In the October issue of MacWorld UK the upcoming Apple Expo Paris 2003 is expected to reveal the introduction of aluminium 15” PowerBooks. Shortages of Apple products is also mentioned which includes the iPod.
Jonny Evans and Karen Haslam report -
“Apple’s iPod MP3 player remains a chart hit, with the Apple Store warning of a two-to-three week wait for all models and UK resellers complaining that they cannot keep up with the orders they have made.
Justin Huckfield, director of Nexus Graphic Systems, said: “I just can’t get them from Apple.”
His concerns were echoed by others, with some resellers indicating up to an eight week wait before they are able to fulfill orders. One reseller even claimed he is buying iPods from the John lewis online store in order to meet customer demand.
Many feel that Apple is prioritising it’s own online store, at their expense. One reseller who wished to remain unnamed, suggested Apple “must treat resellers with more respect if it wants to increase market share”.
The device has attracted more column inches of media coverage than even Apple’s original Bondi Blue iMac, according to sources at media-monitoring agencies. Celebrity iPod owners include David and Victoria Beckham, and Robbie Williams.
Globally, demand exceeds supply - Apple shifted its millionth iPod in its third quarter.
An Apple spokesman said: “There is heavy demand for iPods, and the company is doing everything it can to keep up with this.”
- Apple releases iOS 10 beta 7 to developers
- Apple releases fifth iOS 10 public beta, sixth developer betas for iOS 10, tvOS 10 + watchOS 3
- Apple releases fifth developer betas for iOS 10, tvOS 10 + watchOS 3
- Report: Apple developing digital TV guide
- Apple releases iOS 9.3.4 ‘security update’
- Apple releases third iOS 10 public beta
- Report: Apple developing its own Snapchat-style social video editing iOS app
- Apple announces Apple Music Festival lineup including Alicia Keys, Britney Spears + more
- Universal calls an end to exclusives amid criticisms that Apple Music is hurting the industry
- Apple reveals some of its upcoming AI advancements for the iPhone
- Apple Music’s royalty rates complicate Spotify’s contract negotiations
- iFixit highlights ‘Touch Disease’ affecting many iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus models
- Rebranded Nike+ Run Club app adds new tracking abilities
- Apple Music Festival set for Sept. 18-30
- Report: Apple planning three iPhone models for 2017, one with curved OLED display
- Apple investigating after two Foxconn employees died last week
- Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Connected Bluetooth Toothbrush
- Audeze EL-8 Titanium Over-Ear Headphones
- Defined Corp Dome Stand for Apple Watch and iPhone
- Speck StyleFolio Pencil for 9.7” iPad Pro
- Audeze Sine On-Ear Headphone
- First Alert Onelink Wi-Fi Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Logitech Create 9.7” iPad Pro Keyboard Case
- iDevices Outdoor Switch Power Outlet
- 808 Audio Canz XL Bluetooth Speaker
- Standzout Helix Dock for Apple Watch
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10
- Filling the Gap: A look at third-party HomeKit apps
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 9.2
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 9.3
- Opinion: Why Apple needs a dedicated HomeKit app