iPod-ready jukebox coming this Fall | iLounge News

iPod-ready jukebox coming this Fall

image

Pacific Rim Technologies has announced a vintage-style jukebox featuring a built-in universal docking cradle for iPods. Designed and manufactured by Saffire-USA, the Jukebox Station features a wood enclosure, FM radio, CD player, LED lighting system, and comes with a 17-function IR remote control. The jukebox, which stands at over 3 feet tall, offers a 6-inch subwoofer, two magnetically shielded tweeters, and two mid-range drivers. The system can also connect video iPods to a TV with its rear S-video and RCA video connections. The Jukebox Station will be available in early October for a retail price of $700.

image

« Griffin debuts Hi-Way bag for iPod Hi-Fi

New iPod Countdown Contest - Winners Announced »

Comments

That is the coolest thing!

Posted by Ryan on August 9, 2006 at 3:20 PM (CDT)

Judging by the size of the iPod, this looks to be about 3 feet tall or so?  It is kinda cool though.

Posted by Mike M on August 9, 2006 at 4:11 PM (CDT)

Very cool!

My only comment though - why not put power and light switches on the back of the unit rather than the two huge buttons on the front?

Posted by B.Mick in Austin, TX on August 9, 2006 at 4:24 PM (CDT)

Freaking nice!!!

Posted by Stich on August 9, 2006 at 4:33 PM (CDT)

Wow! That is completely cool!!! I want one now!

Posted by Chula on August 9, 2006 at 4:43 PM (CDT)

THAT looks cool!

I see this going far.

Posted by Mr. Anderson on August 9, 2006 at 6:24 PM (CDT)

cool, but would be way better if it was a full sized jukebox

Posted by kloan on August 9, 2006 at 6:39 PM (CDT)

They lost a couple of cool points with the silhouettes on the front.

Posted by Galley in Greenville, SC on August 9, 2006 at 11:27 PM (CDT)

great idea!

too bad that:
- it’s not “full sized”
- power and light buttons on front suck
- sucky silhouettes, but maybe the illustration can be changed easily

wondering how you actually control the ipod from the jukebox.
what are the buttons for? can you skip tracks, pause, browse through a playlist, change playlist, ...? if you have to open the jukebox, switch playlist, plug it on the dock and close the jukebox everytime, then it’s kinda sucky

Posted by wusserizer on August 10, 2006 at 2:33 AM (CDT)

wow,looks good!

Posted by joexiao on August 10, 2006 at 5:13 AM (CDT)

Even though I like it, I think the consumer is the wrong Market.  How many consumer do you think would really pay $700 for this.  A couple of weeks ago, I was talking to a few friends asking them when did they think we would see iPod sytle juke boxes in places like pizzahut.  I think buisnesses will really go for this if they make a few refinements.

Posted by 3rdeye on August 10, 2006 at 5:17 AM (CDT)

I thought $700 was expensive until I saw this from Costco website…check it out!!!  8,000 OUCH!!!

Posted by Oliver on August 10, 2006 at 12:03 PM (CDT)

Yep…wrong market.  Should have been marketed to family restaurant establishments…or their distributers.  Just add a coin slot.

Posted by Gordy. in Atlanta, GA on August 10, 2006 at 1:01 PM (CDT)

SWEET. Great price point. This is a great piece for Baby-boomers who will appreciate the nostalgic feeling to the concept overall, as well as playing into the cool-factor for younger generations. Cool because it looks old-school and utilizes contemporary tech.
I actually LIKE the fact that it’s not four or five feet tall; it will actually fit into a bedroom, studio apartment, or family room without needing two or three friends to haul it in, plus it should be an eye-catcher and good conversation piece without being completely overbearing in relation to the rest of the room. Should make a good Christmas present for my girlfriend.

Posted by buckshot on August 10, 2006 at 5:29 PM (CDT)

Hello,
    I am Mr Rick Paul and I would like to order for the (  iPod-ready jukebox coming this Fall } What is the price also what types of payments do you accept?Waiting for your email soon.Thank You

Regards,
Mr.Rick Paul.

Posted by Rick on October 27, 2007 at 6:23 AM (CDT)

I would like to know how could I order this I-Pod readyjukebox.
could you email me to let me know the info on this jukebox.
I would appriciate it.
Christine

Posted by christine on November 13, 2008 at 3:14 PM (CST)