note about the iPod mini, “The iPod mini Dock has features similar to the iPod Dock. The only difference is the Dock cover on the iPod mini Dock is shaped to fit iPod mini.”
- iLounge reader creates all-wood iPod mini, accessories
- iPod mini still a popular choice
- Apple threatens Korean company over iPod knockoffs
- Report: Samsung woos Apple with cheap flash prices
- HP to sell iPod mini
- iPod mini price cut ‘bad news for the competition’
- AT&T opens up Wi-Fi calling for iPhone
- Battery impact of Samsung vs TSMC A9 chips overestimated? (Update: Apple response)
- Apple TV, iPad Pro to be sold online in late October, in stores early November?
- iBooks adds exclusive enhanced editions of Harry Potter series
- Report: Barclays to launch Apple Pay support in the UK early next year
- Apple reveals Beats Pill+ speaker
- Antitrust monitor: Apple is ‘its own worst enemy’
- Report: Apple holding $181.1 billion in offshore tax havens
- Apple releases fourth iOS 9.1 beta, third tvOS beta to developers
- Apple taking reservations for new iPhones in six European countries
- Griffin Survivor Journey and Survivor Summit for iPhone 6/6s
- Parrot Jumping Night and Jumping Race Drones
- Trident Case Aegis Pro Case for iPhone 6/6s
- Scosche boomBOTTLE+ Waterproof Wireless Speaker
- Just Mobile Quattro Folio for iPhone 6s
- X-Doria Defense Lux for iPhone 6s/6
- Spigen Perfect Armor for iPhone 6s, Slim/Tough Armor for iPhone 6s Plus
- Spigen Neo Hybrid / Carbon / EX + Ultra Hybrid for iPhone 6s/6s Plus
- Speck CandyShell Clear and CandyShell Inked Jonathan Adler for iPhone 6/6s
- BenQ treVolo Bluetooth Portable Electrostatic Speaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.0
- Under the Radar: A closer look at smaller iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus changes
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?