iPod nightclub coming to London | iLounge News

iPod nightclub coming to London

A new London nighclub called Playlist is claiming to be “London’s First iPod Music Club” (NoWax started back in September 2003) is launching Saturday, August 7 at the Nambucca club on Holloway Road. The press release reads: You are the DJ. Bring your favourite 15-minute playlist on an iPod or other digital music player and play your songs, first come, first served. The best DJs win prizes from Belkin…

“Playlist celebrates digital diversity. It’s all about the music, not the genre. The principle is simple: if you want to share your music, just turn up, sign in and play out. If you want to judge other people’s music, turn up, sign up and speak out. If you simply want to party, just turn up, tune in, dance it out.

« Alpine iPod interface info posted

3 in 1 FireWire Travel Kit for iPod announced »

Comments

man those slogans are korny!!!!!:>

Posted by BIGP in Texas on July 9, 2004 at 11:00 AM (CDT)

And the UK is jealous of us?!?

TC

Posted by supercarrot900 on July 9, 2004 at 11:22 AM (CDT)

Dumbest idea involving ipods ever.

Posted by Scot on July 9, 2004 at 5:27 PM (CDT)

thats sh!t

Posted by amh on July 9, 2004 at 6:09 PM (CDT)

I don’t know about you guys, but I use my iPod to get away from the crap music that other people seem to think is good.

Posted by dethbrakr on July 9, 2004 at 6:43 PM (CDT)

dethbrakr, agreed

Posted by GTS_300kw on July 10, 2004 at 1:16 AM (CDT)

I agree to

Posted by Robert Keys on July 10, 2004 at 1:34 AM (CDT)

But, then again, most people who have iPods love music, and usually “real” music lovers like decent music.

Posted by troubadour on July 10, 2004 at 1:48 AM (CDT)

Seems.. slighty sad. I still would be corny enough to go if it was near me tho lol.. *hangs head in shame*

Posted by Sypher on July 10, 2004 at 7:37 AM (CDT)

deathbrakr, although I wouldn’t ever go as I can see music in other places. Surely if thats what you think, all the people going are thinking the same thing. Thus rendering your comment completely useless, or rendering you completely hipocritical?

However, not going because of the fact that they use iPods is a bit of a rubbish reason…

“hey john, you fancy going to that new club?”

“nah, i heard they use CDs, thats too much for me man, I heard CDs have shit music on them”

Posted by silver_haze20 on July 10, 2004 at 8:01 AM (CDT)

RE:  silver_haze20

all the people going are thinking the same thing

noted above:
crap music that other people seem to think is good.

So, based on your (albeit awkward) wording, because I don’t like what the majority of the crowd likes then other people don’t like what the majority of the crowd likes either? Or is the majority not the majority?  Or..what? Or were you being hypocritical to make that comment?  Or is it just that your verbosity outweighs your ideas?

Posted by dethbrakr in Tacoma, WA on July 10, 2004 at 6:30 PM (CDT)

i would think that the flow of the night would be altered because of all the changing of DJs and the different genres…

Posted by sd on July 11, 2004 at 12:16 PM (CDT)

I’ve been to similar nights before.  There’s a club over here that runs a night called “put it on”.  People turn up and dj a 15 min set.  It can be with records, CDs, laptops - anything really.

They’re generally really good fun, you get a great mix of music and the atmosphere is pretty friendly, with a feeling of light-hearted competition.

I’ve done this with CDs and loved it.  I’ll probably give it a go with my iPod, so long as I can edit together something in advance that sounds good enough.

Posted by CubLuke in London, UK on July 12, 2004 at 4:02 AM (CDT)

Until it’s possible to beatmatch this is a dumb idea.

Posted by scot on July 12, 2004 at 3:41 PM (CDT)

They’ll never be as cool as noWax anyway - that’s a real iPod party for ya!

Posted by jonthebeef on July 13, 2004 at 6:35 AM (CDT)

BTW - noWax is playing Wednesday 14th July at BabyCream in Liverpool. You should really come down if you can…

Posted by jonthebeef on July 13, 2004 at 6:36 AM (CDT)

hey hey hey, i hate rap unless i have 2 girls dancin with me, so i think snowboarding the the best thing with an ipod

Posted by supabord on July 13, 2004 at 10:57 PM (CDT)

good! when I go to uk, I’ll put merzbow, speedcore and grind on my playlist! ahahah
and I’ll be the first there…wanna see if they will play! lol

Posted by 5th Raider on July 15, 2004 at 7:42 PM (CDT)