In the October issue of MacWorld UK the upcoming Apple Expo Paris 2003 is expected to reveal the introduction of aluminium 15” PowerBooks. Shortages of Apple products is also mentioned which includes the iPod.
Jonny Evans and Karen Haslam report -
“Apple’s iPod MP3 player remains a chart hit, with the Apple Store warning of a two-to-three week wait for all models and UK resellers complaining that they cannot keep up with the orders they have made.
Justin Huckfield, director of Nexus Graphic Systems, said: “I just can’t get them from Apple.”
His concerns were echoed by others, with some resellers indicating up to an eight week wait before they are able to fulfill orders. One reseller even claimed he is buying iPods from the John lewis online store in order to meet customer demand.
Many feel that Apple is prioritising it’s own online store, at their expense. One reseller who wished to remain unnamed, suggested Apple “must treat resellers with more respect if it wants to increase market share”.
The device has attracted more column inches of media coverage than even Apple’s original Bondi Blue iMac, according to sources at media-monitoring agencies. Celebrity iPod owners include David and Victoria Beckham, and Robbie Williams.
Globally, demand exceeds supply - Apple shifted its millionth iPod in its third quarter.
An Apple spokesman said: “There is heavy demand for iPods, and the company is doing everything it can to keep up with this.”
- Apple releases fourth iOS 10.2.1 beta
- Apple releases iOS 10.2.1 beta 3, tvOS 10.1.1 beta 2, watchOS 3.1.3 beta 2 to developers
- Apple reports iOS 10 now on 76 percent of iOS devices
- Leak claims iOS 10.3 beta to arrive next week with ‘Theatre Mode’
- Apple releases second developer beta of iOS 10.2.1
- Apple releases first developer betas of iOS 10.2.1, tvOS 10.1.1
Subscribe to iLounge Weekly
- Apple files lawsuit accusing Qualcomm of withholding patent royalties
- Apple releases updated iOS Developer Design Resources
- Apple’s exclusive audiobook deal with Audible ends in Europe following EU antitrust scrutiny
- Nintendo officially announces Fire Emblem Heroes for iOS, coming Feb. 2
- Rumor: Apple working on second-generation Apple Pencil
- GarageBand 2.2 adds Logic Pro X integration, Alchemy synth, Multi-Take Recording
- FTC files complaint against Qualcomm citing royalty deal with Apple
- India mulling manufacturing regulation changes which could woo Apple
- Apple Music creative team discusses the service’s exclusives, future
- Apple raising UK App Store prices by more than 25 percent
- Revogi Smart Lightbulb, Smart Lightstrip, Smart Candle + Smart Meter Plug
- Audeze iSine10 In-Ear Headphones
- MOCACARE MOCACuff Connected Blood Pressure Monitor
- Apple AirPods
- Elgato Eve Motion
- Olloclip Core Lens Set for iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Logitech Pop Home Switch Starter Pack
- Elgato Eve Light Switch
- iHome iPLWBT5 Docking Clock Radio for iPhone and Apple Watch
- Brydge 12.9 iPad Pro Keyboard
- Top Five: The Best Products for Building a Smart Home with HomeKit
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of watchOS 3
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of tvOS 10
- Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iOS 10
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Photos gets Advanced Computer Vision
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Music app delivers ‘clarity and simplicity’
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 Maps gets a major redesign
- Inside the betas: iOS 10 shakes up the user experience
- Inside the betas: watchOS 3 promises a real speed boost
- Inside the betas: A sneak peek at what’s new in tvOS 10