iPod mini worldwide July 24, iTunes EU hits 1.5m | iLounge News

iPod mini worldwide July 24, iTunes EU hits 1.5m

By Jeremy Horwitz

Editor-in-Chief, iLounge
Published: Wednesday, July 7, 2004
News Categories: iPod mini

With an expected delivery/on-sale date of July 24, 2004, Apple has announced that it is now taking iPod mini pre-orders from customers across the world. Prices for the iPod mini differ by territory, and are as follows (including tax):

Continental Europe: 279 Euros (259-269 in certain countries, inc. Germany and Austria)
United Kingdom: 179 Pounds.
Japan: 28,140 Yen (26,800 Yen pre-tax).
Australia: A$399.
Canada: C$349 including the $15 Blank Media Levy, but excluding VAT.
Singapore: S$458 (excluding rebates).
Hong Kong: HK$1,900.

Of special interest: At current exchange rates, the pre-tax Japanese and non-tax Hong Kong prices for the iPod mini are actually slightly lower than the current American retail price, whereas other territories are receiving the mini at a slight premium. iPod mini ordering options and prices for mainland China, India, Latin America, Mexico and South Korea were not yet available.

Each iPod mini will include headphones, a power adapter, a belt clip, FireWire and USB 2.0 cables, and iTunes 4.6 for Mac and Windows. The same five colors (silver, blue, green, pink, and gold) previously introduced will be available internationally.

In a related story, Apple has announced the combined sale of over 1.5 million songs through its European iTunes Music Stores (U.K., France and Germany) since its launch on June 15, 2004. The rate of sales is slightly lower than the initial launch of the iTMS for United States-based Macintosh customers in April of 2003, following which two million songs had been sold by the 16th day of operations. Canadian, Latin American and Asia-Pacific region launches of the iTunes Music Store have not yet been announced.

« 100MilCounter for Mac released

AudioOutfitters announces earPod »

Comments

Yeah… Now I know how the Americans felt when Apple first priced the Mini against the 15Gb iPod.

I’m going to find it so hard to respect anyone who walks down Swanston St flaunting a Mini.

Posted by Redux on July 7, 2004 at 8:24 PM (PDT)

I was excited about the mini, but not now, probably just wait for a Palm OS device with 1.0 inch hard drive. .. I reply back on e-mail from Apple saying how about Aus$375? I guess we have to tell Apple for the right price of ipod mini.

Posted by NS on July 7, 2004 at 8:56 PM (PDT)

Does anyone know the name of the song played in the new ipod video??

Posted by Jan on July 8, 2004 at 1:25 AM (PDT)

“Walkie Talkie Man” by Steriogram

I bought the album.

Posted by hellodoggie on July 8, 2004 at 6:01 AM (PDT)

Just buy the mini from amazon. You get much better value. On amazon its about 249$. = 200E. Forget 279E. Thats a rip-off

Posted by Ali on July 9, 2004 at 3:07 AM (PDT)

How do you want to buy the Ipod in the states as European without paying any taxes
that is the one and only Problem.
if i take all the taxes off i qould pay about 200
but in this country i have to pay them so it will be 237 for me.
shipping included.
try that wehn you order in the States from Europe.

Posted by Jan on July 10, 2004 at 11:24 AM (PDT)

Bloody hell! 400 aussie dollars! I’m going down the street to get myself a 15g ipod with the usb cable for $450 tommorow. I was expecting a price of 350-375. I feel so violated :(

Posted by Nick on July 11, 2004 at 1:14 AM (PDT)

i’m getting a mini her in AU and i’ll pay $400 cause thats how much they gona be why do people compare the 15g with the mini those 1” HDs are a lot more expensive than the 2.5” HDs in the OG pods whats the deal it’s like $25-$50 and you wont have warnity issues with one brought at home… buy one online and check the postage cost!!! for gods sake $25 is ONE round of drinks in any bar in sydney….

Posted by sugarkane on July 11, 2004 at 1:45 AM (PDT)

What is your problem with 400 Au$
that is about 232
and that ist far beyond the price non students pay in Europe

you cant get near the US price!!!
and a Difference of 32 should not be the problem i think

Posted by Jan on July 12, 2004 at 3:03 AM (PDT)

I ordered my mini-ipdod (blue) last week, as soon as it was announced in the UK, according to order tracking on the AppleUK site it will be shipped on or before the 5th of August.  It’s costing me 179, about 40 more than the yanks are paying, but thats still 70 less than the original asking price that we were all expecting.  I do hope that I won’t be waiting much longer than that, as I think it’s a bloody cheek that we have all had to wait 5 months longer than you guys in the USA.  We have people on ebay doing stupid pyramid selling style scams over here, and also buying from America bringing them back here and then putting them on ebay for 200, 300, even 400!  SCUM!

Posted by c_milner on July 12, 2004 at 3:10 AM (PDT)

oh, and what colour is everyone else getting?  And does anyone know what the most popular colours are?

Posted by c_milner on July 12, 2004 at 3:11 AM (PDT)

I can’t wait whem the ipod mini comes to Holland.The life is boring without a Ipod

Posted by martin on July 12, 2004 at 7:02 AM (PDT)

Next stop, USA!

I can’t wait until the minis start shipping here in the U.S. I just checked my estimated ship date on Amazon ... Oct. 25!

Notice to Euro-iPod fetishists: I hate to rain on your parade (What colour are you getting? Gould!), but if I were you I wouldn’t eBay that Discman just yet!

Posted by jh on July 12, 2004 at 9:47 PM (PDT)

Why ebay ist wehn it ships here in 11 Days.

Posted by Jan on July 12, 2004 at 10:35 PM (PDT)

JH - Discman?  what’s that?
Small is beautiful, I’ve been using dinky mp3 players and minidiscs for ages.  Never owned a discman - far too cumbersome, that’s why I think the mini-ipod is the coolest thing I have ever seen!

You are waiting for October? That sux!  I just hope my ship date is realistic, and they had better not touch my money until it has shipped!

Posted by c_milner on July 13, 2004 at 3:33 AM (PDT)

Yeah
my ipod mini has been Shipped today at 8 am
from the Netherlands so it should be here tomorrow!!

Posted by Jan on July 22, 2004 at 9:44 AM (PDT)

I LOVE IT

Posted by Jan on July 28, 2004 at 1:57 AM (PDT)

I bought an Ipod 4 just $100 it was such a great deal.Im so HAPPY.

Posted by GG on September 15, 2004 at 4:28 PM (PDT)

anyone no where i can get one for $100

Posted by wholesale price in florida on February 1, 2005 at 3:25 PM (PDT)

Page 2 of 2 pages  <  1 2