iPod nano 2G autopsy photos posted | iLounge News

iPod nano 2G autopsy photos posted

By Jeremy Horwitz

Editor-in-Chief, iLounge
Published: Wednesday, September 13, 2006
News Categories: iPod nano

image

In addition to our other coverage of the second-generation iPod nano, iLounge has just posted a complete disassembly / autopsy photo gallery with more than 25 pictures of the new nano’s innards. Visit the iPod nano (second-generation) disassembly gallery here and let us know what you think!

« Apple moves into No. 5 spot among U.S. music resellers

Mophie unveils case for 2G nano, opens up development »

Comments

Looks like a 2 or 4 gig one? Am wondering if there’s any real difference between the innards of the 4gig ones and of the 8gig… I very much want a green 8gig nano, if they’re identical inside maybe some transplant surgery is in order…

Posted by TB on September 13, 2006 at 5:11 PM (PDT)

TB, the dimensions of the case are the same sizes for both so you could always just swap your black case with someone elses green case instead of transplanting any of the electrical stuff.

So does anyone know if the battery is soldered on like it was on the first gen. nanos?  It doesnt look like it from the pictures, can anyone confirm?

Posted by matt on September 13, 2006 at 9:29 PM (PDT)

The question is, how easy is it to get apart and put back together?

Posted by countach747 on September 14, 2006 at 12:10 AM (PDT)

“The question is, how easy is it to get apart and put back together?”

It couldnt be that hard considering how quickly ilounge did it.  Its probably about as difficult as it was on the mini.

Posted by matt on September 14, 2006 at 10:53 AM (PDT)

DOES ANYONE KNOWS IF THE SEARCH FEATURE WORKS WITH 5TH GEN IPOD VIDEO, I HAVE ONE BUT I DONT KNOW IF ITS ONLY A SOFTWARE UPDTAE OR ONLY COMES WITH THE NEW LINE???

Posted by WWEMX on September 14, 2006 at 11:28 AM (PDT)

The assembly looks simple enough, if you’re careful it should be easy to put back together again.
My bet is that the battery is soldered again, bit poo but I could’ve replaced either. Now there’s no HDD to fail on me, I intend to have my 8gb nano for ages.

Posted by Liam on September 18, 2006 at 7:47 AM (PDT)

How the hell should I take off the Click Wheel Heaphone Jack Module , what steps do I need to follow??

Posted by gabriel on May 24, 2007 at 12:30 PM (PDT)