iPod nano 7G torn down, 220 mAh battery inside
iFixit has completed its teardown of the seventh-generation iPod nano, discovering that the device contains a 220 mAh battery, a Texas Instruments touchscreen controller, and 16 GB of Toshiba NAND flash. The previous generation nano had a 105 mAh battery, which is to say that the new battery has over twice the capacity—though also a much larger screen to power. Many components within the new nano are soldered to the logic board, including the battery, Lightning connector, and volume controls.
A plastic opening tool and Phillips screwdriver are all that are needed to open the new 1.1-ounce nano. The device earned a 5 out of 10 repairability score from iFixit, which means it’s easier to repair than the fifth-generation iPod touch, which earned a score of 3.
- iPod touch, nano, and shuffle color comparison photos
- Apple unveils new iPod touch, new nano and shuffle colors
- Apple intros space gray iPod touch, nano, shuffle
- Apple selling refurb seventh-gen iPod nano
- Apple releases software update 1.0.2 for 7th-gen iPod nano
- HardCandy Cases debuts new Nano Clip
- Apple Music added to T-Mobile’s Music Freedom
- Report: Apple Music hits 10M subscribers
- Apple Maps vans landing in France, Sweden in August
- Report: Slimmer iPad mini 4 on the way, upgraded iPad Air 3 a possibility
- Beijing police bust massive iPhone counterfeiting operation
- Report: Apple interested in BMW i3 as ‘starting point’ for its own car
- Nike to offer customers cash in proposed FuelBand settlement
- Apple Watch coming to Best Buy on August 7
- iLounge Weekly coming Monday, subscribe now
- Apple pulls Nest from its stores
- Ulak Lumenair for iPhone 6
- Apple iPod touch (Sixth-Generation)
- Ventev Powercell 3015c and Powercell 6000+
- Bowers & Wilkins P5 Wireless Headphones
- IK Multimedia iRig Mic Studio
- iClever Apple Watch Charging Stand
- TempTraq Wearable Bluetooth Thermometer
- JBL Clip+ Bluetooth Speaker
- Monk Magnet Wallet Case for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Just Mobile TimeStand for Apple Watch
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?