iPod price to drop in Canada after levy decision | iLounge News

iPod price to drop in Canada after levy decision

Apple Canada and Canadian retailers such as Future Shop and Best Buy will reduce the price of all iPods in response to the recent Federal Court of Appeal decision throwing out the levy on music players with embedded memory. The price will be reduced by the amount of the previously imposed levy, which equates to CDN$25 for 20GB and 40GB iPods, and $15 for iPod minis.

« Mac: Slipstream for AirPort Express announced

CSFB expecting 4.8 million iPods this quarter »

Comments

What!??!?!
$300-$400 iPods for $25!?!?

Posted by M Bargo in Chicago, IL on December 22, 2004 at 1:33 PM (CST)

to the above person, you aren’t too bright.  It’s $25 off normal ipods, and $15 off minis.  I checked futureshop.ca and they seem to be advertising this as a sale and not a price drop, and only iPods have been affected, I checked the prices of other DAPs and they remain.  Also it should be noted that at futureshop the price of the U2 ipod has dropped by $50 to $450.  So any prospective ipod buyer yesterday who was willing to shell out $430 for an ipod can now get a U2 ipod for just $20 more.

Posted by Enigma on December 22, 2004 at 2:15 PM (CST)

LMAO, not too bright indeed!

Posted by rockthecasbah on December 22, 2004 at 2:23 PM (CST)

whatever, canadians piss me off anyways

Posted by M Bargo in Chicago, IL on December 22, 2004 at 2:29 PM (CST)

Canadians piss you off?  What?
Are we the nation that chose to elect Terrorist George W Bush to a second term?  No.  We’re the nation who said no to your illegal invasion of a foreign country. And we piss you off?  The American Arrogance that they know better pisses me off.

Posted by DrunkDuck on December 22, 2004 at 3:09 PM (CST)

LMAO, I love how M Bargo makes a really stupid statement, then tries to “play it cool” by making an even stupider, ignorant statement…

cheers!

Posted by rockthecasbah on December 22, 2004 at 4:52 PM (CST)

m bargo is obviously a fool.

Posted by Axis in New York on December 22, 2004 at 7:00 PM (CST)

LOL!, DrunkDuck, Touche!

Posted by Disciple in Earth on December 24, 2004 at 10:33 AM (CST)

im with the canadians on this one and this is from the uk

Posted by Sizzla in London on December 24, 2004 at 1:10 PM (CST)

hmm damn, I just bought one through apple.ca. I hope I can get the $25 off now.

Posted by McPaul in Calgary, Canada on December 25, 2004 at 12:12 PM (CST)

I’m from canada, I just bought an iPod from future shop yesterday, before taxes it was about 380ish, and I think I got a couple bucks off because it was an open box. Either way , I fugure it was a pretty sweet deal.

Posted by .chel-c. in Canada on December 28, 2004 at 2:19 PM (CST)

Hahahahaha!!!! M. Bargo, ur an idiot. And then u make a comment about us? But oh, us americans r descriminated all the time..ya and that’s cause of ppl like u!!!

Posted by Mattt in Canada on January 3, 2005 at 9:04 AM (CST)