iPod nano 7G torn down, 220 mAh battery inside
iFixit has completed its teardown of the seventh-generation iPod nano, discovering that the device contains a 220 mAh battery, a Texas Instruments touchscreen controller, and 16 GB of Toshiba NAND flash. The previous generation nano had a 105 mAh battery, which is to say that the new battery has over twice the capacity—though also a much larger screen to power. Many components within the new nano are soldered to the logic board, including the battery, Lightning connector, and volume controls.
A plastic opening tool and Phillips screwdriver are all that are needed to open the new 1.1-ounce nano. The device earned a 5 out of 10 repairability score from iFixit, which means it’s easier to repair than the fifth-generation iPod touch, which earned a score of 3.
- Apple intros space gray iPod touch, nano, shuffle
- Apple selling refurb seventh-gen iPod nano
- Apple releases software update 1.0.2 for 7th-gen iPod nano
- HardCandy Cases debuts new Nano Clip
- Apple releases iPod nano 7G software 1.0.1
- iPod nano 7G unboxing, comparison gallery posted
- iLounge Weekly arrives Monday, sign up now
- Apple retail stores to have very limited Apple Watch stock
- Apple quietly acquiring companies to improve cloud services?
- Apple planning to release three iPhone models this year?
- Report reveals more details on Apple’s upcoming music service
- Apple adds CNNgo channel to Apple TV
- Apple acquires database company FoundationDB
- Apple releases iOS 8.3 beta 4
- Apple adds Tastemade, TED, Young Hollywood channels to Apple TV
- Source: Italian prosecutors wrap up Apple tax probe
- OORT SmartFinder, SmartLED + SmartSocket
- RooCase Exec Tough for iPhone 6 Plus
- Pronto Smart Remote System
- iWalk Extreme Spartan
- EnerPlex Surfr for iPhone 6
- IK Multimedia iRig 2 Guitar Interface
- PowerSkin Pop’n 3 for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Coogobox Symphony Dock for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- PowerSkin Spare for iPhone 6
- Chil Attraction Jacket for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Can I turn off the app icons that appear in the bottom corner on the lock screen?
- Why do I have two separate conversations with the same person in Messages?
- Can I transfer the existing version of an app to my new iPhone?
- How do I quickly erase all of the contacts on my old iPhone?
- How do I disassociate my phone number from iMessage?
- How do I stop Siri from randomly waking up?
- How do I cancel a print job on iOS?
- How do I make my camera LED flash when my iPhone rings?
- How do I re-sync contacts to my vehicle after switching to a new iPhone?
- How do I move away from a shared Apple ID for iMessage?