iPod nano screen complaints abound
Apple’s iPod nano may be receiving rave reviews, but a slew of nano owners are complaining about the device’s screen getting scratched too easily. Apple’s support forum contains several hundred postings discussing the flaw, with some claiming that their nano’s screen is unreadable because of the scratches. The majority of nano owners made it clear that the device was not treated badly and said pockets, fingernails and soft cloths all caused extreme scuffing.
“I don’t really care if the case on my Nano gets scratched but my screen has scratched up so badly that all the images are starting to become distorted,” one nano owner wrote. “I have only carried it in my small pocket in my shorts and nothing is in there to scratch it. I still can’t figure how the screen looks like it has been rubbed with sandpaper when the entire time it has been safe in my pocket (with absolutely no items).”
Meanwhile, one dissatisfied nano owner has set up FlawedMusicPlayer.com (formerly iPodNanoFlaw.com) to chronicle what he calls an “Apple design flaw” with the nano screen. The person said the screen on his nano unexpectedly cracked after carrying it in his pocket for a short time. He said the player was not subjected to any abuse.
“The iPod Nano is not really to be used. It is way too fragile,” he writes on the site. “Apple markets it in a pocket. Hell, Steve Jobs himself pulls it out of his when he announces it. My Nano broke on day 4. The screen that is. It shattered. It was in my pocket as I was walking and I sat down. No, I didn’t sit on it, it was just in my pocket just as all iPod’s before it have done, and my cell phone, which also has a screen on the outside, does. This is what they were meant to do. That’s why they make them pocket size.”
In what can be considered more than just a coincidence, several iLoungers report that iPodResQ has raised the price of its iPod nano LCD screen replacement service from $99 to $145. “We are experiencing a temporary price increase on the nano LCD repair due to LCD availability and overwhelming demand,” the company states on its website.
- Apple intros space gray iPod touch, nano, shuffle
- Apple selling refurb seventh-gen iPod nano
- Apple releases software update 1.0.2 for 7th-gen iPod nano
- iPod nano 7G torn down, 220 mAh battery inside
- HardCandy Cases debuts new Nano Clip
- Apple releases iPod nano 7G software 1.0.1
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Happy Thanksgiving 2014 from iLounge!
- Apps of the Week: The Longest Journey Remastered, Facebook Groups, Dropbox 3.5.2 + Runkeeper 5.1
- Apple highlights more Apple Watch info
- Verizon sponsoring ad-free listening to all U.S. iTunes Radio users
- Microsoft, Yahoo hope to replace Google for Safari default search?
- T-Mobile required to fully disclose throttled data speeds
- Steve Jobs biopic picked up by Universal, Fassbender to star
- Handbrake updated to 0.10, adds new encoders + more
- Report: ‘Deep Organizational Issues’ at Apple affecting iCloud progress
- Apple announces Product(RED) Gift Cards for Black Friday
- Verus Case Damda Slide for iPhone 6 Plus
- Heckler Design @Rest Stand for iPad (2014)
- Kerf Case Wood Cases for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Urban Armor Gear Folio for iPhone 6 Plus
- ZeroChroma FluxStand-Compatible Car Vent Mount + Reflective Armband
- Griffin Slim Folio and Survivor All-Terrain for iPad Air 2
- ZeroChroma Slide-Mount Combo Pack for iPad Folio-Slide Cases
- G-Project G-Go Outdoor Wireless Speaker (2014)
- SteelSeries Stratus XL Gaming Controller
- Belkin/Jarden Mr. Coffee 10-Cup Smart Coffeemaker
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.1
- An Easy Guide To Setting Up + Using Apple Pay In iOS 8.1
- Ten Things You Didn’t Know About iPad Air 2 + iPad mini 3
- Mind The Gap: What’s iPad’s Role In An iPhone 6 (Plus) World?
- Editorial: Why I Switched To T-Mobile (And You Might, Too)
- The Early Guide To Apple Watch Apps
- iLounge’s Top iPhone 6 + iPhone 6 Plus Case Picks (Fall 2014)
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 8.0
- Multi-Editorial: On Apple’s iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus + Apple Watch
- What’s New In Apple TV 7.0