In the October issue of MacWorld UK the upcoming Apple Expo Paris 2003 is expected to reveal the introduction of aluminium 15” PowerBooks. Shortages of Apple products is also mentioned which includes the iPod.
Jonny Evans and Karen Haslam report -
“Apple’s iPod MP3 player remains a chart hit, with the Apple Store warning of a two-to-three week wait for all models and UK resellers complaining that they cannot keep up with the orders they have made.
Justin Huckfield, director of Nexus Graphic Systems, said: “I just can’t get them from Apple.”
His concerns were echoed by others, with some resellers indicating up to an eight week wait before they are able to fulfill orders. One reseller even claimed he is buying iPods from the John lewis online store in order to meet customer demand.
Many feel that Apple is prioritising it’s own online store, at their expense. One reseller who wished to remain unnamed, suggested Apple “must treat resellers with more respect if it wants to increase market share”.
The device has attracted more column inches of media coverage than even Apple’s original Bondi Blue iMac, according to sources at media-monitoring agencies. Celebrity iPod owners include David and Victoria Beckham, and Robbie Williams.
Globally, demand exceeds supply - Apple shifted its millionth iPod in its third quarter.
An Apple spokesman said: “There is heavy demand for iPods, and the company is doing everything it can to keep up with this.”
- Tips app debuts in iOS 8 beta 4
- Forensic scientist notes iOS ‘back doors’
- iOS 8 beta 3 released to developers
- Apple releases iOS 7.1.2
- Apple’s new 16GB iPod touch update: unboxing and impressions
- Apple intros new 16GB iPod touch, cuts prices on 32/64GB models
If you have a comment, news tip, advertising inquiry, or coverage request, a question about iPods/iPhones/iPad or accessories, or if you sell or market iPod/iPhone/iPad products or services, read iLounge's Comments + Questions policies before posting, and fully identify yourself if you do. We will delete comments containing advertising, astroturfing, trolling, personal attacks, offensive language, or other objectionable content, then ban and/or publicly identify violators.
- Congress passes bill to legalize phone unlocking
- Bose sues Beats over noise-canceling patents
- iLounge Game Spotlight: Modern Combat 5: Blackout
- Apps of the Week: ShipAntics, Modern Combat 5, This American Life 3.0 + more
- Report: Apple could launch own mobile wallet this fall
- Report: Apple ‘tentatively’ plans mid-September iPhone event
- Apple faces class action suit in California for labor violations
- Apple, AT&T now sending $40 checks to some iPad 3G owners
- Apple denies iOS “back door” access in new report
- Notes from Apple’s Q3 2014 earnings call
- Incipio offGRID Smart Bluetooth Low Energy-Enabled Portable 6000mAh Backup Battery
- Divoom Voombox Travel Rugged Portable Wireless Speaker
- Logitech protection+ for iPhone 5/5s and +trip
- Beats Powerbeats2 Wireless
- Incipio Steno Ultra-Thin Bluetooth Keyboard Folio for iPad Air
- OtterBox Resurgence Power Case for iPhone 5/5s
- Gumdrop Cases FoamTech Case for iPad Air
- Ztylus Camera Case + RV-2 Revolver Lens for iPhone 5/5s
- JBL Synchros Reflect In-Ear Sport Headphones
- JBL Synchros E50BT Over-Ear Headphones
- What’s New in iTunes 12
- iLounge Picks: Five Great Summer Party Speakers
- Editorial: Endings And Beginnings
- Live From CE Week 2014: Brand New iPad, iPhone + Mac Accessories!
- What’s New In iOS 8 For iPad, iPhone + iPod touch
- iLounge Multi-Editorial: WWDC 2014’s iOS 8, OS X Yosemite + More
- The Complete Guide to Apple TV Channels
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad, 2001 to 2010
- iHistory: From iPod + iTunes to iPhone, Apple TV + iPad: 2011 to Today
- Viewing only downloaded iTunes Match tracks