iPod Repair Service | iLounge News

iPod Repair Service

One of our forum members is offering his services for the repair of iPods.

“Thats right, I am an independent worker folks. I have been fixing these things for quite some time now.  As stated, I repair all iPods (depending on what parts are needed) I also buy non-working ones as well! I always have cash on hand in my PayPal account to buy these from people. If you or someone you know needs an iPod fixed please email me at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

“Well, I started out making repairs when the iPods first came out. I am an electronics engineer at Western Michigan University. I am PayPal verified and will use escrow for the customer’s protection. I provide estimates of repairs and also determine whether the iPod is fixable or not. I have broken iPods laying around here from time to time so I can use them to fix other iPods for people. I run hardware diagnostics on all iPods that come into my possesion and most of the time can either fix them or buy them for a great price.”

« Washington Post: Music Industry Will Talk Before Suing

iTMS for Windows: Will Apple be successful? »

Comments

Connecting the charger to it, it displays the Apple logo and then ticks over to display a folder icon with an exclamation point - holding down the menu and centre buttons together displays DISK MODE with a big tick on the screen. It still charges just fine and the battery has no problems

Posted by cleefy on April 30, 2005 at 6:54 PM (PDT)

can u help me fix tht problem

Posted by cleefy on April 30, 2005 at 8:17 PM (PDT)

I had my 3G Screen replaced by ipoddoctor.co.uk. it only cost £70-00 and was returned in 2 Days. WOW

Posted by deanzbeanz on May 7, 2005 at 7:46 PM (PDT)

How much would it cost just to get my screen replaced?

Posted by Caciss on June 19, 2005 at 8:54 AM (PDT)

My son’s MINI IPOD is staticy and the HD freezes intermintly
He got a 20G as a Grad present
I like to fool around with electronics
Before I attempt to open it I figured you might give me some tips on opening? and possible reason for the problems?

Posted by jacob on June 19, 2005 at 5:02 PM (PDT)

I got a mini ipod and my scrollers seems to be screwed .. ive tryed everything except opening it up ...Can this actuly be fixed before i send it off and get a bill for nothing ?

Posted by Carl on June 26, 2005 at 4:50 PM (PDT)

I just got my lcd screen fixed by them and it was great having my ipod back.  but unfortunatly when i turned it on the hard drive was all messed up.  i sent in a completly good working ipod and got back one where the hard drive crashed.  i took it to apple store and realized that this wasn’t my original ipod, the serial number was different than the one i purchased.  which inturn my warranty is gone too now with apple.  all i had asked for was to fix my lcd screen, nothing else. and it comes back to me with completly different parts.  as you can see i am extreamly upset by this.  just thought you all should know.

Posted by Ami on July 21, 2005 at 12:47 PM (PDT)

everytime i turn on my ipod a screen appears with a folder and a ! on it. how can i fix that problem without taking it in to get fixed?

Posted by alexandra on July 25, 2005 at 5:26 PM (PDT)

Hello.

I tested the repair option from Germany - for only £ 19 whole repair of my HP iPod and for £ 27 they put in a new battery of my wife´s mini. http://www.podmod.org. took 4 days to get it done with shipment. english support, local rate phonenumber, worth a try.

Posted by Kris Vukon on November 29, 2005 at 6:31 AM (PDT)

hi my ipod nano is broken and the screen is blank but the music still plays and i was wondering can you fix it

Posted by brian siu on December 8, 2005 at 8:30 PM (PDT)

well, my ipod started freezing on me, so i kept on reseting it. now it has the sick ipod screen and i cant do anything to get it back to normal

Posted by Bobby Wooten on October 10, 2006 at 3:18 PM (PDT)

I have a 30g video ipod and my lcd screen is broken. How much will you charge to fix it

Posted by vincent clark on November 4, 2006 at 2:25 PM (PDT)

my ipod is frozen and wont do anything,i have a cable that hooks up to it and i can play it from my stereo,so i was wondering what i should do…

Posted by Stephanie on February 18, 2007 at 4:59 PM (PDT)

I have a problem with my Ipod the sounds are horrible.I tried changing earphones, but, it do not sound like before. Is there anybody there who could help me?!

Posted by sherry on March 11, 2007 at 8:23 PM (PDT)

son washed his in the washer for about 5 min works on the charger but not independently any suggestions thanks

Posted by barb on June 10, 2007 at 11:40 AM (PDT)

my ipod seems to be cracked on the inside and wont turn on

Posted by crysta on January 23, 2008 at 4:05 PM (PDT)

hi, i think the display of my ipod is broken it has a medium size black spot next to the right up corner. i would like to know what you can do to fix it and how much would that cost. please send me an e-mail, i’m really pissed off with this, i have this ipod only 2 months ago!!!!!

thanks for your help!.

Posted by Juan felipe delgado on February 22, 2008 at 8:48 AM (PDT)

ok, so my warranty doesn’t cover broken LCD screens. ugh, how much do you think it would cost to get it fixed.

Posted by Leah on May 11, 2008 at 5:22 PM (PDT)

My ipod mini ( the latest model) will not turn on.  The screen is black and I am very careful not to drop it.  I don’t want to lose the music saved.  What can you do for me?

Posted by Jordan on June 28, 2009 at 10:55 PM (PDT)

my ipod touch 2nd gen. has a cracked screen but it works just fine. one time my friend dropped it and now the headphone jack doesnt work and everytime i try to listen to music through my headphones, there’s barely any sound coming out. i tried 5 different type of headphones but they all sound the same.. then one time i tried it again and the speaker plays in the background along with the headphones but the sound in the headphones sound “crappy”. what can i do to fix this problem?

Posted by dany leal on September 8, 2011 at 8:13 AM (PDT)

Page 3 of 3 pages  <  1 2 3