iPod nano screen complaints abound
Apple’s iPod nano may be receiving rave reviews, but a slew of nano owners are complaining about the device’s screen getting scratched too easily. Apple’s support forum contains several hundred postings discussing the flaw, with some claiming that their nano’s screen is unreadable because of the scratches. The majority of nano owners made it clear that the device was not treated badly and said pockets, fingernails and soft cloths all caused extreme scuffing.
“I don’t really care if the case on my Nano gets scratched but my screen has scratched up so badly that all the images are starting to become distorted,” one nano owner wrote. “I have only carried it in my small pocket in my shorts and nothing is in there to scratch it. I still can’t figure how the screen looks like it has been rubbed with sandpaper when the entire time it has been safe in my pocket (with absolutely no items).”
Meanwhile, one dissatisfied nano owner has set up FlawedMusicPlayer.com (formerly iPodNanoFlaw.com) to chronicle what he calls an “Apple design flaw” with the nano screen. The person said the screen on his nano unexpectedly cracked after carrying it in his pocket for a short time. He said the player was not subjected to any abuse.
“The iPod Nano is not really to be used. It is way too fragile,” he writes on the site. “Apple markets it in a pocket. Hell, Steve Jobs himself pulls it out of his when he announces it. My Nano broke on day 4. The screen that is. It shattered. It was in my pocket as I was walking and I sat down. No, I didn’t sit on it, it was just in my pocket just as all iPod’s before it have done, and my cell phone, which also has a screen on the outside, does. This is what they were meant to do. That’s why they make them pocket size.”
In what can be considered more than just a coincidence, several iLoungers report that iPodResQ has raised the price of its iPod nano LCD screen replacement service from $99 to $145. “We are experiencing a temporary price increase on the nano LCD repair due to LCD availability and overwhelming demand,” the company states on its website.
- iPod touch, nano, and shuffle color comparison photos
- Apple unveils new iPod touch, new nano and shuffle colors
- Apple intros space gray iPod touch, nano, shuffle
- Apple selling refurb seventh-gen iPod nano
- Apple releases software update 1.0.2 for 7th-gen iPod nano
- iPod nano 7G torn down, 220 mAh battery inside
- Apple to drop first-gen Apple TV, iPod classic support as of Sept 8th
- New Apple TV to feature motion sensitive remote
- Media companies balk at $40/mo. plan for Apple TV service
- Former Beats Music CEO Ian Rogers leaves Apple
- Apple partners with PayAnywhere for Apple Pay
- Report: iPhone 6S to retain 16GB base model
- Apple sends out invites to September 9 event
- iPhone 6S to get front flash mode? (Update: Rose Gold color on the way)
- Report: iPhone 6S to support Motion wallpapers
- Rumor: iPhone 6S Plus to have smaller battery, packaging revealed?
- Tech21 Evo Mesh Sport for iPhone 6 and Evo Elite for iPhone 6 Plus
- Thonet & Vander Koloss Bluetooth Speaker
- iHome iSP5 SmartPlug
- Spigen Apple Watch Nightstand S350
- DODOcase Lorna iPhone Wallet Case for iPhone 6 Plus
- SwitchEasy Blocks Customizable Dock Building Set for Apple Watch
- DODOcase Maritime Collection Multi-Angle Case for iPad Air 2
- Kanex iPhone ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus
- Onanoff Sound Cover for iPad Air + iPad Air 2
- Native Union Clic 360 for iPhone 6
- A First Look at iOS 9’s Transit in Apple Maps (Updated for watchOS 2)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 12.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.4 + Apple Music
- CE Week 2015: IK Multimedia, Monowear’s Apple Watch bands + More
- Live From CE Week 2015: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- Opinion: The ‘Grand Experiment’ of shifting to Google Photos
- Will removing a credit card from Safari also remove it from Apple Pay?
- Can I mute Handoff calls coming into my Mac from my iPhone?
- How do I keep my iPhone calls from ringing on my Mac?
- Why doesn’t Traffic show up on my Today Notifications Screen?