iPod mini comes with iPod mini software 1.0 (and other notes)
The iPod mini does not use the same software as the iPod itself. iPod mini uses iPod mini Software 1.0. iPod Software 1.3 cannot be installed on iPod mini. iPod software 2.0 CAN be installed on an iPod mini, but when you turn the iPod mini on, you will receive a screen with a folder and exclamation mark. This can be fixed by using the iPod mini Software 1.0 installer to reinstall the iPod mini Software.
Several other noteworthy items about the iPod mini include, “The transfer speed of the hard drive on iPod mini is slower than that of the iPod (with Dock Connect) model’s hard drive.” Apple says the following about this issue, “iPod mini uses a new, very small hard drive. This new hard drive does not have the same transfer rate as the hard drive used in other iPod models. The slower speed is expected and normal.”
As some of you already know, the iPod mini does not support the Belkin card reader, Belkin Voice Recorder, or Belkin battery pack.
If you plug any of these devices into an iPod mini you will get the following message, “The currently attached accessory is not supported by this iPod.”
Apple informs service providers of the following solution, “iPod mini does not support a card reader or a microphone. If a customer wishes to have these features they need to purchase an iPod (with Dock Connector) model. If the customers push, agents should reiterate that iPod mini is a product focused on music, and not to make further comments about why the product does not support these devices.”
One final note about the iPod mini, “The iPod mini Dock has features similar to the iPod Dock. The only difference is the Dock cover on the iPod mini Dock is shaped to fit iPod mini.”
- iLounge reader creates all-wood iPod mini, accessories
- iPod mini still a popular choice
- Apple threatens Korean company over iPod knockoffs
- Report: Samsung woos Apple with cheap flash prices
- HP to sell iPod mini
- iPod mini price cut ‘bad news for the competition’
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Report: Apple behind San Francisco ‘mystery event’ in early September
- Taiwan court rules Samsung used stolen trade secrets to make A9 chip
- Apple loses German patent lawsuit over slide-to-unlock feature
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- Wirelessky iStand 6 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?