iPod mini worldwide July 24, iTunes EU hits 1.5m
With an expected delivery/on-sale date of July 24, 2004, Apple has announced that it is now taking iPod mini pre-orders from customers across the world. Prices for the iPod mini differ by territory, and are as follows (including tax):
Continental Europe: 279 Euros (259-269 in certain countries, inc. Germany and Austria)
United Kingdom: 179 Pounds.
Japan: 28,140 Yen (26,800 Yen pre-tax).
Canada: C$349 including the $15 Blank Media Levy, but excluding VAT.
Singapore: S$458 (excluding rebates).
Hong Kong: HK$1,900.
Of special interest: At current exchange rates, the pre-tax Japanese and non-tax Hong Kong prices for the iPod mini are actually slightly lower than the current American retail price, whereas other territories are receiving the mini at a slight premium. iPod mini ordering options and prices for mainland China, India, Latin America, Mexico and South Korea were not yet available.
Each iPod mini will include headphones, a power adapter, a belt clip, FireWire and USB 2.0 cables, and iTunes 4.6 for Mac and Windows. The same five colors (silver, blue, green, pink, and gold) previously introduced will be available internationally.
In a related story, Apple has announced the combined sale of over 1.5 million songs through its European iTunes Music Stores (U.K., France and Germany) since its launch on June 15, 2004. The rate of sales is slightly lower than the initial launch of the iTMS for United States-based Macintosh customers in April of 2003, following which two million songs had been sold by the 16th day of operations. Canadian, Latin American and Asia-Pacific region launches of the iTunes Music Store have not yet been announced.
- iLounge reader creates all-wood iPod mini, accessories
- iPod mini still a popular choice
- Apple threatens Korean company over iPod knockoffs
- Report: Samsung woos Apple with cheap flash prices
- HP to sell iPod mini
- iPod mini price cut ‘bad news for the competition’
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Report: iPhone 6 to feature NFC mobile payments
- Report: Apple to unveil iWatch with new iPhones on September 9
- iPhone 6 parts leak reveals front panel variation
- Bloomberg: Apple now plans 12.9” iPad for early 2015
- More new Apple TV channels: SVT Play in Sweden, NRK in Norway
- Showtime Anytime channel comes to Apple TV
- LA Unified School District suspends iPad contract
- iTunes Festival channel returns to Apple TV
- Apple launches iPhone 5 battery replacement program
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Pac-Man Friends
- Grace Digital Ecostone Bluetooth Speaker
- Awesome Cables 6ft Braided Awesome Cable
- ZeroChroma Folio-Slide for iPad Air
- Juno Labs Juno Power HUE Pro
- Parrot Minidrone Jumping Sumo
- Parrot Minidrone Rolling Spider
- Stem Innovation Izon View
- Zivix PUC Wireless MIDI Link
- IK Multimedia iRig Voice
- Ten One Design Magnus Air
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today