iPod Repair Service | iLounge News

iPod Repair Service

One of our forum members is offering his services for the repair of iPods.

“Thats right, I am an independent worker folks. I have been fixing these things for quite some time now.  As stated, I repair all iPods (depending on what parts are needed) I also buy non-working ones as well! I always have cash on hand in my PayPal account to buy these from people. If you or someone you know needs an iPod fixed please email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

“Well, I started out making repairs when the iPods first came out. I am an electronics engineer at Western Michigan University. I am PayPal verified and will use escrow for the customer’s protection. I provide estimates of repairs and also determine whether the iPod is fixable or not. I have broken iPods laying around here from time to time so I can use them to fix other iPods for people. I run hardware diagnostics on all iPods that come into my possesion and most of the time can either fix them or buy them for a great price.”

« Washington Post: Music Industry Will Talk Before Suing

iTMS for Windows: Will Apple be successful? »

Comments

I have many parts available currently including LCD’s, ribbon cables, housings, main boards, etc.. (no HD’s)

Posted by Cy on December 2, 2003 at 2:08 PM (PDT)

Hi, I am trying to contact Cyanideg2. I have hunted cyanideg all over the internet, I think I even found an alternate email addresses.

I would really like to get in contact with you about fixing iPods. Mine is broken, but I think it can be fixed.

I have tried to email cyanideg, but I have had some suspicious results. So I am trying everything I can to get ahold of cyanideg.

I hope that cyanideg, or anyone with his contact information would please contact me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

cyanideg, if you have recieved my emails, please forgive my impatience. I think we can all understand the apprehension that surrounds the lose of an iPod…snifff. Thank you!

Posted by Aoshima on January 8, 2004 at 10:53 AM (PDT)

I am not sure about what you mean about suspicious results, but I try to answer all emails as quick as possible. email me and tell me the problem again. I have been swamped with ipods lately!! Sorry

Posted by Cy on January 8, 2004 at 1:22 PM (PDT)

Sorry for confusion,
WHen I said “suspicios” I meant to imply that I sent an email, and it failed to reach you “I recieved an error” so I was afraid that Cyanideg had changed his email address.

But I am very happy to be in contact with you. I do not mind waiting until you have time to work with me.

Also, I am sorry for using this forum for my own personal problems. From now, I will try to contact cyanideg directly.

Thanks
Aoshima

Posted by Aoshima on January 9, 2004 at 1:01 PM (PDT)

Recently, my sonís IPOD wouldnít play any songs on the hard drive.  It would simply skip past each song, and then eventually would lock up..  This seemed to start in tandem with a download that I performed on iTunes of some songs that had enormous filenames and special characters in the info fields.  It may have been related or just a coincidence, but I canít tell because Iím a software guy, and this thing doesnít exactly provide an option for watching the bootup process.  Iíve included the IPODDeviceLog which looks like it starts complaining at the OnVolumeRemoval() function that the IPODís not connected.  Itís around this point that a slight, but distinct clicking noise can be heard emanating from the IPOD, and the sync icon shows on the IPOD display and it tries to mount again, etcÖ  Finally the mount operation fails. Iíve tried reloading the updater environment, and even reloading MusicMatch and the original iPOD software, but Iím afraid the problem continues. He has one of the legacy models like 5GB running firmware at v1.3Ö

What do you suggest?  Can you give an estimate on fixing a corrupted HD, or a controller problem, etc?  Is there hope for further troubleshooting on the firmware/software side?

Posted by HillbillyNater on January 14, 2004 at 11:01 AM (PDT)

Please send all inquiries to my email account. .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted by cy on January 14, 2004 at 11:49 AM (PDT)

Hey Cy,

I don’t know what’s wrong. But I have sent you 2 emails, and I still have not heard from you. Could you please email me at either .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) or .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) ? I would really like to talk to you.

Posted by Aoshima on January 16, 2004 at 4:40 PM (PDT)

Has anyone besides “Seth C” had their iPod fixed by this guy?

Posted by Tbone on January 26, 2004 at 7:11 AM (PDT)

I am working on a site where folks can leave me feedback. I have fixed many iPods over the past year for many people looking at this post. I will see if I can get more people to get back on here and leave feedback.

Posted by cy on January 26, 2004 at 8:21 AM (PDT)

I contacted Cyanideg about my beloved iPod. Once I got ahold of him, I did not have to wait long to get his diagnosis.

Unfortunately, the insides of my iPod were crushed, and so it was not able to be repaired. It would seem that there are SOME damages outside of repair…
But Cyanideg offered me a fair price to keep the unit, and reuse the parts to fix other iPods.

I was happy to do business with him. But it is a real shame about my iPod…

Posted by Aoshima on January 29, 2004 at 8:23 AM (PDT)

OK, this kid saved my life.  i dropped my iPod and can’t really afford to replace it.  i have one of the 10G old school joints so i thought things were hopeless.  WITHIN a week after i sent it to Cyanideg, i had it back.  not only was the screen fixed but he fixed the buttons and the scroll on it (they were a little janky) without my even mentioning it.  One more thing:  i’m not a Paypal guy so i just sent him the money upfront.  i was right to trust him.  also if you have questions, he gets right back to you.  i’m writing a lot because i just got it back today so i’m a little amped.

Posted by James Bernard on February 5, 2004 at 4:52 PM (PDT)

All these stories sound gr8 but is their a reason no 1 is putting up the cost for the repairs Cy completed??

Posted by TMI_9tre7 on May 14, 2004 at 5:30 AM (PDT)

I forgot this post was even up guys. I am running [url=http://www.ipodmods.com]http://www.ipodmods.com[/url] at the moment. Plenty of satisfied customers.

Posted by iPodMods on May 14, 2004 at 6:59 AM (PDT)

ipod repair and custom color modifications to your ipod screen. Visit: [url=http://www.ipodmods.com]http://www.ipodmods.com[/url] for ALL repair questions!

Posted by ipodmods.com in MI on January 8, 2005 at 7:29 PM (PDT)

A few months ago, my ipod’s screen cracked; I am not exactly sure as to how this happened.  When i contacted apple they told me to send it in but a few weeks later it was sent right back to me.  They said that screen cracks were not covered under the warrenty. Does anyone have any suggenstions.

Posted by Ziggy.S on February 3, 2005 at 12:15 AM (PDT)

My encased iPod dropped to the ground just hard enough to scramble the hardrive.

I sent it to iPodmods.com.  They received it on a Wednesday and turned it back around to me on Thursday - in less than 24 hours.

They installed a new hardrive and put in a new, upgraded battery all for less than Apple wanted upfront before making just the repair.

Hopefully I won’t need them again, but I would go back and I would recommend them to anyone in an instant.  They did great work.

Posted by Obadiah on February 18, 2005 at 6:40 PM (PDT)

Can someone help me fix my Ipod? Everytime I try to power it on a folder icon with a ! comes up then turns off

Posted by TheLegend in St. Paul, MN on March 22, 2005 at 4:54 PM (PDT)

Sounds to me like it needs a new hard drive from ipodmods!

Posted by ipodmods.com in MI on March 25, 2005 at 7:58 AM (PDT)

dang, i was tryin 2 avoid that, there is no way 2 fix that? cuz i wanna keep the music i got

Posted by TheLegend in St. Paul, MN on March 30, 2005 at 12:30 PM (PDT)

We can take a look at it under our general repair. We may be able to recover some of the data depending on the extent of the damage.

Posted by ipodmods.com in MI on March 31, 2005 at 11:50 AM (PDT)

Page 2 of 3 pages  <  1 2 3 >